Beep Beep-Porsche Come'n Thru ...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 7 comments
United States
U.S.A.
One of the long standing arguments about the RUF has been that they are their own manufacturer, and as such, are not a Porsche in GT6. Well, although that is essentially true, it wasn't always that way with every model, so I respectfully have to partially disagree and state that yes, GT6 does have a Porsche ! Need proof ? Check out my photos and other general information below in support of my argument...

These photos are of my completely stock GT6 RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 re-painted in German Black Schwarz. They are unaltered in any way. Notice carefully the rear end close up photo where you can clearly see Porsche bleeding thru the red lens cover. Also compare that to the real thing in the other photos I have shown below. Also, I have shown further below some quotes and links from authoritative sources which clearly state that at least one Yellow Bird specifically in black was in fact a modded Porsche 911. So with that said... Beep Beep Porsche Come'n Thru At The Big Willow !

GT6 Photos:

Ruf's Porsche 911-1.jpg
Ruf's Porsche 911-2.jpg

Real Thing Photos:

Ruf's Porsche 911-3.jpg
Ruf's Porsche 911-4.jpg
Ruf's Porsche 911-5.jpg

Authoritative Sources:

Ruf's Porsche 911-6.JPG
Ruf's Porsche 911-7.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously Ruf are meticulous, but PDI modelers are slightly more so. ;)
By the way, I think the black specimen is a Ruf, since they say 29 were produced, and additional cars were converted by request. So the author of that text probably didn't mean there is a Porsche identification.
Primary source: RUF Automobile

Last edited:
If you go to the first link especially or both for more info that I provided you will clearly see the black car was absolutely a 911 Porsche body used and not a manufactured RUF body. Further the mods were done on the original Porsche 911 body, frame, and engine which were not manufactured by RUF but only modded by them. IMHO if it walks and quacks like a duck it’s a duck :cheers:. Also look at the “real” cars back red lens cover...

not a manufactured RUF body
Ruf did not make the bodies for the Yellowbird. They take bodies from Porsche and do enough to them that they qualify as a manufacturer.

Fast forward to 1983 and the first vehicle to bear a RUF chassis number was the RUF BTR of 1983. The core of this car was a 3.4 litre RUF turbo engine of 374hp and a RUF-developed five-speed manual transmission. The car was hand-built from a [Porsche] body shell up.

To this day RUF remains unique as a manufacturer in its own right and continues to source 'bodies-in-white' directly from Porsche to produce bespoke hand-built sports cars with their own very special characteristics.

https://www.rufautomobile.co.uk/history

I clearly only refer to the 10th bird by RUF which again was clearly a modded Porsche. I also in my original post already stated clearly that RUF is their own manufacturer. However, the “10th” bird is and was a special exception to this as stated by the authoritative info and links posted, so this 10th car that I refer to is a Porsche for all intensive purposes and it seems that the authoritative information links agrees as such.

Last edited:
I clearly only refer to the 10th bird by RUF which again was clearly a modded Porsche. I also in my original post already stated clearly that RUF is their own manufacturer. However, the “10th” bird is and was a special exception to this as stated by the authoritative info and links posted, so this 10th car that I refer to is a Porsche for all intensive purposes and it seems that the authoritative information links agrees as such.
I clearly only refer to your point where you stated that it was "not a manufactured RUF body" by pointing out that Ruf do not manufacture bodies (apart from their own designs like the CTR3 obviously.)

A lot of people back in the day, and still now, refer to Rufs as modified Porsches and I do not see where their "authority" comes from.

QUOTE FROM TOP GEAR AND LINK HERE:
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/rare-ruf-ctr-yellow-bird-sale

“In the end RUF built 29 Yellow Birds, of which this is one. The body is from a normal, slim-hipped 911 Carrera 3.2. The engine is, too, but RUF bored it out to 3.4-litres, added twin-turbochargers, twin-intercoolers and a fuel-injection system originally developed for the Porsche 962. It also fitted a five-speed gearbox (911 Turbos of the era only had four forward gears), massive brakes and tyres from the Porsche 959. RUF claimed 469bhp – but it’s widely believed this is as epic an understatement as ever there’s been. This Yellow Bird isn’t yellow, which is mildly disappointing. But it is all original, and that counts for a great deal. Originally destined for RUF’s Swiss importer, chassis #10 was bought by a German.”

Last edited:
Back