Benchmarking, Help & Troubleshooting [Phone Edition]

• Thread starter GT-R
  • 146 comments
my new Z2 is juuuusttt slightly has better performance with a 917/2609 @2.27GHz .

could be because of the model (D6503 compared to D6502)., interesting none the less

I honestly don't see the point of the S6 Edge. As for the One M9, it looks pretty nice. Here's hoping that the camera will be good, from what I've heard that was the most disappointing part of the previous models.

Anyway, I decided that I would try out a lower clock speed for my phone so that it could underclock itself when the battery reached a certain percentage, and I've been surprised by the results. Playing a game (World of Goo) at 1.2GHz was just as smooth as it was at 1.7GHz. Web browsing might benefit more from the increased clockspeed but for now I'm going to see how the phone is to use at a lower clockspeed for a day. I'm sick of the battery life of AOSP rom's but I can't go back to the stock firmware as it has worse performance and less features. I'm hoping that underclocking the cpu will improve the battery life.

Been fiddling with Stamina mode for a day, have to say won't stop using it now, really useful feature.

Looking forward to the M9, HTC have been fantastic lately.

Help needed, I've been getting lots of pop ups (malware) when using chrome lately, My mother is on the same network and gets them also, but even when I switch to mobile data I still get the same pop ups, is it a router issue, or a chrome issue or what?

@GT-R they do indeed direct me to the Play store, I did a Virus scan but nothing came up, Will install Air push. Any other suggestions? the only app that wasn't reputable that I downloaded was android L wallpapers.

Edit: Air push came up with nothing.

@sems4arsenal, I'm personally not a fan of installing apps in order to get wallpapers, thus I haven't run into this issue* - in case the aforementioned wallpaper app is the culpit here.

Please check back with the results you'll get with APD. :)

*I did run into the same issue earlier this year - with a popular quiz app, though.

~ EDIT ~ Do you get these popup ads in Chrome only? Did you recently update Chrome?

Which quiz app, I have guess that emojii, Trivia crack and quiz up installed, someone suggested I wipe anything related to chrome in the android - data folder will try that.

Well, it looks like Android 5.0.2 pushed my Z3 compact past the 20000 mark!

Geekbench didn't seem to change much though.

[20041] [Xenn] [Sony Xperia Z3 Compact] [Qualcomm Snapdragon 801/Adreno 330] [2.46 GHz/578 MHz]

[977/2769] [Xenn] [Sony Xperia Z3 Compact] [Qualcomm Snapdragon 801/Adreno 330] [2.46 GHz/578 MHz]

WLzUOXY.png

xR3o0ji.png

You can also check if Malwarebytes will detect anything. 👍

It was 'Quizduell' causing this issue on my end.

Just realized the problem is there for all mobiles of the family (connected to the same network) guessing this is a router isssue then?

Just cleaned the 2nd Gen Moto X, score went up. Not sure if running off the Nova launcher made a difference or not. Might as well get it in before the next generation processors start showing up.

@Mikeybc, I've updated your Geekbench 3 score. 👍

Oh and... Do you mean something like this:

View attachment 387067

...? ;)

I had some things running in the background, but this should do the trick. For now. :P

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean :irked::P. Nice 👍. Was going to ask if it was a Snapdragon 810 but saw the info in the OP.

Last edited:
You guys see that new Moto X style? That thing looks great. Might be my next phone. Ticks all the boxes for me. Hope the camera is as good as Motorola says-- looks like they really went for it in that regard.

You guys see that new Moto X style? That thing looks great. Might be my next phone. Ticks all the boxes for me. Hope the camera is as good as Motorola says-- looks like they really went for it in that regard.
I was hoping that the old screen size would be kept, I'm not really a fan of these massive phones.

Back