Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
UK
LJG29
-BDC Drift Competition-

News
-New regulations
-ROUNDS 1-4 Have been created. Tracks and date are still un-announced until closer the time. (To stop people practicing these sections)
-Applications are still open for Semi Pro and reserve classes.
-Judges so far are LJG29 and Dilly_Bar.
-We have room for 2 more judges if anybody wants to. (Judging experience is required)
-3 open seats left.

Information
The BDC (British Drift Championship) is open to people from around the world and all that is required to apply is that you can speak English and that you show up for the events unless you have a reason. Also you must be able to drift :). The championship consists of 5 rounds and includes 3 classes, Super Pro, Pro, and Semi Pro. Each is a separate championship and contains 8 drivers battling it out to be on the top step and be crowned BDC champion of their class. The dates and track sections are TBA as we are waiting for more people to fill the slots but most of the events will be run on weekends so we can fit them all in. There are 24 drivers in total and a special prize will be awarded to the champion of each of the classes. If you own all the cars in GT5 however it won’t be so much of a surprise.

Rules
-Comfort hard only.
-Must speak English.
-Must be respectful to other drivers/judges. Arguing/offending will result in a 50pt penalty and possibly a ban from 1 or more events.
-Judges are like admins, their decision IS FINAL.
-No speaking/typing in chat during qualifying runs and tandem runs. Only judges are allowed to speak at this point. You may talk during Practice runs.
-NO ramming.
-NO overtaking unless lead driver makes a mistake.

Regulations
-500bhp Cap
-Comfort hard only.
-NO rear wings(apart from svt cobra stock rear wing)
-FR, MR, RR only.
-Banned cars—
Race cars, RM and TC
RX7 Spirit R Type A
Mercedes SLS,SLR,SL55
Ford GT
Dodge Viper (all models)
Corvette (all models)
Ferrari (all models)
Jaguar XK,XKR Coupe
All FF and 4WD

Rounds

Round 1- Tsukuba Circuit
Date - SUPER PRO CLASS- 14/7/12
PRO CLASS- 15/7/12
SEMI PRO CLASS- TBA
Time - GMT +0 TIMES
Super Pro Class- 2:00PM Everybody in the Lobby
2:05PM-2:25PM Practice
2:30PM-Approx 2:50PM Qualifying
3:00PM- Tandems Begin

Pro- 3:00 Everybody in the Lobby
3:05PM-3:25PM Practice
3:30PM-Approx 3:50PM Qualifying
4:00PM- Tandems Begin

Semi Pro-Not decided as not enough drivers have applied yet, To fill gaps Semi Pro drivers will be moved to Pro class if needed.
round1l.png

Results-

Super Pro-

1st- LERK84 -- 110pts
2nd- x_XNyordiaX_x -- 90pts

Pro-

1st- eddyac -- 110pts
2nd- iDesTroY_v1 -- 86pts
3rd- Star_Drift_VIP -- 65pts
4th- Hamooda-X -- 58pts
5th- JSD_DUDDY -- 44pts

Round 2- Suzuka
Date- Super Pro 27/7/12 4:00pm GMT +0
Pro 28/7/12 7:30pm GMT +0
Everybody is required to be in the lobby during the 30 minutes of qualifying
10823227.jpg

Result-
Super Pro-
1st- K1ngKlick- 108pts
2nd- LERK84- 86pts
3rd- OnoMaToPeja_ - 70pts
4th- xKiller_Dx -55pts

Pro-

Round 3- Track TBA
Date TBA

Round 4- Track TBA
Date TBA

Round 5- Track TBA
Date TBA

Point Scheme is as follows-

Qualifying Tandem Runs
1st-10pts 1st-100pts
2nd-8pts 2nd-80pts
3rd-6pts 3rd-60pts
4th-5pts 4th-50pts
5th-4pts 5th-40pts
6th-3pts 6th-30pts
7th-2pts 7th-20pts
8th-1pt 8th-10pts

How the judging will work.
The Judges will be looking for this criteria during judging-
1.Line- How tidy the drivers line is and how close it is compared to the ideal line.
2.Angle-The amout of angle the driver can get without spinning or having a massive loss of speed.
3.Speed-The speed the driver has entering/during a drift without going off line/track.
4.Overall Impression-The judges overall impression on the run.

During qualifying, judges will mark each drivers run out of 10. To gain a maximum score the player must complete the criteria.
During tandem runs, judges will each select a driver they feel had a better run than the other driver.This driver will then move to the next round.

If anyone feels they had been judged unfairly, please don't hesitate to tell me (LJG29) and we will work something out.

The 3 classes

Super Pro- The most advanced drifters of the three classes. Open to drifters with a lot of experience and a high skill level.

Pro- Open to advanced/medium skilled drifters with a lot are little experience.

Semi Pro- The class suitable for newbie’s or people who feel they would prefer to be here.

