Band NamesMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter xXSilencerXx
  • 50 comments
  • 1,960 views
eliseracer
And almost a CCR song.

No offense, but XLR8Rs is probably the lamest one here. Sounds like the 250lb, used-to-have-a-mullet, muscle-shirt wearing, barbed-wire-tattoo-sporting jackass driving a 1997 Pontiac Firebird gets for his vanity license plate. Not cool.

yeah well, at least I'm suggesting names and not complaining about others'. You're like a film critic: complaining about other people's work but incapable of producing on your own. Not flaming you, by the by... :)

upon further examination, XLR8R is a DJ Magazine, so heck.
 
Non-Existant.

I've always liked that name...
 
Two of my favourites from that site...

# Incident Ipod and the Village
# Ipod Shipwreck and the Consolidated Ant

It's funny to flick through a dictionary and stop on a random word on a random page to pick a band name. Do it twice for a band with 2 words, three for a band with 3 etc...
 
iPod huh... ? ok...

You sparked a name out of no where for me...

Ickapodic (at least that's how it sounds in my head) :dopey:
 
How about the timeless "I prefer women with one breast 0.7cm wider than the other"?

Or do either of you like to lick various metals?

I'd suggest Metallicker then.
 
Diego440
yeah well, at least I'm suggesting names and not complaining about others'. You're like a film critic: complaining about other people's work but incapable of producing on your own. Not flaming you, by the by... :)

Uhm, there isn't anything wrong with being critical. I'm being honnest, and it's an opinion, which are both legal on the terms I agreed to.

-Poncho
 
Here are some off the top of my head:

Blueprint For Annihilation
Methodus
Comatomb
KillView
Speedkill
EnVile
Pseudonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

NOTE: That bottom one is all one word, but vBulletin won't allow me to type a word that long.
 
Archer is a cool name.
 
How about "And Supporting Bands"? That'd look good on a promo poster.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Pseudonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
That'll never fit on a marquee!
 
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead is long enough but do you know what their original name was?

...

The Clouds That Fondle Jagged Crags And Raging Storms Conspire And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
 
911_Carrera
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead is long enough but do you know what their original name was?

...

The Clouds That Fondle Jagged Crags And Raging Storms Conspire And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

and will usually be called "Clouds"
 
"We came up with this name because we couldn't think of another name"
WCUWTNBWCTOAN

Cathoroide Ray Tube
Trigonometry
 
What about Piece of Mind?

Very subtle differences in spelling can be effective. Though, it seems more of a Thrash or Death Metal album title than anything.

Names like MINDistortion look too Nu Metal for my liking, so I'll refrain.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
What about Piece of Mind?

Do you think its good or not.


Jimmy Enslashay
Very subtle differences in spelling can be effective. Though, it seems more of a Thrash or Death Metal album title than anything.

That's because its an Iron Maiden album title.

Jimmy Enslashay
Names like MINDistortion look too Nu Metal for my liking, so I'll refrain.

We're tryin to be a mix of heavy metal and Nu Metal. But right I like Piece of Mind.
 
xXSilencerXx
That's because its an Iron Maiden album title.
Wow. Blonde moment for me. I knew I'd seen it somewhere, anyway.
xXSilencerXx
Do you think its good or not.
Yeah, it's not too bad, actually.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Wow. Blonde moment for me. I knew I'd seen it somewhere, anyway


:lol: I never would've found it if my dad didn't tell me to go listen to "The Trooper".
 
Back