Bad disc me thinks

  • Thread starter Thread starter PapaPro
  • 41 comments
  • 2,215 views
IDK if this will help or not but I managed to fix my friends PS3 which had the corrupt file system.

http://thesinglegamer.com/index.php?topic=520.0.

After doing the 5. Restore PS3 Sytem which makes the PS3 out of the box status. Did the system updates, loaded GT5 onto the PS3, copied the game save from his USB stick & he was right back to where he left off. Everything else on his PS3 was gone but GT5 was working properly again.

G/L
 
IDK if this will help or not but I managed to fix my friends PS3 which had the corrupt file system.

http://thesinglegamer.com/index.php?topic=520.0.

After doing the 5. Restore PS3 Sytem which makes the PS3 out of the box status. Did the system updates, loaded GT5 onto the PS3, copied the game save from his USB stick & he was right back to where he left off. Everything else on his PS3 was gone but GT5 was working properly again.

G/L

I just calmed down with a glass of good wine. Will try this later and hope it fixes things. I was level 40 B spec and just really started A spec and was getting good. So I hope that I will be back.

Will try your guide. Thank you so much!
 
My friends PS3 was a $300 paperweight until I fixed it for him. It couldn't do anything, wouldn't even go to the XMB screen.
 
My friends PS3 was a $300 paperweight until I fixed it for him. It couldn't do anything, wouldn't even go to the XMB screen.

That did not work but after several reboots I got into my account. Now I get an error when I put the GT5 disc in. Everything else works so its so weird. Another thing I do not understand is I cleaned the system yet it says the PS3 operating system is up to date? So default factory settings is a lot of balony!

More P*ssed off now
 
That did not work but after several reboots I got into my account. Now I get an error when I put the GT5 disc in. Everything else works so its so weird. Another thing I do not understand is I cleaned the system yet it says the PS3 operating system is up to date? So default factory settings is a lot of balony!

More P*ssed off now
Sounds like you only went to step 2. Restore Default Settings, go all the way to 5. Retsore PS3 System & it will make your PS3 like it just came out of the box.
 
Sounds like you only went to step 2. Restore Default Settings, go all the way to 5. Retsore PS3 System & it will make your PS3 like it just came out of the box.

You are so kind to give advise to us. But when I tried to hold the PS3 button I get one beep and it loads. No second or third beep? Please advise as this is the only hope I have right now bar sending it back. I have the PS3 slim
 
If you can get to that screen without doing the PS3 button hold down then just proceed through the XMB. Go straight to 5. Restore PS3 System

My friends PS3 was slim also.
 
If you can get to that screen without doing the PS3 button hold down then just proceed through the XMB. Go straight to 5. Restore PS3 System

My friends PS3 was slim also.

Ok I got it. I was holding the joystick PS3 button, silly me. Anyway, got to option 5 and did the "system resore", logged in too (yay) but the system update says my system is already up to date? Maybe Sony changed something with their last update?
 
You didn't need to do the system update because if it wasn't up to date then it would automatically update itself. That's it, now load the game onto the HDD, copy the save from your USB storage device which has your game save & you should be able to play the game as before.
 
You didn't need to do the system update because if it wasn't up to date then it would automatically update itself. That's it, now load the game onto the HDD, copy the save from your USB storage device which has your game save & you should be able to play the game as before.

I get an error every time I put the disk in. Please dont worry and I am sorry to waste everyones time. My system is screwed.

Given up
 
fyi- a network connection is not required to use a PS3 or GT5. disconnecting the network cable (or turning off network connection) will simplify your troubleshooting.

the key to effective troubleshooting is to simplify, simplify, simplify.
 
I get an error every time I put the disk in. Please dont worry and I am sorry to waste everyones time. My system is screwed.



Given up



Your system is fine & I think you're back to square one with exchanging the game disc.
 
Back