Bands that GTP should have heard ofMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter miniMADness
  • 32 comments
  • 1,326 views
Messages
1,045
Ok, This has been done before, but chances are there is a whole lot of new, awesome bands that havent been discovered yet. Add your own.

Ive got two...

National Pornographic - These guys are a Brisbane based band that play "Heavy Acid Funk Groove". Its usually sample based songs that are always really cool. Check out their website here

Elephant Mojo - This is another Brissy band, but they play rock instead of hippy style beats. The drums are really cool, and they sorta incorporate a bit of funk and reggae into some of their songs.
Here is their website.

:)
 
aahh miniMADness, long time no see

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT i love this Brisbane heavy rock band. they are gettin quite well known in aust' and now they are expanding overseas to NZ, south africa, england and most of europe. they're debut album "begins here" has been given awesome wraps, and i love the CD, it rocks. plus they kick serious arse LIVE. ive seen them 4 times now, and they still kick arse.

another is ANTISKEPTIC. Aussie punk band. unfortuately, i havent seen them live yet (when they came to brissie i had to work.....grr) but their 2 albums rock.

check out their websites

www.thebutterflyeffect.com.au
www.antiskeptic.com.au
 
Yeah, heard of Butterfly Effect around here. But havent actually gone and seen them - they are supposed to be awesome!

Millencolin, only 7 weeks ay?
 
******CK YEAH 7 WEEKS TILL SCHOOLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should see the b-effect next time they come to town, they are awesome.

and if anyone is wondering, no they did not name their band after the movie, they were around before that shiaty movie came out. the band absolutely crap all over that movie.
 
Millencolin -- I'm not into the style of music, but I seen Butterfly Effect live. I actually went to see the main supporting band (Metal). The Butterfly Effect were boring. Half of the people left half-way through. The only song that got people semi-pumped up was "Sweet and Low", IMO the only semi-decent BE song - semi because at the end it gets very boring.

But hey, my opinion.
 
Last Emperor
Jedi Mind Tricks
Yngwie Malmsteen
RJD2
DJ Quicksilver
 
Everyone knows about TMBG!

Dismemberment Plan (Groundbreaking pop. Yes, I said groundbreaking.)
The Futureheads (Indie rock.)
Dungen (More awesome pop. Psychedelic pop, even. The lyrics aren't in English in case that matters to you.)
The Arcade Fire (More indie rock.)
M83 (Electronic rock.)
Manitoba (Electronic pop.)
Mogwai (Experimental rock, space rock, indie rock, whatever.)
Rilo Kiley (Country/Folk indie pop.)
 
VAST 👍

I know a few people know them (well, him) around here, but not too many...
 
Technically VAST is just one man, but he has collaborated with other artists in nearly all of his work.
 
Klostrophobic
Technically VAST is just one man, but he has collaborated with other artists in nearly all of his work.
Yeah I know, that's why I said him - Jon Crosby or whatever is name is.
 
Shannon
And both suck. :p

I really do not know about Devolved but prepare to be flamed for bashing the fastest metal band (maybe so) I ever heard in the metal world, The Berzerker; These guys can thrash the living s**t out of any nu-metal band, especially Slipknot :trouble: :cool:

What are you, Shannon, a generic metal junkie who likes regular, slow-playing metal bands and not fast to lightning speeding, brutal metal bands? Man, I cannot believe you...
 
Shannon's more of an Rock-Crazy Industrial Heavy Nu Metaller. That's my wording anyway.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Shannon's more of an Rock-Crazy Industrial Heavy Nu Metaller. That's my wording anyway.

Yeah, he is. But to shorten that, I would definitely dare say that he is a mallcore junkie.

EDIT: Plus, he lives in Australia. What a bitter irony this is for Shannon...

:lol: :p :trouble:
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Millencolin -- I'm not into the style of music, but I seen Butterfly Effect live. I actually went to see the main supporting band (Metal). The Butterfly Effect were boring. Half of the people left half-way through. The only song that got people semi-pumped up was "Sweet and Low", IMO the only semi-decent BE song - semi because at the end it gets very boring.

But hey, my opinion.


how long ago was that? thats one of their older songs......
 
They played all the newer ones too. It was June this year I think.
Klonie Gun
EDIT: Plus, he lives in Australia. What a bitter irony this is for Shannon...
What's the irony here? I'm from Australia, too, by the way. ;)

EDIT: Oh I see. Bagging out Devolved and The Berzerker. Haha. Support these two great Aussie bands! (Although Berzerker are getting quite a bit of recognition overseas lately).
 
C.I.A. punk band from Sarnia, Ontario Canada - currently disbanded

< was drummer/singer for band....WE ROCKED !!!
 
Klonie Gun
I really do not know about Devolved but prepare to be flamed for bashing the fastest metal band (maybe so) I ever heard in the metal world, The Berzerker; These guys can thrash the living s**t out of any nu-metal band, especially Slipknot :trouble: :cool:

What are you, Shannon, a generic metal junkie who likes regular, slow-playing metal bands and not fast to lightning speeding, brutal metal bands? Man, I cannot believe you...
You really can't handle an opinion can you? You're just one of those weak, simple-minded fanboys who jump on the defensive side and take everything so seriously when someone says something negative about your favourite band.

And I wouldn't even call myself a metal junkie. I listen to everything from Pyshedelic Rock (Pink Floyd) to German Industrial I can't even understand (Rammstein) to Heavy Metal such as In Flames. See, I don't limit myself to the one genre like you.

Yeah, he is. But to shorten that, I would definitely dare say that he is a mallcore junkie.

EDIT: Plus, he lives in Australia. What a bitter irony this is for Shannon...

:lol: :p :trouble:
You live in America right? I've seen you diss heaps of American bands. It's a two-way street. 👍
 
Okay, don't start any sort of flaming here. We all love our respective music, some people are quite protective. Lets just leave it at that.
 
Rustic Overtones: I brought them up here before, but I don't think anybody gave them a chance. Their style incorporates funk, jazz, and rock. They're a good band to listen to when you're sick of hearing the same old thing on the radio and want something new and refreshing.

Sigur Ros: Their style is impossible to describe. You'll love them if you like Radiohead though.

I'll also second Klos's reccomendation on Mogwai.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Okay, don't start any sort of flaming here. We all love our respective music, some people are quite protective. Lets just leave it at that.

Yeah, that is right. I am one of those protective (actually defensive) people that take it personally when it comes to listening to favorite artists.
 
Back