Bently Speed 8 or Dealership Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter drivehard
  • 34 comments
  • 2,967 views
Messages
534
Messages
thirty2try
Have a Bently Speed 8 in the online dealership that I just grinded hard for. Just remembered about the Peugeot 908, Mazda 787B, or the Nissan R9C2 in the UCD. Can somebody tell me which one of these cars sticks to the ground on acceleration the best? Or flat out which one is, in your mind, the best? Before I drop 6 Mil. Thanks in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
trade for them, and save your $$$👍
 
like dago said trade for one but if your not willing to trade, the bentley speed 8 is the best round the track but mazda 787b is the best overall with its sound, looks, speed just an amazing car :D
 
The 787B and the 908 are pretty close to tied. The 908 is slightly better but the margin is so small you probably wont notice it, and in my opinion the 787B handles better.
 
Last edited:
The 787B and the 908 are pretty close to tied. The 908 is slightly better but the margin is so small you probably wont notice it, and imo the 787B handles better.

OFF TOPIC: What does "imo" mean? I see many people write that on GTPlanet.
 
OFF TOPIC: What does "imo" mean? I see many people write that on GTPlanet.

imo = in my opinion

and actually we arent supposed to use text speak on here :scared:
 
I bought the Bently, it's awesome.
 
trade for them, and save your $$$👍

Or do what half the community does and just dupe them for free via an alternate account, getting the car for free and keeping the cash. If you're up for some cheating, that is. I don't actually mean to encourage this, but I don't really care whether someone is doing it or not.
 
Or do what half the community does and just dupe them for free via an alternate account, getting the car for free and keeping the cash. If you're up for some cheating, that is. I don't actually mean to encourage this, but I don't really care whether someone is doing it or not.


Cheating? really? quit whining:rolleyes:

let me know when you get the 1000 car trophy!

ill have mine by tuesday:)
 
dont spend your hard earned cash on the bentley. trade, or dupe.
While its a nice car, it doesnt compare to the 787b or 908.

Its got high torque at a very low rpm and redlines at just 6000. Makes it a bit of a drag to drive. Does accelerate and grip well, but the torque @low rpm makes it a bit difficult to control especially when coming out of corners. (easier to control than the R10, but definitely not better than the 787, acc might be at par with the 908)
 
dont spend your hard earned cash on the bentley. trade, or dupe.
While its a nice car, it doesnt compare to the 787b or 908
I have to disagree with that:)
Im over 3 seconds faster in the Bentley than the 908 at Circuit De La Sarthe, 1.5 seconds faster at Trial Mountain...

In the GT All stars event, I can double-triple my victory margin in races using Bentley instead of the 908... You can take a wide, fast entry to the corners, then straighten the exit up and nail the gas early.

Dont get me wrong, I love my 908, but the Bentley handles MUCH better to me:tup: worth every cent
 
I have to disagree with that:)
Im over 3 seconds faster in the Bentley than the 908 at Circuit De La Sarthe, 1.5 seconds faster at Trial Mountain...

In the GT All stars event, I can double-triple my victory margin in races using Bentley instead of the 908... You can take a wide, fast entry to the corners, then straighten the exit up and nail the gas early.

Dont get me wrong, I love my 908, but the Bentley handles MUCH better to me:tup: worth every cent

I would agree with this, the Bently for me is faster round Circuit De La Sarthe than the 908 or 787b 👍

But it may just be I have a rubbish tune on my 908 and 787b :ouch:
 
I have to disagree with that:)
Im over 3 seconds faster in the Bentley than the 908 at Circuit De La Sarthe, 1.5 seconds faster at Trial Mountain...

In the GT All stars event, I can double-triple my victory margin in races using Bentley instead of the 908... You can take a wide, fast entry to the corners, then straighten the exit up and nail the gas early.

Dont get me wrong, I love my 908, but the Bentley handles MUCH better to me:tup: worth every cent

I agree, it is a little bit faster than the 908. (looking at its slightly better ratio, and my test at deepforest. bentley is about 1 second faster) but that torque at 4000rpm makes exiting corners pretty unpredictable.

I still think the 908 is much easier to drive. But, i should do a side by side test (at sarthe) to get a better idea. Until then, i'll give in to the above popular consensus.
 
It depends what you want the car for. If you are just going to be overpowering a weak AI it really does not matter.

