Baldur's Gate 3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Jtheripper, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Larian studios of Divinity original sin 1 and 2 making this, looks pretty neat if you're into old style rpgs.
    Hope won't just be for stadia and pc though.
    Presentation video with gameplay and cinematics...

barryf1fan and klondike like this.
  2. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Still have both Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2 for PS2 (think I even have DA II for Xbox) - loved those games back in the day. Remember we took the kids to Silver Dollar City one year for Spring Break and 2 of the days it just poured rain so we stayed in the "cabin" and played Baldur's Gate: D.A. and Champions of Norrath. :tup:

Knukel and Jtheripper like this.
  3. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Heheh i see, thought you're only into pcars2 and motogp.:lol: :D

Edit: the faces are pretty uncanny in the conversations in this presentation. Like half real and half cartoony digital. Must be some newer tech like subsurface light scattering etc. They say present consoles couldn't handle the game too. Hope it comes to ps5 later on.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    barryf1fan likes this.
  4. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

:lol::lol::lol:

That does seem to be all I play of late... however, I have about 800+ hours on SW Battlefront (1) for the PS4 & Xbox One, ON EACH. :eek:
    I do play other things, and I would surely pick this up and play it. I really like these style of games, played the crap out of both these franchises and also Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1 & 2) on PS3 and Diablo 3 and D3: Reaper of Souls on PS4.

'Bout a year or so ago I whipped out the PS2 slim and played Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms - such a GOOD FREAKIN game. Played it for about 4 hours or so. :tup: I really prefer these top down Isometric hack-n-slash RPG's to the Fallouts, and Skyrim type. I'll probably get blasted, but eh, it's what I like. I got into Mass Effect, a little, but it got boring too. :sly: The original Bioshock is the only game I can think of that I finished that's a full 3d, first-person RPG, and that was ages ago. :rolleyes:

Jtheripper likes this.
  5. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Yeah i can understand preferring that style, its more cinematic in a way from seeing the environment and your characters exploring and fighting.
    Also there more tactical options often and freedom of choices and consequences.
    I prefer turn-based up to now mostly though to realtime with pause. Gets repetitive in pillars of eternity with many characters and ennemies. The 2nd game has turnbased combat, makes me curious to try it.

Ah yeah i forgot your obsession with battlefront. :D
    Also its smoother often in these top down games, on x360 games like mass effect 3 were a little jarring from the camera swinging and slow framerate.
    Edit: and you have control of a party more in these. And it works better with top down cam.
    Edit2: @barryf1fan forgot to mention, since you liked Bioshock, in case you didnt notice, Bioshock 1 2 3 ports to ps4 are free on psn until beginning of march. Just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020