Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

From personal experience: the dynamic settings can cause stuttering frame drops when it's constantly switching between settings to hit that 60. On that set-up maybe try high or a mix between high and medium settings at 1080p?

Even then it up to chance sometimes though, I've had no problems most of the time and then one month the game would just drop 5 frames every second for no discernible reason.
This helped a lot with the stuttering!

Scores on the board are as follows.

Toyota Eagle MK3

@Vic Reign93 1:31.284
@Obelisk 1:39.115

And the GTA..

@Vic Reign93 3:26.930
@Obelisk 3:32.511

Ah, only 2 times each this week. :guilty:

But look at it this way, Obelisk is on both podiums. :lol:👍

Granted that no one else showed up, but hey a podium is a podium, just like a win at Le Mans is still a win at Le Mans regardless if you had any serious competition or not. :P

In a way it’s oddly fitting, but anyway..

Congratulations @PJTierney !!!

It’s been awhile hasn’t it? Just over 20 weeks ago in fact. :D

When we aren’t racing in different disciplines each week in Casual Racing Mondays, we’re knocking 7 bells out of each other and the CRM regulars in our now weekly meme event at Long Beach West, Last Van Standing. (PJ has put it forward as an idea for a hopper and I recommend checking it out.) 👍

But while checking out some Vintage Sport Coupe and discovering that while it’s a homologated division, it doesn’t appear in the Career mode I asked which of these you would pick to appear in a COTW event.

You decided on...

D8D52327-C7E6-4C76-A4AA-D4B94EBF8B68.png

The 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS!!!

Built as a homolgation special for Group 4 Racing with just under 1600 cars being made, today they are often regarded as the best of the air cooled 911’s and the incredible prices these go for at auctions reflect that, heck a 1973 911RS 2.7 Lightweight is for sale right now in Dubai with an asking price of $900,000. :eek:

Powered by a 207hp 2.7 Air Cooled Flat 6 mounted at the back, it’s pushing a car that’s a shade over 1100kgs via a 5 speed gearbox.

Also it has a rally preset if one wants to build a tarmac rally car out of it. ;)

This weeks contender is gonna be around Road Atlanta on the Club Circuit layout.

Best of luck people and remember, It’s a vintage 911 so expect understeer and sudden snap oversteer out there. :P:tup:

Caspture.PNG

This week I got a 1:11:812.
Living up to it's name, this was a bit tricky to handle. I was frequently on 3 wheels on this track yet it wasn't an unpleasant drive (most of the time). More weight towards the front and a bit of suspension tweaking should stop it's 3 wheeled tendencies.
It's a neutral car, just a few issues to iron out before it's good.
Screenshot (1051).png

FE6E9837-7541-4336-9B7E-DEC478CFFC8C.jpeg

That time took a little work especially on the long uphill right as the car tried to be a low rider and drive on 3 wheels, the trick was to roll on to the throttle gently to minimise weight transfer to the rear and in turn, keep the front wheels somewhat on the deck. :D

It does get stopped relativity well thanks to its low weight and once you get a handle on its handling traits, it’s a decent car to drive.

Of course some stiffer springs and some front aero are needed to keep the front planted or not so if you plan on tuning it to pull wheelies. :P

Verdict: Neutral :)

20180628_190759.jpg

Captain Slow is in the house. I may not be fast but I am consistent. Kept her on the track the whole time. That being said I have two answers.

Treat her right and she is a sleeper.

Treat her bad and she'll end up in a wall.

To me, definitely sleeper

View attachment 747322
This week I got a 1:11:812.
Living up to it's name, this was a bit tricky to handle. I was frequently on 3 wheels on this track yet it wasn't an unpleasant drive (most of the time). More weight towards the front and a bit of suspension tweaking should stop it's 3 wheeled tendencies.
It's a neutral car, just a few issues to iron out before it's good.
View attachment 747321

It must think it's an RSR....

So from the rare version of what was Hooncorp’s battle scarred Commodore to this weeks pick, which as it turns out is now for sale in the specialty dealer. :P

But first the leaderboard.

