Battlefield: Hardline

After a few weeks of playing this is a very enjoyable game, it does lack something compared to my other favourite shooters but a good game nonetheless.

But there is something that really really annoys me, it's probably a bit late to be complaining about this as it's been the way for Battlefield game for many years, but god damn the spawn system is horrendous. I've had so many problems with it it's unreal.
TDM is the worst, you have no choice over where you are spawned and are sometimes placed right infront of enemies and shot instantly. One time I spawned directly onto an enemy laser trip mine and blew up straight away.
And then in the other game modes you can only spawn on squad mates, objectives (if your team owns any) and your spawn site. So again if I chose to spawn on a squad mate who is seemingly away from the action a split second later he could get shot, me along with him and it's insta-death.
It works the other way around, I was following an enemy and whilst in the process of killing him two of his team spawned on him and killed me.

It goes on and on and on. It winds me up sooooo much that a good enjoyable game drives me to insanity because of one flaw.

After a few weeks of playing this is a very enjoyable game, it does lack something compared to my other favourite shooters but a good game nonetheless.

But there is something that really really annoys me, it's probably a bit late to be complaining about this as it's been the way for Battlefield game for many years, but god damn the spawn system is horrendous. I've had so many problems with it it's unreal.
TDM is the worst, you have no choice over where you are spawned and are sometimes placed right infront of enemies and shot instantly. One time I spawned directly onto an enemy laser trip mine and blew up straight away.
Really? It spawn's you as if you're playing an FFA type game? Thats horrible. There should atleast be two out of bounds area for each team, to atleast give you an alternate spawn point if you end up getting spawn trapped. I haven't played TDM at all yet so I wouldnt know. As for the trip mine, I think that was just someone taking advantage of the game and memorizing spawn points.

And then in the other game modes you can only spawn on squad mates, objectives (if your team owns any) and your spawn site. So again if I chose to spawn on a squad mate who is seemingly away from the action a split second later he could get shot, me along with him and it's insta-death.
It works the other way around, I was following an enemy and whilst in the process of killing him two of his team spawned on him and killed me.

It goes on and on and on. It winds me up sooooo much that a good enjoyable game drives me to insanity because of one flaw.
I dont really mind the spawn on objective modes really. The way I see it is if you want to jump into the action instantly, and spawn on a team mate, then you run the risk of him being near enemies. If you want to play it safe, spawn at base, or on one of the objectives.

So what's your top 5 weapons so far? This is how mine is;

17290466452_060fa099ca_c.jpg

I'm absolutely loving DMR's on BFH. I hated them on BF4, but never tried them after the patch that came out that gave them a buff. The PTR-91 might be the first weapon I get a License for, and I dont even like it as much as the SR-25 :lol:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/view/2955064791163727380/

Patch is apparently live.

PC NOTES
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for PC.

Battlepacks
- Bronze packs – changes made to the last slot drop to improve the chances of collectibles and vouchers rather than boosts.
- Silver packs - made the first 3 slots like a Bronze pack, and removed any chances of getting standard drops and increased the chances of collectibles for the last slot.
- Gold packs - made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of getting superior or distinguished items.
- Shortcut Battlepacks added.
- Added the Prima Guide's Gold Battlepack.

Battlepickups
- Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage.

Crash Fixes
- Fixed a crash related to some specific Nvidia based video cards.
- Fixed some low reproduction crashes related to video card drivers.
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer based on data from BugSentry (internal crash tracking tool for live servers).

Gameplay
- Bullet impacts near the player no longer cause camera shake in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue in the Hollywood Heights map that allowed players to grab cash through a roof in the Blood Money game mode.
- Optimized game engine to increase graphics performance while punkbuster is running.

Modes
- Fixed an issue where the Hotwire game mode was showing as available for the Hollywood Heights MP map.
- Adjusted Team Death Match spawns so player is closer to friendlies and further from enemies.
- Adjusted tickets to 600 for Conquest Small and 999 for Conquest Large.
- Added Conquest Large to the Growhouse map.
- Fixed an issue were some game modes didn't have the correct amount of tickets.

Servers
- Fixed an issue with server customization settings for certain game modes.
- Added ability to clear and save a maplist when using the remote console server controls.
- Increased the size of the text character limit for the MP map lists.

Shortcut Kits
- Added licenses for all items granted in the DLC shortcuts.

