Beater or Sleeper? FH3 Edition! Thanks for coming.

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 573 comments
Simple, I just found a slightly faster target to latch on to. :P

But in all seriousness, I was admittedly abit conservative in my braking previously because of the rear brakes slightly locking while slowing down, this time I was more aggressive in how I got the car around the turns.

Plus some fresh eyes and a rested mind helped as well. ;)

Fresh eyes meaning those rallycross techniques? :P

Forza Horizon 3 8_15_2017 10_25_26 PM.png

Well played 👍

Providing this contest is still open after I've finished hosting our GT6 COTW session, I'll be back to take another swing at this. :cheers:
Running out of time, bud. I'm in the process of selecting the next car.

Running out of time, bud. I'm in the process of selecting the next car.
Ah well, If I don't make it, I don't make it.

But if the trade off is that I now get someone who can genuinely give me a run for my money then I say that's a fair trade. :D

Alright, alright. Silence in the courtroom.

We've had a hotly contested debate this week between the defendant and plaintiff - let's hear it from the jury.

Congrats, @Drex124!
Drex124: 2:57.915
Vic Reign93: 2:58.012
Populuxe Cowboy: 3:05.352

The jury has unanimously decided in the plaintiff's favor. The defendant is sentenced to 50 laps around Goliath in an Isetta. not really

For this week's car...

You guys have probably seen this coming since this thread started...

GetPhoto.ashx

It's the 1972 Reliant Supervan III!

Before I post the track, please read:

For the sake of fairness, I will bend my stock-only rule for this car.

All drivers, for this week's car, are allowed to equip the Widebody Kit and Street Rear Wing and only those two things.

This week's Time Trial will be a Midnight Battle - VS. 1997 Mazda RX7. Yes, it has a specific rivals tab for it @Populuxe Cowboy.

All drivers, for this week's car, are allowed to equip the Widebody Kit and Street Rear Wing and only those two things.
Since the street rear wing is, in fact, just a luggage rack and suitcase, are we allowed to not equip it? (I'm surprised equipping it doesn't bring it down to E99.)

Forza Horizon 3 8_17_2017 2_49_41 PM.png

^Suitcase and sidebar-less
What is the point of this thing...? I could see it being used in one of the Asian territories that are short on space but this thing is British, home of the Rolls, Bently, and whatever other land yachts they have there. In any case, it's not a car, it's a tricycle, which defaults it to beater.

I have a request/recommendation btw. Could we match the slow cars such as these with shorter circuits? Four minutes a lap just gets boring...

Could we match the slow cars such as these with shorter circuits? Four minutes a lap just gets boring...
I selected this track because it was long - it has a mix of different surfaces and corner types that a scramble wouldn't exactly have handy.

Huh. I don't know who this "RMedia Obelisk" is that the game decided I should race, but he's in the GTP club just like me, so I feel I should know him... Well, I'm sure it will come to me eventually. Interestingly, he raced the same D100 Reliant as I did, but he ran it with training wheels, and I didn't. And yet I beat him by 4 seconds. Huh.

[Having smack-talked, I will now cower in the corner, awaiting my inevitable comeuppance.]

Last edited:
Ok seeing as @Obelisk isn't back from his vacation yet, It's time to go to plan B which is me doing the announcement.

Happily this photo will cover the standings for this weeks event..

IMG_0176.JPG

Swiftly moving on to this weeks winner.

Congratulations @Nismonath5!!!

So what's next in store for us Nate??

Something efficient, robust or precise?

Nope X3 :P

It is...

IMG_0177.PNG

The 1997' Lamborghini Diablo SV!!!

Yep, the NFS3 V12 powered juggernaut is back and in its lighter, rear drive only SV form.

Some will say it's the last of the truly animalistic Lambos before Audi hammered some sense into them which sold cars, but diluted future Lamborghinis to a certain extent.

The track in question wasn't given to me so i'm making a call on it, it will be the Grand High Speed Sprint in Byron Bay.

And after this weeks event and you're more likely tuning it here's a little tip, Its got a loud supercharger sound if you equip one. ;)

Swiftly moving on to this weeks winner.

Congratulations @Nismonath5!!!

So what's next in store for us Nate??

Something efficient, robust or precise?

Nope X3
I would join in, but I don't actually play FH3... My time with an Xbox was relatively short lived and I only ever played Forza 5 before its untimely demise. Not sure if this is a good or bad pick, I just picked it cos it's my favourite 90's supercar (that SV decal... beautiful!!!)

Have fun! :D

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV in a suitably '90s color. I think you could get an original Plymouth Neon in this color, too. I remember the first time I saw a Diablo in person. It was at an autoshow at the Kingdome in 1990. I remember being amazed at how wide the car was, especially in the back. A booty to die for (even if we didn't say "booty" back then.)

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV in a suitably '90s color. I think you could get an original Plymouth Neon in this color, too. I remember the first time I saw a Diablo in person. It was at an autoshow at the Kingdome in 1990. I remember being amazed at how wide the car was, especially in the back. A booty to die for (even if we didn't say "booty" back then.)

IMG_0178.JPG

As you can probably tell, I also settled on the 90's nostalgia purple paint. :D

Also seeing as we are the only 2 who posted times in, it makes this next bit easier. ;)

Our Prism shaped overlord is once again busy this week and once again he's asked me to intervene for us and plan out this weeks car and track.

So our pick for this week is this...

IMG_0179.PNG

It's the 2015 Baldwin Motorsports #97 Monster Energy Trophy Truck!!!

With 800hp on tap from its Naturally Aspirated V8, this heavyweight off-roader makes it presence known in more ways than one.

The track for this week is the Redstone Strip Cross Country in the Outback.

Go loud through small rivers, over uneven and watch out for run ending rocks waiting to catch you unaware. :P

So much for that...

Back on track now.

Congrats, Kid Rock 110!

05d4ebe3-6aca-478e-93ee-c004c4707e8e.jpg

It's the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air!

This week, we'll run this old classic at East Suburbs Circuit in Byron Bay!

Some news.

My life has gotten busy. Very busy. I'm not able to commit a significant amount of time to anything at all.

So, one small and one big thing:

A. I will be extending the deadline for another week.
B. As of this post, @Vic Reign93 will be running this show as I am resigning from this role. I'll be working with him this week to get him set up and prepare for next week, but he'll be the boss after that.

I wish I could have kept the show running, but reality ensues and I have to prioritize. Still, 43 weeks ain't bad.

I'll try to contribute as a regular poster, though.

Back