Battlefield V ( November 20,2018 )

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 277 comments
I got this game awhile back when it was first on sale for 1/2 price but didn't really play it. I started playing it again and it is a lot of fun.
There are some issues but there is a lot of new content and updates on the way.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/about/tides-of-war/chapter-4-defying-the-odds

Chapter 4: Defying the Odds

Trailer

Roadmap
bfv-chapter4overview.jpg

This next tides of war chapter looks awesome. I've had this since launch and in the last few weeks I've started playing less and less, but with the new map Mercury coming out, and all this awesome new content coming, I'm hyped. Hoping to get another 300 hours in it lol.

Anybody playing? I got back into it after the Pacific Content dropped and loved it. Up until a few days ago when they released 5.2 and butchered the gunplay and spotting mechanics.

I also did this. Atleast a 10 man before it faded to the end screen.

Last edited:
Yea, uninstalled after playing 5.2 update. Sealed the deal on being my last BF, been playing Hell Let Loose more.

Last edited:
I played a few games yesterday. My positioning has not always been the best and I often put myself in a bad spot to try and flank. With the changes to the damage model, my bad positioning mattered much less. I did a bunch more killing than I normally would have because people could not land enough shots to kill before I could crouch or prone into cover and heal quickly while playing as a medic. I also played a bit of Recon with the Krag and scored a number of kills that I likely would not have prior to 5.2.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the spotting. It also gained me some kills I would not have otherwise.

I played a few games yesterday. My positioning has not always been the best and I often put myself in a bad spot to try and flank. With the changes to the damage model, my bad positioning mattered much less. I did a bunch more killing than I normally would have because people could not land enough shots to kill before I could crouch or prone into cover and heal quickly while playing as a medic. I also played a bit of Recon with the Krag and scored a number of kills that I likely would not have prior to 5.2.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the spotting. It also gained me some kills I would not have otherwise.

Im not totally averse to the slightly elongated TTK. I havent suffered any difference in my performance and effectiveness its just the complete shoddyness of the patch that is the biggest disappointment. I like using all weapons and very rarely stay with a particular one for a long time.

They didnt achieve the main goal they set out to do which was balance the weapons so they are all equally as viable and reduce the gravitation of the community to the usual "meta" weapons. They failed. STG is by far the best for Assault, Type 100 for medic, Broken MG42 for support and snipers are technically more effective because they didnt get touched at all. The backtrack on spotting is a shocking kick in the teeth for players. Since BFV has come out the community has enjoyed that the lesser spotting overall improved gameplay and available tactics and flanks that you just couldnt do before when everyone was shooting doritos instead of enemy soldiers. The addition of spotting, Especcialy such an automatic and passive type such is this is so bad for the game.

The most odd and worrying part about the whole thing was that David Sirland said even before 5.2 dropped that they werent happy with it and internally had a much better build.

Back