If you want a car for the 24hr Le Mans, then I would go for the Bentley as I think I can get one more lap out it between pit stops compared to other Group C cars.

If you just want a LM car maybe get the 908 in case you want the option of a cockpit view. But my preferred LM car is the 905.
 
Mazda 787b in every way, just a joy to drive!
sounds amazing, best inside view and is much better than the bently speed, but on par with the 908 HDI
 
Bentley = Awesome

Everytime I take it out online somebody wants to trade for it.
 
well, i just took out the bentley and 908 to sarthe. And i have to say, i agree with you guys. I was wrong. The bentley will beat the 908 by a small margin for sure.
both these cars are very closely matched.

Still i stubbornly prefer the 908. for some reason i find it really easy to drive (regardless of the torque) and i feel it has more solid cornering than the bentley. I guess thats just personal preference/bias
 
Ive done almost every LMP car at Monza and set a time. The Bentley is about 3 seconds a lap slower than a 908. The Fastest is the Audi R8 '01
 
I prefer the 908 over the Bentley but I'm also a Peugeot Sport fan lol. Havent got the chance to buy the 787B.
 
Evenin' all.

I have just reached the same position as the OP.... managed to save up nearly 6Mill for a dream car.

The Bently 8 is in the online dealer store.... but I'm also wondering whether to get that audi R8, or maybe the R10, or the 908....

I haven't found a way to test drive anything, other than in arcade (where these cars aren't represented) and I would be so fed up if I splashed out all that money for a car I couldn't drive... like that Zonda!!

Any advice or opinions welcomed.
 
The 787B and the 908 are pretty close to tied. The 908 is slightly better but the margin is so small you probably wont notice it, and in my opinion the 787B handles better.

I couldn't possibly disagree more, the 787b is SO much better, I have had bentley 787b 908, and R10, and I can say it's completely between speed 8, and 787b. It all depends on if you like the looks sounds or if you care if speed 8 is standard.
 
Still i stubbornly prefer the 908. for some reason i find it really easy to drive (regardless of the torque) and i feel it has more solid cornering than the bentley. I guess thats just personal preference/bias
I understand for sure. the Bentley feels like its closer to the limit in terms of grip, even though it corners faster(for me, at least). The 908 feels more solid and better glued down.

Just bought he Audi R8 '01. It's even quicker:tup: Handling feels like between the Bentley and 908.
 
Have a Bently Speed 8 in the online dealership that I just grinded hard for. Just remembered about the Peugeot 908, Mazda 787B, or the Nissan R9C2 in the UCD. Can somebody tell me which one of these cars sticks to the ground on acceleration the best? Or flat out which one is, in your mind, the best? Before I drop 6 Mil. Thanks in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probably the Mazda if your talking about acceleration and good top speed. The Bentley I found slow for a LM car. The Nissan is slow out of the gate in terms of a race car but has a great top speed and for the 908, i don't know if your talking about the 92' or the 2010 HDI but the 92' 908 is pretty average, mine has close to 800 hp and can't understand why its not one of my better race cars because it only weighs 780 kg.
 
Evenin' all.

I have just reached the same position as the OP.... managed to save up nearly 6Mill for a dream car.

The Bently 8 is in the online dealer store.... but I'm also wondering whether to get that audi R8, or maybe the R10, or the 908....

I haven't found a way to test drive anything, other than in arcade (where these cars aren't represented) and I would be so fed up if I splashed out all that money for a car I couldn't drive... like that Zonda!!

Any advice or opinions welcomed.

908 for the win. Mine is at 920 hp and very fast, looks really good, first chance I get, I will be getting another one.
 
I have the speed 8 and the 908. I think the speed 8 handles better and accelerates better than the 908 but that could be due to the fact that when I asked for a tune I accdentally said it had over steer but I meant understeer. So with my current tune it's not all it could be.
 
908 for the win. Mine is at 920 hp and very fast, looks really good, first chance I get, I will be getting another one.

Thanks Foster. As I'm new it took a while to moderate my post, so I went ahead and bought the Bentley (I'm British....!!).

I can only compare it to what's in my garage, the fastest being the Minolta Toyota Race Car and the Bugatti Veryon (fully charged). And the Bentley is fantastic! What a car. Went into a few high win races (108k credits....) won every time and then had enough to rebuild the engine. Wow, what a difference again! Next target is a chassis rebuild.....

When I manage to save another 4 mill, I will try the 908....

Thanks
 
Back