UI
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass the timer at the beginning of the round during Rescue and Crosshair.
-Fixed an issue with the Chinese language EULA referring to another game title.

Vehicles
- Reduced the health of the couch and reduced the rate at which it can be repaired.
- Adjusted the criminal and law enforcement variants of the sedan so that they now take the same damage per bullet from weapons.

Weapon Tuning
- K10 - reduced start damage to 33 and end damage to 8
- Saiga, PTR 91, HCAR, and HK51 - reduced the amount of vertical recoil
- RO993 - increased the rate of fire to 850
- Jury 410 - increased the amount of damage per pellet to 20
- FMG9 - increased max damage to 25
- Battle Rifle ammo - increased min damage to 25
- AKM - bullet min damage decreased to 24

Misc
- Fixed dev only bugs related to command line arguments used for testing.

Let us know how you like the changes and fixes by sounding off here in the Battlefield Hardline forums!

XBOX ONE NOTES
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for Xbox One.

Battlepacks
- Bronze packs – changes made to the last slot drop to improve the chances of collectibles and vouchers rather than boosts.
- Silver packs - made the first 3 slots like a Bronze pack, and removed any chances of getting standard drops and increased the chances of collectibles for the last slot.
- Gold packs - made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of getting superior or distinguished items.

Battlepickups
- Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage.

Crash Fixes
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the customization screen.

Gameplay
- Fixed an issue in the Hollywood Heights map that allowed players to grab cash through a roof in the Blood Money game mode.

Modes
- Fixed an issue where the Hotwire game mode was showing as available for the Hollywood Heights MP map.
- Adjusted Team Death Match spawns so player is closer to friendlies and further from enemies.

Servers
- Enable automatic muting of bad reputation users when they joining games with good reputation users.
- Rent-a-Server functionality added

Shortcuts

Singleplayer
- Fixed an issue where players who finished Episode 1 in the single player trial needing to replay the level when continuing to play after upgrading to the full game.

Squads
- Fixed an issue were a squad leader gets disconnected and the new leader cannot kick members of the squad or disband the squad.

UI
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass the timer at the beginning of the round during Rescue and Crosshair.
- Fixed issues where invites/joins were not functioning correctly if joining user performs invite/join after leaving a quick match game.

Vehicles
- Reduced the health of the couch and reduced the rate at which it can be repaired.
- Adjusted the criminal and law enforcement variants of the sedan so that they now take the same damage per bullet from weapons.

Weapon Tuning

Let us know how you like the changes and fixes by sounding off here in the Battlefield Hardline forums!

PS4 NOTES
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for PlayStation 4.

Battlepacks
- Gold packs - made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of - getting superior or distinguished items.

Battlepickups

Crash Fixes
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer based on data from BugSentry (internal crash tracking tool for live servers).

Gameplay

Modes

Servers
- Rent-a-Server functionality added.

Shortcuts

Squads
- Fixed an issue were a squad leader gets disconnected and the new leader cannot kick members of the squad or disband the squad.

UI

Vehicles

Weapon Tuning

XBOX 360 NOTES
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for Xbox 360.

Battlepacks
- Shortcut Battlepacks added

Battlepickups
-Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage.

Crash Fixes

Gameplay

Maps
- Fixed an issue with player dying immediately after spawning in the multiplayer "East Side" map.

Modes
- Fixed an issue with inviting friends during the Rescue game mode.
- Fixed an issue with players getting kicked for being idle too long when joing a Crosshair or Rescue game mode.

Servers
- Rent-a-Server functionality added

Shortcuts

UI
- Fixed an issue with the console becoming unresponsive after accepting an invite.

Vehicles

Weapon Tuning
- Corrected the weapon license price for the Uzi
- Fixed an issue with the IRNV/FLIR optics not highlighting enemies in certain cases.

[/spoiler[

PS3 NOTES
The following features and fixes are included in Patch 1.02 release for PlayStation 3.

Battlepacks

Battlepickups

Crash Fixes
- Fixed a crash related to opening the final door in the single player level "The Turn".
- Fixed a crash in the single player campaign related to running out of memory.

Gameplay

Modes

Servers
- Rent-a-Server functionality added.

Shortcuts

UI

Vehicles

Weapon Tuning

I haven't read through them all to know if there's any actual difference between notes for platforms.

