Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - XBOX Version

• Thread starter CFM
  • 63 comments
I agree with you. My ONLY, and I mean ONLY complaint is that we cant make our own rooms. Because of this we sometimes get separated onto different teams. Its not a big deal but it hopefully will be considered if they make BF:3.
Mabey we can get a bunch of people together again this friday. 👍

found out what PPH is ;)

PPH= Points Per Hour and you simply get kills and loads of bases to get it up!..of course if you are killed a lot etc it will go down.

it keeps people from ranking up and staying ranked up....

i played earlier today and finally figured out how to do air strikes on 2 maps, the 2nd time i did it i blew myself up lol 👍

i also played with mustanggirl for about an hour or so but we didnt talk because my headset wasnt on.

DRIFT GOD
i played earlier today and finally figured out how to do air strikes on 2 maps, the 2nd time i did it i blew myself up lol 👍

i also played with mustanggirl for about an hour or so but we didnt talk because my headset wasnt on.
I also learned something about the air strikes last night. When it sais "Air strike is available" you look on your map by pushing left or right on your D pad and it will show a different icon shaped like a chess piece. Or as some say its shaped like a penis. :lol: They used to tell me that all the time online and I was like WTF I dont see a penis looking icon. Little did I know you have to wait until it appears. or pops up. :sly:
Thats funny you blew yourself up. :lol:
I bet heather (mustanggirl) had a good time when you got a chance to play a few rounds with her. Shes as addicted to that game as much as I am. 👍

lol she will probobly never ride with me again, i was in a hummer and saw her running so i stopped and her and somebody else jumped on, i flew into the village and took a wrong turn and almost rolled it over, the other person said something like "your a idiot" and when i jumped out i got shot lol.

it will be beter when i get my new controller tomarow, i will probobly play alot this weekend, im up to master seargeant or something like that now.

DRIFT GOD
lol she will probobly never ride with me again, i was in a hummer and saw her running so i stopped and her and somebody else jumped on, i flew into the village and took a wrong turn and almost rolled it over, the other person said something like "your a idiot" and when i jumped out i got shot lol.

it will be beter when i get my new controller tomarow, i will probobly play alot this weekend, im up to master seargeant or something like that now.
lmfao!!! I bet she was laughing pretty hard. I laugh so much in this game especially when im driving and accidentially run over someone.
Last night I was in the helicopter as a passenger. The guy flying it said "ok im going to fly over flag 4 and you can drop out" So we get to flag 4, I drop out just as hes turning and I get killed by the rear propeller. Then my dead body flew all the way to the ground right next to the flag. :lol:
SHe hates when I drive. If I see a tank or something coming while im in a hummer I just jump out and shes still stuck in the hummer rolling towards the enemy. :lol: She hates that.

lol thats funny, i also played capture the flag wich was much faster with alot of killing going on.

im leaving to go to work, if i get home early enough i might get on.

Another really really fun night. It was even better tonight since we ended up in a room with up to 24 people sometimes.
I ended up with another medal. I dont remember the name of it but you get it when you kill 10 people in a row without dying. Heather also got a medal for healing 5 people without dying. I had somewhere between 48-53 points on our last game of the night.

I agree. I have never seen anyone kill so many people with a helicopter. That was the first time I ever saw that type of helicopter. It was soooo dang fast. Very hard to laser target. I did lock onto and kill him a couple times but it wasnt easy. Once he actually dodged my laser lock on. :scared:

Awesome! 👍
I might be on later tonight since its movie night.
Heather and I will be on saturday night for sure. If I dont have to install an entire stereo system for her brothers car then I will be on during the day tomorrow too. :)
We need to talk GVan into buying this game.

tonight is my only night to stay up late because im off tomarow, but i might be able to play sometime tomarow.

i told GVan he should try to rent it :)

DRIFT GOD
tonight is my only night to stay up late because im off tomarow, but i might be able to play sometime tomarow.

i told GVan he should try to rent it :)
I couldnt remember if you said you would be on tonight or tomorrow night. I will see you late tonight for sure around 10ish. Dont forget the beer. :cheers: :dopey:

Heather is doing way too good. She got 18 kills in a row with the sniper gun and only died once. Now she is a Chief Warrant Officer and has 4 medals.
The bad thing is that her rank is too high and I cant play ranked games with her any more until our rank is high enough.

CAMAROBOY69
Heather is doing way too good. She got 18 kills in a row with the sniper gun and only died once. Now she is a Chief Warrant Officer and has 4 medals.
The bad thing is that her rank is too high and I cant play ranked games with her any more until our rank is high enough.

I'm sure your PPH and points are high enough, just go for the 4 kills on a single clip with the assault rifle for a medal. I had a hard time with it but got it after a few hours. There's also 4 kills with the sniper on a single clip, that's rather easy. Besides, playing on the middle rank servers instead of the noob servers is a lot more challenging, since there are no noobs to slaughter. I haven't scored more than about 10 points in a game since I moved up.:indiff:

I've been trying to reply to this thread for a day or two but the new GTP version was not allowing me to post recently.:grumpy: Hope to catch you guys online, we should just get a clan going online for members here and make it simple for everyone.👍

i will be on around 10:00 am EST. today, i was invited to join a clan last night but i denied the invite because i didnt know anybody, i think it would be fun to start one.

CFM
I'm sure your PPH and points are high enough, just go for the 4 kills on a single clip with the assault rifle for a medal. I had a hard time with it but got it after a few hours. There's also 4 kills with the sniper on a single clip, that's rather easy. Besides, playing on the middle rank servers instead of the noob servers is a lot more challenging, since there are no noobs to slaughter. I haven't scored more than about 10 points in a game since I moved up.:indiff:

I've been trying to reply to this thread for a day or two but the new GTP version was not allowing me to post recently.:grumpy: Hope to catch you guys online, we should just get a clan going online for members here and make it simple for everyone.👍
I played with my girlfriend and Driftgod most of the weekend. We just played unranked games. "Competition off"

I see you went with the Xbox version. I bought it for my PS2, because I rebought it to play it the games I had left (my first PS2 died) and the online is free. Anyways, the game is great, has incredible graphics, even for PS2 and I love the online.

The singler player is terrible. Challenges are just stupid races and hotswapping, instead of full scale warfares, like the PC version.

The PC version doesn't so much have a single player game at all, it's a 16 man mini battle, whichever map you choose, that's all you can get from the single player in the PC version.

I took a break from the online play and decided to try out the single player. I played for several hours until I got to the level where you have to fly the helicopter thru the canyone without damaging it. I had enough of that level. I am just not good enough to shoot people and not smash the helicopter at the same time. I tried a couple times and shut it off. :lol:
I really enjoyed the single player but its no where near as fun as the online play.

Whats the difference between the Xbox version and the PS2 version? I feel like getting this game to give socom 3 a break. Also how realistic is this game? I heard it's more of an arcade type game? Hmm, didn't know it was also out for the 360 version, looks damn fun on the xbox 360 version though.

The Xbox version probably has slightly better graphics than the PS2 version. But if you have the 360, get BFII for it, EVERYTHING looks awesome.

ND4SPD
Whats the difference between the Xbox version and the PS2 version? I feel like getting this game to give socom 3 a break. Also how realistic is this game? I heard it's more of an arcade type game? Hmm, didn't know it was also out for the 360 version, looks damn fun on the xbox 360 version though.
Not sure how someone could think arcade at all. This game is far from arcade. Very reastic. If you like Socom 3 you will love Battlefield 2. Get it for the xbox or if you have a 360 get it for that. I played it for several hours online again this weekend. Make sure you play Conquest mode online. Sooo much fun!!

Back