Battles at 10,000rpm! AKA: Thread for N/A machines only!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eunos_Cosmo
  • 34 comments
  • 7,338 views
If only PD would give us the Ferrari 412T2. :drool:
If that sound doesn't make you all tingly inside you are devoid of a soul!
 
I love turbo charging and "proper" forced induction, But man do i love the instant power from good old fashion tuning, I tuned a Civic type R (EK) on GT5 with N/A and that thing is a blast to drive, especially when you hit 6000 rpm and the Vtec kicks in(Sports racing exhaust) A blast to through around tsukuba, might not be 10000rpm but it gets semi there.
 
With the ability to run customized transmissions, I don't find running N/A gives you the same advantage it might IRL. I usually race at the 450pp level on tracks less than 3mi in length. These courses allow you to set your transmission as low as 130mph (Autumn Ring) so you rarely dip below 5,500 rpm in a turbo charged car so there is virtually no lag. Most N/A cars I have seem to drop in power during the last 500rpm so running past redline to squeeze power out doesn't really help you either.

So my conclusion is that it is best to run a close ratio gear box with a high rpm turbo to achieve the most speed.

But with that said, I still enjoy N/A cars. I ran my RX-8 last night which has almost no mods at all. It was a little heavy compared to the Elises in the room but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Click below for a video of my RX-8 screaming past other cars at Grand Valley East (all tuned for 450pp).
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194770
 
Which of the 97 mazdas in the game are high RPM and N/A?

I know the Prem RX-8 Type S '07 is but what others?
 
I love my na tuning i have a civic that revs up to 9900 rpm (reall life car) but my boy has a supra and god that thng sounds amazing..
 
Back