Last edited:
Played last night, and immediately felt the effects of the patch concerning the PTR-91. Its my most used weapon by a long shot, and the recoil is much more on par with the Socom and SR-25 now.

Every single server for every single game mode is still showing 0/32 (even with different game modes, its showing 0 players on it.) Is anyone else having that problem?

Haven't been on since patch. I am looking forward to the BR buff, I already thought they were 'OP' so now I will just continue to enforce with my Enforcer!

I am curious to try out the Professional class, have you, @ImaRobot, used the Battle Rifles much? I have never been much of a Sniper but after investing time with the BR and getting used to the single shot approach, I may enjoy the class now?

Haven't been on since patch. I am looking forward to the BR buff, I already thought they were 'OP' so now I will just continue to enforce with my Enforcer!

I am curious to try out the Professional class, have you, @ImaRobot, used the Battle Rifles much? I have never been much of a Sniper but after investing time with the BR and getting used to the single shot approach, I may enjoy the class now?
I've tried the battle rifles but never invested much time to unlock anything with them really, so I've only tried it in stock form. I immediately started them at Single Shot because that recoil was just to crazy, and even then it was still a bit jumpy with consecutive shots(keep in mind, it was stock. Although the SA-58 felt much smoother). The semi-auto snipers function the same but are way more precise. The recoil on them is much more manageable and follow up shots are not thrown off much, really. I think if you like the BR's, then the DMR's would work just as good, if not, better with you.

Although, in stock form they weren't to appealing to me, but with upgrades they really shine.

This is how mine are set up;

17124413608_1303ac37dd_b.jpg

17310354142_66a01afdb5_b.jpg

I really Recommend the Infrared Scopes. Really makes it easy to spot enemies, especially if there is something like a bush in the way. Makes it easy to follow their movements.

Alright, I will see what they have to offer later today.

The recoil on auto is nasty but I only use that fire rate when in tight areas, buildings etc. The Stealth gadget looks like it would come in handy when hunting campers too!

*PS- You are broke as a joke, :D

Alright, I will see what they have to offer later today.

The recoil on auto is nasty but I only use that fire rate when in tight areas, buildings etc. The Stealth gadget looks like it would come in handy when hunting campers too!

*PS- You are broke as a joke, :D
I had somewhere around 600,000 that was just stacking and stacking and stacking. I had nothing to spend it on so I went and bought a crapload of gold battlepacks. Still, its insanely easy to rack up cash while being a hacker. So its not a problem :P

Stealth doesnt really come in handy in the bigger game modes, compared to Rescue and Crosshair, but it still helps. I use a Turtlebeach head set, so being able to hear footsteps(while mine being muted) that are around me definitely helps.

If you're going to use a suppressor,I would say dont try to use the DMR's as a conventional sniper rifle or you'll end up frustrated and outgunned by the bolt action's most of the time. I try to avoid taking shots over 100 meters as the damage drop off makes it pretty useless. Also, Your pistol is your best friend. I actually have it out more then my primary.

Last edited:
You know what the most disappointing thing about this game is?

Out of all the Judas Priests songs they could have put in the soundtrack, they didn't chose Breaking The Law. That would've been very fitting. :lol:

How good is the single player mode? Might buy it when I get my PS4. :)
I found it to be pretty good. It offered some 'different' approaches to the usual single player BF games but then again you are a playing a cop this time. I didnt enjoy it as much as the Bad Company campaigns but Hard line did keep my attention.

Guys should I get BF4 and Premium, or should I get Hardline?

BF4 is 50% off right now $14.99 so I'm wondering if it's too late to hop on BF4 or skip it and move on to Hardline.

Guys should I get BF4 and Premium, or should I get Hardline?

BF4 is 50% off right now $14.99 so I'm wondering if it's too late to hop on BF4 or skip it and move on to Hardline.

Get BF4!! Do not skip bf4 to get hardline. Hardline is utter garbage compared to bf4, I own both by the way.

Just ended the game - great story, fun gameplay.. enjoyed the DS easter egg!

I'm hoping there's going to be a sequel sometime this year or next - the story has loose ends, and with good reason I'm sure!

Intense combat, which is no surprise at all, being a Visceral game. Excellent sound design. I did notice serious color banding in some scenes, particularly the darker ones.. the skyline or walls, for example. Oh well!

Back