Bands Who Rock Live, But Falter On CD?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter kristof
  • 17 comments
  • 757 views
Messages
81
List the bands you think are superb live but have never really been able to capture it in the recording studio!

I'll start with

Thin Lizzy
Prodigy
Linkin Park
 
Grateful Dead
 
I think that Dave Matthews is better live, but the CD is still good.
 
Alien Ant Farm is much better live. I really don't listen to their CD's very often, but when I saw them live a while back, they kicked ass. Most rock bands are better live.


-Mark
 
AC/DC their live music sounds recorded and their recorded sounds live.
 
how about the opposite

bands that sound AWFUL live and good on CD

THE WHITE STRIPES

never ever ever see them live its trash
 
Has anyone heard of Medeski, Martin and Wood?


They are an acid jazz trio from, I think, New York.

If you like any kind of music, I dare say you'll like Medeski, martin and Wood.

I have seen Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Metallica and The Smashing Pumpkins live. To the name the most notable. Medeski Martin and Wood was a bit better than Radiohead, who are the runners-up for the best live show I've seen.


Well, the best live performance I've ever seen was by Medeski, Martin and Wood. They basically jammed out for 2 45 min sets, and during the whole show, it was like the best song I had ever heard, for an hour and a half. They are amazing musicians, its a shame they don't appeal to a mass market, because they are far more talented than anyone I've seen on MTV in the last 10 years.

Go download some Medeski, Martin and Wood.


John Medeski (Keyboards, organ, Piano etc.)

Billy Martin (Drums) I play drums and this guy is one of the best.

Chris Wood (Bass and other instruments)


So creative, God they rule.




And for the answer to the topic question.

Have you guys listened to the Chili Peppers last album. It is BY FAR their worst. But I saw them about 1 month ago and they rocked the house. Music wasn't great, but way better than it was on CD.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
And for the answer to the topic question.

Have you guys listened to the Chili Peppers last album. It is BY FAR their worst.


Whoa Whoa Whoa. Lets not jump to any rash conclusions here. Now i know By The Way was basically a whole new type of music/cd for rhcp but i must say it is really really good. At first when i bought it i too was disappointed with it as i was expecting the cd to be similar to the title track instead of the softer, slower songs that were on there. But after listening to it all the way through i would say that it is very good. I would even say it is a mere step below Californication. As one review i read said they have gradually progressed and changed their sound alot from when they started and have evolved into one of the best bands around right now and i tend to agree with that. I think it kicked ***.
 
Ok, it is quite good, but nothing near their other stuff.


How old are you? Were you around for Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

I guarantee that you will like every song on that album. It's one of the best albums of all time IMO.


You do not have to have a particular taste in music. These songs appeal to everyone.
 
rock live but falter on cd...I'd definately say Snoop Dog.

Originally posted by millencolin
how about the opposite

bands that sound AWFUL live and good on CD

2 Quarters (50 cent) - but he's only decent
 
oh i got one thats awesome live

THE LIVING END

best live act in Australia
 
wait until you see National Pornographic, they are awesome! oh, and they are from Brisbane...but they are nothing like The Living End!
 
yeah, i dunno if you will like them, their genre is "Heavy Acid Funk Groove" so yeah...
 
King Yellowman! Do ya wan' it sexy or slack?
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Ok, it is quite good, but nothing near their other stuff.


How old are you? Were you around for Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

I guarantee that you will like every song on that album. It's one of the best albums of all time IMO.


You do not have to have a particular taste in music. These songs appeal to everyone.

I am 19, I have Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, and By The Way. I still think that By The Way is a GREAT cd. When I first bought it I listened to it for a month straight.
 
Back