Beeping when racing

• Thread starter Shroom
  • 29 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
when im racing i can hear a bing bing sound and i cant work out why or what its trying to indicate to me it doesnt happen all the time someone help

Some cars, like the Nismo R32 and AE86, have a speed warning chime that starts dinging when you go over a certain speed. Maybe that's what you're hearing?

Some cars, like the Nismo R32 and AE86, have a speed warning chime that starts dinging when you go over a certain speed. Maybe that's what you're hearing?
Well it just randomly starts happening half way through a race I assumed it was warning me of something but I have no idea what and once it starts doing it, it doesn't stop and does it every 5 seconds or so its like 2 dongs quick quickly together and its really starting to annoy me 🤣

Also, some cars like the RX-7 do a beeping sound when you're supposed to change gears. It would help to know which car you're using when this happens.

Also, some cars like the RX-7 do a beeping sound when you're supposed to change gears. It would help to know which car you're using when this happens.
Its happened several times but its not changing gears normally does it towards the end of the race normally half way through. it done it im my r34 in the previous race but didn't do it in the race after that in the same car. Il start keeping track of which cars it does it in I just dont understand why its doing it

Its not changing gears or a speed thing as it just randomly starts doing it and doesn't always do it in the same car this is whats frustrating me 🤣🤣 il record a video of it when it does it next time so u can see and hear what I mean

The only beeping I can think of relates to the posting of sector times……. but that would be much more infrequent than every 5 seconds.

@Shroom It's the sound Kaz's cash register makes every time someone buys a car in the store. :mischievous:

But seriously... Are you sure it's coming from the game? Depending on which console you have, an internet search revealed there is a problem related to the PS4's eject button that can cause it to randomly beep twice - just like you're hearing. It starts trying to eject a disc when there isn't one in it - the warning noise. Perhaps it's heat related, so it wouldn't do it all the time. You could try pressing the button to see if that is the sound. I think it can be fixed by tightening a screw or something.

Obviously if you've got a PS5 ignore the above and revert to my original comment. 🙂

It's because the horn is mapped to the L3 button, I'm not sure why people are stretching it beyond that. I accidentally hit it a lot using controller.

Others beep during races to signal something e.g. they're unhappy with your sportsmanship

It's because the horn is mapped to the L3 button, I'm not sure why people are stretching it beyond that. I accidentally hit it a lot using controller.

Others beep during races to signal something e.g. they're unhappy with your sportsmanship
By default it’s headlights though, so he would have had to re-map it and I’d like to think if he made L3 the horn, when pressed L3 and heard a noise, he would assume it was the horn.

Sounds good on paper, but will it be true?
dot to dot GIF by Sarah & Duck

Its taken a while for it to happen again no its not me pressing the horn i dont even have hold of the controller its the dong dong noise u hear it twice in the video providing I uploaded the right one hod sake it won't let me upload the video not an allowed extension and I cant see what format I can change it to to upload it

@Shroom If you can please provide a video so we can see and hear what noise you mean
It won't let me upload the video is there any other way I can upload it?

By default it’s headlights though, so he would have had to re-map it and I’d like to think if he made L3 the horn, when pressed L3 and heard a noise, he would assume it was the horn.
Its not the horn I dont even have the controller in my hand in the video but im unable 2 upload the video because of the file format not supported

Yeah turn off background music - also is that a PS4? I’ve never had one but that fan is SO loud!
It is a ps4 mate and I know thing sounds like its going to take off

I litreally just realised its the first time I've been in a race for it to change song and then I realised oh..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 its been doing my head in i normally stick my own music on 2 drown out the sound of the ps4 🤣🤣🤣🤣 well glad thats solved and now I feel like an absolute tit live and learn

Yeah turn off background music - also is that a PS4? I’ve never had one but that fan is SO loud!
With my PS4 it depends on what car i am driving as to fan noise.Some cars have no appreciable effect on fan speed and then some send it into overdrive.

I don’t think I’ve even heard the PS5 fan
To my understanding if you ever hear a PS5 fan it’s going bad, or you got one of those very early units where some tape or a tag or something came loose and is making contact with fan blades. I remember seeing that reported within a few months of PS5 launch. Had mine since day 1 and you can’t hear the fan ever unless the room is totally silent and you have your ear right up against the top/front of the console, then you hear the faintest whirring noise.

Back