@Vic Reign93 1:54.043
@Drex124 1:54.283
@pompeypigeon 1:55.411
@Populuxe Cowboy 1:59.123

So close at the top and props for Cowboy for getting under 2 mins, it’s usually the barriers we put up that hold us back, so find that next one and work on breaking through to the other side.:D:tup:

So to carry on in the fine art of ‘winging it’, here’s the winner for this week.

Congratulations Specialty Dealer!!!

For months now you’ve been giving us repeats of many Zondas and many, many Titian’s among other picks, I’m pretty sure even the writers who did the story’s on the repeats were probably getting sick of them as well. :sly:

But now, we have some new(ish) metal to work with so at least the excitement is back for now, keep building on this specialty dealer. 👍

So the car from the latest trio that we’re testing?

View attachment 737938

The 1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49!!!

Back to back Aussie picks eh Vic?

Well technically no, but also yes. :P

Just like Ford has Ford of Europe and Australia, Chrysler also had an aussie counterpart and this one is also a rare one with only 149 examples built.

But unlike the majority of muscle cars of the time, the V8 option wasn’t the most powerful option with the most powerful one being around 275hp from 5.6 litres.

The E49’s ace in the hole was a 4.3 litre Inline 6 making 302hp and 325ft-lbs of torque, numbers that were impressive for a 6 cylinder engine at the time.

The Hemi Six Pack E49 was good for low 6 six seconds 0-60 sprints and could knock off low 14 second quarter mile times with 14.1 being the most used example, respectable these days, but that was rapid back then, especially for a 6 cylinder engine.

As for the track you’ll be throwing this 1375kg machine around, it’s gonna a trip back to Lime Rock and the West Chicane layout for this week.

Also if you haven’t already got one, it’s less than 40k in the specialty dealer. ;)
So, uh, guys...

I know this is an old post but I was kinda flipping through the thread and I spotted this car...

Now, this car is a special car. Not because it's rare or anything, but because MY FAMILY USED TO HAVE TWO OF THESE BEAUTIES!!!!!
But what got me is I NEVER KNEW THE E49 VALIANT CHARGER WAS IN FORZA?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!????

I only have vague memories of Dad's old Valiants, both were hemi orange, one was a genuine E49 and one was the same shape, but an R/T spec (that one he used for classic muscle racing). The most powerful 6 cylinder engine ever in the day, they were brutes, still are today, and managed to stick it to even the big V8 names of the day. Growing up I had excessively sensitive ears meaning I could never appreciate their gorgeous noise, but man i wish I had! Also I wish I was born in my parents' era instead!!!

All of a sudden my desire to get an Xbox is renewed, because I've never seen an E49 in any other game and I know Dad would love to get back into his pride and joy, even if virtual... :drool:

Um, anyways. Reminiscing about the old days over. As you were gentlemen. :D

porscheyeet.jpg

I'd like to mention that this isn't the first Porsche/derivative to experience tripod syndrome. The Yellowbird in FH2 also had the same issue.

That said, I'm a little surprised that people tended towards letting it happen instead of using the brakes and lifting the throttle a bit to force the nose back down. It's certainly a quick old thing, and like everyone else here has said, it could do with some downforce on the nose.

I rate it Neutral.

Here’s your 24hr reminder for your times to be put up. :P

Also, the week after this one will have one of the DLC cars from the new Top Gear Car Pack alongside a normal pick and maybe even the week after that will be a double header too, just not with a car from the pack. ;)

(1:10.845)

Yeah I couldn't get it to slide like that at all. With all that weight on the back and Forza physics all I got was plenty of understeer. :boggled:

So the scores on the board for the 911 are as follows.

@Vic Reign93 1:10.785
@Drex124 1:10.845
@pompeypigeon 1:11.812
@Obelisk 1:13.391
@RazorSharkz 1:14.261

Good times for the tri podding classic 911.

This weeks pick is one of few cars that even the hardcore collectors of FM7 likely don’t have, of course I have no idea what shows up in the specialty dealer so it might just show up tonight and leave me enough egg on my face that you could whack me in the face with a frying pan and call me an omelette. :lol:

Also the name of this car also kinda says where we’ll be going for this week. :sly:

It is...

75F9EE1A-6AF0-4D56-A953-E1C142445E51.png

The 2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge!!!

They missed the word Prototype from that name as even though looks production fresh, the plan for the Eau Rouge was scrapped in early 2015. :guilty: