BBJ Sim Racing - T3PA-Pro - Improved Conical Brake Mods

• Thread starter Spitfire77
  • 53 comments
After using the yellow for a while I have to believe the blue would have been perfect for me on the PS4. Just a touch lighter than yellow and apparently offers a slight bit more travel.

I bought a yellow. Almost no travel for me - I could barely depress the pedal - and I actually had to seat the bracket 'back which holds it behind the pedal, meaning it was only secured by two of the four small screws.

Went back to the original one I have installed - which I actually bought from someone from Canada - it's not the original conical mod rubber cone.

I’m on my second one of these, the first one burst after a week of use
4E5DCDEC-3BB7-417E-A1B2-DCBBD3F2CFB0.jpeg

I wrote to them and they sent me
a new one. The problem with this mod is that it removes the hard stop and it’s easy to push too hard and crush it. I decided to drill a small hole in the mounting plate and put a bolt through. This now acts as a hard stop that can be adjusted.
16D4D3B1-3528-44C2-BE68-09B9D869095E.jpeg

I can feel when the brake is at the bottom and calliration is more consistent. I used some of the spare nuts and a bolt from the hardware pack that came with the pedals. I would recommend doing this if you have this mod.

How exactly brake calibration works on GT Sport for t3pa pro?
When you plug in the wheel, you press it 100%, or you press it lets say 70% and then that 70% will be full brake ingame?

As far as I know, once the wheel has calibrated it’s self when you load the game you should push the pedals to their extremes. If you have a shorted throw that then becomes the maximum. This is the same for all games and sims when using with a console. I’m not sure about PC but I imagine it’s the same.

As far as I know, once the wheel has calibrated it’s self when you load the game you should push the pedals to their extremes. If you have a shorted throw that then becomes the maximum. This is the same for all games and sims when using with a console. I’m not sure about PC but I imagine it’s the same.
Yes, I push it to comfortable 70% and thats the full brake later in the game. Problem is that sometimes in race I press it more than 70% and it recalibrates automatically, so your solution with the screw is ideal. But I won´t mess with it.
All of this is for GT Sport only, and if you play GT Sport I will re-repost the following picture that will maybe help you even more.
(I have it installed on the 6th hole now and 100% satisfied, instead of 3rd hole that was waay too hard to press and I would probably brake down the rubber thing eventually)
yellow mod console position.jpg

Last edited:
22018A2C-0CC0-4064-8443-9CD484B72CD3.jpeg
Update: my yellow conical brake mod has now split :( . Lasted just over 6 months. I ordered the red/hard one this time which I have just installed, it’s a bit too stiff now. The free run of the pedal, before it hits the mod, is quite jarring. I’m not sure I like it. I think in might need to look into other solutions.

It is a bummer these things are breaking. Seems to be the yellow one for the most part. Anyone had the softer one break yet?

Mine has not seen much use the past 6 months but I was using it a lot for about 4 months strait when I got it a year ago.

It is a bummer these things are breaking. Seems to be the yellow one for the most part. Anyone had the softer one break yet?

Mine has not seen much use the past 6 months but I was using it a lot for about 4 months strait when I got it a year ago.
The red mod is far too hard, it’s not easy to slam the brakes on in a hurry. The yellow was ok while it lasted, I kind of wish I had gone for the blue one now.

I’m using one of these for now
4350CEAC-8DB5-4459-988C-C991FCF038E4.jpeg

On the left, show with the hard red mod I bought, which was too hard for me.
It’s a vibration isolator I got from eBay for £2.14
8B788B15-C2EC-434B-A920-81E84AA1C6BA.png

It’s pretty good, not quite as progressive as the yellow mod but as it’s made from rubber I think might last longer. The bolt is the wrong size but a nut and washer sorted that out. It’s a good cheap alternative.

I’ve had 2 of the green ones fail in the past few months. Sucks cause I really like the feel of this mod till it shreds apart.

I bought one of these from his ebay store and installed as per directions. Within just about 3 weeks the cone split apart from normal use. I asked for a replacement and he said he would send one but did not provide tracking info. 3 months, and several messages later no replacement, and he has stopped responding to my messages. This was a total loss for me. I don't recommended you buy his products.

I bought one of these from his ebay store and installed as per directions. Within just about 3 weeks the cone split apart from normal use. I asked for a replacement and he said he would send one but did not provide tracking info. 3 months, and several messages later no replacement, and he has stopped responding to my messages. This was a total loss for me. I don't recommended you buy his products.

I bought one last year it lasted about 6 months, the yellow one, it was OK but was difficult to calibrate on gt sport, it eventually split and as I say I've reverted to a foam ball, it's OK for now.

@Raceourse42 @JadepantherX
Just get a cheap rubber isolator cone like I did, it’s so much better and adding a hard stop has really made calibration easy and consistent
47FC69DB-CC73-481F-99BA-F85A5579DCC8.jpeg

needs a bit of a clean :lol: it’s a bit dusty
This cheap £2.14 rubber cone has lasted nearly two years so I don’t mind buying another if it breaks. It has a nice progressive feel to it, much better than the JJB mod.

Last edited:
I experimented with a couple of different conical brake mods but in the end preferred the one Thrustmaster provided.

I have however since shifted to a load cell mod for my T3PA pedals. It has very little travel but you soon get used to the muscle memory needed to get consistent braking. I have been using mine now for about 2 weeks and it's superb. I went for the 20kg version.

https://www.loadcellmod.com

It was originally only available for T3PA but they have just introduced the T3PA-Pro version.

Last edited:
I experimented with a couple of different conical brake mods but in the end preferred the one Thrustmaster provided.

I have however since shifted to a load cell mod for my T3PA pedals. It has very little travel but you soon get used to the muscle memory needed to get consistent braking. I have been using mine now for about 2 weeks and it's superb. I went for the 20kg version.

https://www.loadcellmod.com

It was originally only available for T3PA but they have just introduced the T3PA-Pro version.

Back