Banked Curves Now Possible?

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 20 comments
United States
I Hate Stalkers
gogatrs
According to the write up for the newest update, you can adjust the camber of the track, is it now possible to make banked curves?

Thanks!

According to the write up for the newest update, you can adjust the camber of the track, is it now possible to make banked curves?

Thanks!
I tried this.
Don't expect Daytona.
Heck, don't expect much at all. I wonder if there is some "sweet spot" number to get the most bank, but 10 all around offers very little or no difference in corner banking. I tried varying degrees of banking all around on four different tracks at Eifel and only once did I get a corner with some slight banking. It did seem to flatten out the negative apex corners...so that is an improvement. But there just wasn't that much difference.

I would like to hear more from others on this.

Toscana and Mt.Aso's banking is really steep, near daytona levels, the same can besaid for the Gravel stage at rare times, and Normal Eifel with narrowest and very sharp corners.

Yeah Mt. aso is quite extreme with the camber, also its seems like the kind of corners generated are a bit different than before, I'm haveing a bit of trouble making highly technical tracks, things seem simplified/easier, but I want sharper corners. I've made like 50 tracks already so I'm pretty used to the track creator and Mt aso, something seems different after the update.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems to me, thus far, that we only see the banking on tight corners. I made a few ovals and set all the sectors to bank 10 and then went around without seeing any banking at all until one of the last corners which was a bit sharper than the rest, which had a very steep bank.

let me start by saying that having the ability to add banked corners to the course maker has improved it dramatically. before, when none of the corners had camber, the tracks just didn't feel "natural". Now though, you can create some really awesome tracks... If you just got the update, i recommend making a track at Eiffel to begin with, you can get some really cool banked uphill/downhill sections there.

It seems to me, thus far, that we only see the banking on tight corners. I made a few ovals and set all the sectors to bank 10 and then went around without seeing any banking at all until one of the last corners which was a bit sharper than the rest, which had a very steep bank.

This is my experience too. I tried making a Red Rock-style track using Eifel. Even at 10, the banking is pretty slight though the corners do seem to be slightly faster. It's nothing like Daytona or High Speed Ring. What it does seem to cause is four wheel drift mixed with understeer.

The banking doesn't even stop at the corners sometimes. I got one track with a fair bit of a straightway to it that is banked like Daytona atop Mt Aso.

Whatever you do, do not try to use the Eifel theme with maximum complexity, maxium camber and minimum road with on every sector and then test it with an 88CV. My head is pounding now, the width of the main straight was a real relief :D

The closeness of the walls make for a screen that feels squashed, and together with the cornering speeds its feels hilariously fast. I'm almost tempted to make a number of these, including with the Mt. Aso theme and start a room. Not too sure if it really lends itself to proper racing though :).

When I was making my latest set of race track evolutions I noticed that one of my corners when I cranked up the camber, didnt actually change the camber of the corner very much, rather it greatly effected the elevation difference.
Yes it did change the camber but not to the degree that it changed the elevation.
I think that it doesn't always change just the camber but the elevation of the landscape aswell.

I know what you mean mizxecio, I wish they added the ability to move or set the barriers for run off and width, currently the barriers hug the track and don't give any sand traps or infield/outfield run-off.

Yeah Mt. aso is quite extreme with the camber, also its seems like the kind of corners generated are a bit different than before, I'm haveing a bit of trouble making highly technical tracks, things seem simplified/easier, but I want sharper corners. I've made like 50 tracks already so I'm pretty used to the track creator and Mt aso, something seems different after the update.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, i can't seem to get decent combinations on that track now.

My fave track, Fluffy White Clouds (available for sharing), i haven't been able to replicate after the update. :(

I created a really nice track on Eifel Circuit, that has a nice downhill section, into a steeply banked corner, its about the degree of the Nurburgring hairpin bank, you can take my corner a lot faster than you'd expect.

Some corners can have a lot of camber whereas other corners - with the same camber value - can have almost nothing. Not sure why this happens as yet.

I wish they added the ability to move or set the barriers for run off and width, currently the barriers hug the track and don't give any sand traps or infield/outfield run-off.

^^^ This would be a great addition to the course maker. I imagine such variation in barriers / run-off areas would add a lot of uniqueness to circuits, and such a feature shoudn't be too hard to add.

I look forwards to seeing what future updates to the course maker bring. According to the game's credits, there are three PD staff working on the course maker.

Not sure how this is suppose to work. I saw the course design menu and it didn't change a bit. Am I doing something wrong and what do I need to do to access the feature? Yes I can go online.

I wish they would actually let us make a track rather than edit pre made ones. I have so many ideas for tracks it's not funny....I wanted to replicate Irwindale Speedways d1 drift track, and Tokyo Bays D1 drift track. Also wanted to do a simple street Drift track which would have been a 90 degree sweeping right turn that you would have to turn around and return all at nighttime!

Well I've got to say the Camber option make tracks much more interesting...rather more 'designed' than throw together. Make for some nice ovals and endurance courses.

This is my best camber, it makes the turn a lot quicker than it would've been
5492208697_9c7d21bdbe_b.jpg

I find puzzling that more pronounced bankings are possible with the Mt.Aso theme rather than with the proper "closed track" theme Eifel.

Latest Posts

Back