Be Honest!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RUFFSTUFF
  • 46 comments
  • 3,295 views
Buying and selling intangible items is against eBay rules. Do the GT community a favour and report any instance of a car being sold on eBay.
Err... you are advertising stealth cars on eBay here on this web site??? So what's wrong with it then?
 
I traded a chrome chip for my first X1 at the time they were both valuable, now they are worthless, I have given away at about 5 in the last week, all to complete strangers.

LOL @ selling them on Ebay.
 
Stealth car codes. They aren't intangible.


What's so tangible about a code that a car isn't?

How about this: By buying a car on Ebay you are buying a friend via a friend request. This friend is so awesome, he gives you a nice car in return for being a friend to him. I would like to think that friends are tangible...

CASE CLOSED.
 
How about this: By buying a car on Ebay you are buying a friend via a friend request. This friend is so awesome, he gives you a nice car in return for being a friend to him. I would like to think that friends are tangible...

Now RUFF, if you need friends you don't need to buy them on Ebay! You can make plenty of friends here!
 
What's so tangible about a code that a car isn't?

The codes are on a piece of card... Click on the advert to which mrkevans alludes and see.

How about this: By buying a car on Ebay you are buying a friend via a friend request. This friend is so awesome, he gives you a nice car in return for being a friend to him. I would like to think that friends are tangible...

A friend request is not a tangible thing.

You cannot buy and sell items through eBay which do not have a physical form (or "intangible items"). These are eBay's rules - not mine. Look it up if you don't believe me.
 
Not me. No way would I buy one of those for real money.
 
The codes are on a piece of card... Click on the advert to which mrkevans alludes and see.



A friend request is not a tangible thing.

You cannot buy and sell items through eBay which do not have a physical form (or "intangible items"). These are eBay's rules - not mine. Look it up if you don't believe me.


Oh, I believe you! But with the right interpretation anything can happen. For instance, I can say that the car and/or friend take up memory on the HDD in my PS3 therefore making them objects therefore making them tangible.

The fact that there are many current EBay listings for video game cars and such (and many more completed transactions) leads me to believe there are bigger fish in the sea to hunt than these (in)tangible items.

Besides, I was just asking because I did come across many X2010's in EBay in a whimsical search.
 
Oh, I believe you! But with the right interpretation anything can happen. For instance, I can say that the car and/or friend take up memory on the HDD in my PS3 therefore making them objects therefore making them tangible.

You can, but eBay would disagree and, last I checked, agreeing to eBay's rules was a condition of using eBay.

Out of curiousity, would you reckon a HDD full of stuff would weigh more than an identical, clean HDD?


The fact that there are many current EBay listings for video game cars and such (and many more completed transactions) leads me to believe there are bigger fish in the sea to hunt than these (in)tangible items.

Which is why you can help eBay - and the Gran Turismo community - by reporting these items.
 


Out of curiousity, would you reckon a HDD full of stuff would weigh more than an identical, clean HDD?



Actually it does... you would just need a scale accurate to the atomic level.


That's a start.
 
OMG! what is the world comign to lol when you have to buy a virtual car...But i guess its ok for those who dont have time to play the game, although you would get there sooner or later.
 
I don't want an x2010 anyway, its a daft car that has no place in a game like gt5
 
OMG! what is the world comign to lol when you have to buy a virtual car...But i guess its ok for those who dont have time to play the game, although you would get there sooner or later.


People have been doing this stuff for years... especially in the RPG world...
 
Back