Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox360) demo is available.

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
This seems to be the next game for the Battlefield series. Eb has the release date around 3/1/07 but I have heard it wont be out until the 3rd or 4th quarter of 07.
New game engine and almost everything is supposed to be destructible.
1. More Screenshots
2. Game information
1156183716.jpg

1158175742.jpg

Reminder that today is the day you can start playing this beta with the link I provided in the previous post.

Urgh I hate it when you have to join paysites like that to get into anything...

Dont worry, your not missing much..........

Well last night I was able to get into 2 games right away then for the next hour I could not get into a game and I just gave up.

First I want to say that I absolutely loved Battlefield Modern Combat for the xbox and the 360 and put many hours into it for both consoles.

My quick,first impressions from this Bad Company beta are not very good impressions. I really feel I might have set my expectations too high for this game because it doesnt feel anywhere near as smooth as BF Modern Combat. Something about this game feels very cartoonish. First you have to unload almost an entire clip into an enemy before they will die very similar to Halo 2, Halo 3 which is understandable in Halo 3 but not in a war game like this. The sprint feature really doesnt feel much faster than the regular run. The controls are very strange but anyone could adapt to them over time. Vehicle controls feel very clunky and slow. Sure its nice to be able to blow up buildings but its just not what I was expecting and I think they put too much time into the building explosions. I did like seeing the trees fall down after being shot and having the ability to shoot right through walls but its not enough to make the game enjoyable. Also didnt see any way to invite friends or join friends. Probably just because its a beta but it really should have been in the beta so it could be tested.

Lets face it what you see in most betas is very close to how the final version of the game will be besides some polish and minor adjustments (Halo 3 beta, COD4 beta). So from what I have seen so far in BF:BC I have not been impressed. Frontlines Fuel Of War seems to be a lot more balanced, well executed, has up to 50 players online, and is overall more fun with a lot more content. Overall it just feels like a watered down version of Frontlines Fuel Of War. I will try the beta again after a few days in hopes that maybe it will be more fun but at this point I wont be buying this game.

lol That's EA for ya, garbage in garbage out... Thanks for letting me know it's like Frontlines, I know to steer really clear now.

The demo is now out on both consoles.

I was a large fan of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, so I was expecting some of the same from the demo. It's definitely worse.

The games generally lag quite a bit, unless I was put into some unlucky games. The controls in the vehicles are cumbersome and slow, but the ground combat isn't too bad. It takes quite a lot to kill someone, unless it was the lag taking effect. I had a glitch happen to me as well that kept switching my knife with my rifle over and over which wouldn't stop until I died. :ouch:

Graphics were pretty good and were stable - definitely no complain about those. The explosions look good and everything else is basically a more detailed BF2. The sound needs tweaking though - I've not looked through the settings - all the gunshots are quiet and the voices loud.

But overall... I'll stick with BF2. Unless they fix these issues for the main game I think I'll pass. I'll check the PS3 version anyway to see if there is any differences.

Imo the game lacks the perfection of COD4 concerning gameplay, graphics and sound.

Yet I see a certain potential for this game, if they fix the lag problems. I played both SP and MP yesterday... well SP is ok, nothing spectacular so far but I guess worth playing nevertheless.
MP, yeah well... lags, absolutely useless team members ( yeah we totally need another sniper on the rooftop when our last gold target gets destroyed and no, please don't use one of our 2 empty tanks why our base gets raped, just run into enemy fire and die again ) and some, well let's call them imperfections concerning collision prevented massive fun. Also getting used to the helicopter might take some time, very questionable control scheme there if you ask me.

Conclusion :

I'll play the demo a little more, maybe with friends who have an idea of tactics and then I'll probably buy it - it's a nice addition to COD4, although I really don't see BF BC getting close to its class and perfection ...

Yeah, I agree Max_DC.

Battlefield 2 was the game that got me into multiplatyer shooters, so if they fix the issues mentioned then I will definitely play it. I've not tried the singleplayer, but it's never been very good, so no surprise there.