*NOTE* A practice session is held where you are put in the class we feel you suit the most. There maybe a situation where a advanced drifter is in the Semi Pro class. Every other drifter in that class will have a advantage as the maximum score the advanced drifter will be allowed in tandem runs is 90 pts.

Competitors so far.

Super Pro-

PSN ID- monsterGAUZ
Drifting Since- Since 2005 on GT4, since December 2010 on GT5
Wheel/DS3- Wheel G25
Car- MK4 Supra

PSN ID-LERK84
Drifting Since-Game release
Wheel/DS3-G27
Car-Supra 2.5gt Twin Turbo

PSN ID- Leondrift
Drifting Since- ‘GT5 Prologue’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- RX7 ‘1990

PSN ID- K1ngKlick
Drifting Since-'About 15 months'
Wheel/DS3-DS3
Car-JZX100 (Chaser)

PSN ID- OnoMaToPeja_
Drifting Since- 2007.
Wheel/DS3- G-TwentySeven
Car-M5 CSL

PSN ID- x_XNyordiaX_x
Drifting Since- Start of GT5
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- M3 '07

PSN: maveric-25
Drifting since: The game came out
DS3/Wheel: DS3
Car: BMW Z4 '03

PSN ID- Knight_Spirit
Drifting Since- Release
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- Nissan 370Z

Pro-

PSN ID- Star_Drift_VIP
Drifting Since- ‘Around the time GT5 was released’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- 270r '94

PSN ID-FRAG-ME-CG
Drifting Since-Dec 2010
Wheel/DS3- DFGT (wheel)
Car-180sx

PSN ID- dandan24
Drifting Since- ‘Since the game came out’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- 350z

PSN ID- Star_Drift_DK
Drifting Since-...
Wheel/DS3-DS3
Car-Mustang '07 Premium

PSN ID-JSD-DUDDY
Drifting Since-GT4
Wheel/DS3-DFGT
Car-370

PSN: iDesTroY_v1
Drifting Since GT4
Wheel/Controller: DS3
Car: Nissan 350z atm.

Semi Pro-

PSN ID-MrSwaggAttack
Drifting Since- GT4
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

PSN: devintheninja
Drifting since: on and off since the release
Car: nissan 370z

PSN ID- SAI-66
Drifting Since- LFS S1A in 2003 with Logitech Wingman, LFS S2 in 2006 with Logitech G25, GT5 in 2010 with Logitech G25 with Nardi 350mm on Obutto Cockpit
Wheel/DS3- Wheel
Car- JZA80 Supra

Open to late applications...

Reserves-

PSN ID-xKiller_Dx
Drifting Since-NFS Underground 2 (lolz)
Wheel/DS3-DS3
Car- TVR Tamora

PSN ID- Hamooda-X
Drifting Since- October 2011
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07

PSN ID: MSTER232
Drifting Since: Gran Turismo 3 in 2000
Wheel/DS3: DFGT
Car: Toyota Supra

PSN ID: MLD_DriftWorks
Drifting Since: the game release
DS3 or Wheel: G27
Car:FairladyZ(Z33)

Some drivers are not in classes yet.
Drivers that do not add me and/or join a session to be told which class they are in will be put in a class automatically to fill gaps if any.

Interested in applying? Contact LJG29 and fill in one of these forms below. I will then drift with you to see which class you fit under.

PSN ID-
Drifting Since-
Wheel/DS3-
Car-

*NOTE* The maximum number of people is 24 (8 per class). Some will be reserves in case of somebody missing the session. Others who apply late or mess around will be rejected.

We use GMT times.

Last edited:
-BDC Drift Comp Hosted By Team-SKIDMARX-

News
-Applications are still open for all classes.
-Judges so far are LJG29 and Dilly_Bar.
-We have room for 2 more judges if anybody wants to. (Judging experience is required)
-21 open seats left.

Information
The BDC (British Drift Championship) is open to people from around the world and all that is required to apply is that you can speak English and that you show up for the events unless you have a reason. Also you must be able to drift :). The championship consists of 3 rounds and includes 3 classes, Super Pro, Pro, and Semi Pro. Each is a separate championship and contains 8 drivers battling it out to be on the top step and be crowned BDC champion of their class. The dates and track sections are TBA as we are waiting for more people to fill the slots but most of the events will be run on weekends so we can fit them all in. There are 24 drivers in total and a special prize will be awarded to the champion of each of the classes. If you own all the cars in GT5 however it won’t be so much of a surprise.

Rules
-Comfort hard/medium only.
-Must speak English.
-Must be respectful to other drivers/judges. Arguing/offending will result in a 50pt penalty and possibly a ban from 1 or more events.
-Judges are like admins, their decision IS FINAL.
-No speaking/typing in chat during qualifying runs and tandem runs. Only judges are allowed to speak at this point. You may talk during Practice runs.

