Beam NG Drive

• Thread starter JR98
  • 128 comments
full

full

? It already is way more than that :D
I don't think you can turn deformation off. It's the raison d'être of the game.

Don't mind me, I'm just so dissatisfied with sims that I'm reluctant to buy this, worried to discover it's still not what I'm looking for and I'm still at square one. I should've kept it to myself.

Ah ok. Sry i did not understand what you meant at first. Yea i think you can not disable damage but i have never looked for such option tbh.

This game is slowly turning into something that makes me wish it wasn't all about bending and destroying things.
Given that career mode is now available to the public in a very early-stage testing environment, I reckon we are not too far away from having a new core focus of the game. ;)

Thought the focus was not to destroy your car in most challenges but when you do the soft impact physics are just lovely 😍

and often frustrating when a little bump disintegrates your suspension or a wheel just falling off from "nothing" :mischievous:

Finally got BeamNG and still figering out how everthing works.
But Loving it so far.
It really seems more than just smahing things up. (but lets be honest that is where it shines:D)

I ended up asking for this for Xmas. :) It's mostly as I expected. Decent physics and details, some interesting content, and there is a considerable amount of objectives to complete. The damage model in practice means resetting the car over and over again just to do anything in a free roam setting, it's all cumbersome and janky (typically so for a title like this), and it's a sandbox. The freedom to do anything, to and with anything, leaves relatively few goals.

Driving a sportscar in Italy for the first time evoked a hint of what I wished Forza Horizon 2 had been, but the handling still tends to range from vague to wobbly. Much better than the last time I sampled BeamNG, but now I think that was because the simulation was CPU-starved on that older PC, which could hypothetically exaggerate the wobble.

(Biggest nitpick, unexpectedly: why is it so hard to see other cars' lights after dark?)

It's not that there's never a time in my sim-gaming schedule for playing with realistic damage, but it's rather binary; either I want to smash things, or I just want to bump off of things.

The best experiences I've had with this game so far are some of the chase/evade and delivery events with some personality to them, and exploring the Fujigoko mod map. Fujigoko's secret is excellent; exactly the kind of creativity I want to see more of in sims, like '90s classics. 👍

I have touched "Beam NG: Drive" maybe once or twice since getting my current small PC. It was about the only game I kind of struggled to work properly. I also haven't played this game much since getting my current PC. I do want to get back into it eventually. Hopefully even play this more as much as I have playing Assetto Corsa on my new PC more. I also think I have to update this game on my newer PC.

Back