BF2 PC or BF2 360 ? I have both, but imo only the PC version really rocks... that game got me into multiplayer shooters... strike at karkand, sharqi peninsula, these names are music to my ears :D

360 version. My PC couldn't run BF2 properly so I stuck with the console version.

G.T
360 version. My PC couldn't run BF2 properly so I stuck with the console version.

Haha neither my PC. Was great nevertheless. Although playing on PC sucks, doesn't it. Because hardware is half the win. Best pc, best conditions. Oh well, not to forget that you could also go to the options menu and eliminate grass etc - no I don't miss it.

Well, see you on the battlefield then ;)

I tired it then later went over to my friend's house and he tried it. I think he said it best... "could've been worse". Will I buy it? Probably no.

The more you play the better it gets. Had two lag free games with a few team members who knew hat they were doing. It was fun. Man against man fight is nowhere close to COD4, but we have huge areas, tanks, humvees, helicopters and we can destory half the map. It's fun. Will I buy it ? 100 % YES.

BF2 is the greatest game ever - i thought this was gonna be great, but its really not :( - Conquest mode will not be in the game on release, it will come as a download a few months later! The whole weapon selection system and aiming is absolutely rediculous!

It is only a demo tho - i'll still buy the game!

While I instantly fell in love with BF modern combat I just cant get into Bad Company at all. I didnt like the beta and the demo is exactly the same. The single player seemed ok. I will rent it but this is not a game I will be buying.

I didn't like this at all. The fact that you can shoot a trucks tyre and it just leaves a bullet mark without deflating is just insane. Seems all the effort has gone into destructible scenery. I had to pump about 10 bullets into one guy to kill him. I much Prefer COD4 although I will give BF: BC a go online tonight.

I didn't like this at all. The fact that you can shoot a trucks tyre and it just leaves a bullet mark without deflating is just insane. Seems all the effort has gone into destructible scenery. I had to pump about 10 bullets into one guy to kill him. I much Prefer COD4 although I will give BF: BC a go online tonight.
Thats the problem I have with the game too. They put too much time into the destructible envirnment and not enough time into the rest of the game. I hate having to unload an entire clip into a guy and hes still running. Since the demo is the same as the beta I have a feeling its going to get really bad reviews when the final version comes out. The majority of the community just does not seem to like this game from what I have seen visiting all the forums on multiple sites. In many ways Frontlines fuel of war is a lot better.

I think EAs attempts to play the shell game with everyone who buys it may have angered a lot of people on top of the gameplay problems the series has always had.

Ok i am going to retract my previous post! The more i play this game the better it becomes! sure it has its flaws but its really incredible!

Cant wait till official release!

I thought this game was going to be allot better than it was. After watching clips about it and all that i was thinking ah man this is going to be great, i get to mow down trees and blow the sides of a building off to reveal snipers...yes! Wasn't that excited after i gave multi player a go yesterday. I wasn't put off by the cartoonish looks or anything since the game was sort of made to look like that and all. I didnt have problems with lag though. I was getting pissed because i would join the map and then seconds after i spawned bam, im dead. And the part that pissed me off wasn't getting knocked off, it was getting it and not having a clue of how i died. Spawn, walk a second and bam i got killed by 420extacee with a helicopter. Everytime i would spawn it was like there were constant heli's that knew i was about to and would shoot me seconds after i came in, very annoying since it happened for the 20 minutes i played it. Did i just get thrown in to a sorry team that had no heli's and such or what?

I think the demo was ok, but the controls felt awkward to me. And my team seemed to be nearly useless at helping me because I'd always end up by myself in the front. Plus, the story seems rather cheesey, like it's trying to be something to grab your attention like COD4's did to mine. Everyone else though, has already addressed the bigger problems.

The game isn't too bad, but I might have to see what it's like on the PC (if there is a version) before making final thoughts.

Back