Regulations
-Comfort hard/medium only.
-FR, MR, RR only.
-Banned cars—
Race cars, RM and TC
RX7 Spirit R Type A
Mercedes SLS,SLR,SL55
Ford GT
Dodge Viper (all models)
Corvette (all models)
Ferrari (all models)
Jaguar XK,XKR Coupe
All FR and 4WD

Rounds

Round 1- Track TBA
Date TBA
Round 2- Track TBA
Date TBA

Round 3- Track TBA
Date TBA

Round 4- Track TBA
Date TBA

Round 5- Track TBA
Date TBA

Point Scheme is as follows-

Qualifying Tandem Runs
1st-10pts 1st-100pts
2nd-8pts 2nd-80pts
3rd-6pts 3rd-60pts
4th-5pts 4th-50pts
5th-4pts 5th-40pts
6th-3pts 6th-30pts
7th-2pts 7th-20pts
8th-1pt 8th-10pts

The 3 classes

Super Pro- The most advanced drifters of the three classes. Open to drifters with a lot of experience and a high skill level.

Pro- Open to advanced/medium skilled drifters with a lot are little experience.

Semi Pro- The class suitable for newbie’s or people who feel they would prefer to be here.

*NOTE* A practice session is held where you are put in the class we feel you suit the most. There maybe a situation where a advanced drifter is in the Semi Pro class. Every other drifter in that class will have a advantage as the maximum score the advanced drifter will be allowed in tandem runs is 90 pts.

Competitors so far.

Super Pro-
Pro-
Semi Pro-
Drivers are not in classes yet.

PSN ID- Star_Drift_VIP
Drifting Since- ‘Around the time GT5 was released’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- RX7 Bathurst

PSN ID- dandan24
Drifting Since- ‘Since the game came out’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- SVT Cobra

PSN ID- Leondrift
Drifting Since- ‘GT5 Prologue’
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- RX7 ‘1990

Interested in applying? Contact LJG29 and fill in one of these forms below. I will then drift with you to see which class you fit under.

PSN ID-
Drifting Since-
Wheel/DS3-
Car-

*NOTE* The maximum number of people is 24 (8 per class). Some will be reserves in case of somebody missing the session. Others who vote late or mess around will be rejected.

We use GMT times.

LOL Love the typo :D

I'm interested. Do I fill the form & send it to you or post it here? And is it going to be mixed tires :odd:?

I dont understand the tyres... Can people choose either mediums or hards?

And is it going to be mixed tires :odd: ?

Yes they can use comfort medium or hards depending on the track. You can choose which tyre you would like to use and if people feel a car on medium tyres has an unfair advantage we will work something out.

ProtegeDrifter
LOL Love the typo :D

1 mistake isn't terrible, thanks for pointing it out 👍 Changed it now.

maveric25
I'm interested. Do I fill the form & send it to you or post it here? And is it going to be mixed tires ?

Eric1512
Same, just let me know how to sign up.

Your choice, do it in the comments, pm me, or tell me via ps3. Eric just fill the 4 questions that were asked and type them in the comments, pm or via ps3. But i do have to see you drifting before you are actually in a seat so I can fit you under one of the three classes. :)

Last edited:
Signed up, good luck with it I hope it'll work out 👍

Thanks, I have started to put the drivers in there classes contact me on gt5 to be put in yours.

In case anybody is wondering this is how the series will be held :

Practice: There is 20 minutes practice at each event before qualifying so the drivers can learn the section of the track.

Qualifying: Each driver gets 2 qualifying runs where they compete to gain 10 points to add to their championship points.

Tandem Runs: The tandem runs will be held after qualifying and will see the drivers competete like so - 1st vs 2nd 3rd vs 4th etc.
There will most likely be a 15-30 minute break halfway through the tandems so people can take a break. If any competitor leaves they are required to turn up on time to resume tandems. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

Not really the most powerful so far is the 720bhp svt cobra but it is a slow drift car, i wouldn't go over 500-600bhp if i was you:)

Applied, but VERY concerned about the tyres and hp limit.

Drop it to 450/500 with CH only and we're sorted!

EDIT: + no GT wings!

Last edited:
Semi pro
PSN ID-JSD-DUDDY
Drifting Since-GT4
Wheel/DS3-DFGT
Car-sc300

Last edited:
-Semi-Pro
-PSN: iDesTroY_v1
-Drifting Since GT4
-Wheel/Controller: DS3
-Car: Nissan 350z

Last edited:
PSN: maveric-25
Drifting since: The game came out
Car: BMW M5

I have announced round 1 and shown a map of the section we will be using.
The events will take place at different dates and different times depending upon the class you're in. I will announce the time when I find out the best time for judges. Drivers are required to arrive on time and remember if you can't make it for any reason please tell me before the event begins. :)

Drivers are only allowed to talk during practice on at breaks between runs as the chat popping on and off may put other drifters off.
Drivers can feel free to chat in this thread during the competition as it won't put others off.

Let's be fair and more important let's have fun.

Not sure how having different tyres will affect tandems but I'll have a go...

PSN ID- Knight_Spirit
Drifting Since- Release
Wheel/DS3- DS3
Car- Nissan 370Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back