Best 500pp, 525pp and 550pp car...?

• Thread starter RIKARDO_93
  • 31 comments
Costa Rica
Alajuela
RIKARDO_93
Im sorry if there is already a tread about this, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The things that all I want are some suggestions of which car to use for the 500pp, 525pp and 550pp races.. currently, my choices are:

500pp = Not a proper choice by now

525pp = Renault Sport Clio V6 24V

550pp = BMW M5

Now, what are your choices, could help me or other to choose a better lineup. Thanks..!

500pp= @praiano63 's Acura HSC, Clueless Over the Hill Outlaws Tommy Kaira ZZ2. On non high speed tracks the Lotus Elise 111R (haven't found a tune I like for it yet but on shorter tracks online it seems to spank all comers).

525pp= @Johnnypenso 's Ford RS200

550pp= @praiano63 's Corvette C7 (for the ring because it hits like 315km/h on back straight), @praiano63 's McLaren MP4-12c detuned in power to 550pp.

:eek::eek: Tuned for 450PP..nice to see it works at 525 :lol: 👍👍

At 450pp it's a joy but when a ham-fisted driver like me messes up the extra power you get at 520pp allows you to point the wheel where you want to go and just mash the gas and save the otherwise inevitable crash :D

500pp '86 Ruf, stage 3 weight reduction 123kg ballast all up front. Stock engine 388hp (I think). Racing brakes & susp, all neutral settings. Awsome car. If you want it to look like the SEMA model Paint It "cherry black metallic" from chev & silver rims with chrome gold spokes. And lower the crap out of it! :P.

I'm also curious about the 500pp level. Any suggestions for the best car at or just under 500pp without any tuning modifications. The three front runners that come to mind that meet this criterion are:

ACURA HSC
Lotus Esprit (forgot which one - the only premium model, perhaps?)
RUF - RGT or BTR?

I'm also curious about the 500pp level. Any suggestions for the best car at or just under 500pp without any tuning modifications. The three front runners that come to mind that meet this criterion are:

ACURA HSC
RUF - RGT or BTR?
[/B]

At 500pp with no tuning i think the RUF RGT takes it

ACURA HSC
RUF - RGT or BTR?
my favorite around 500pp stock no tune cars are the BMW M3's. they are perfectly balanced and all handle really well

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage is surprisingly strong at 550pp. I want the Renault Sport Clio V6 24V to be my 500pp car cus it is 3 seconds quicker for me around Ascari (where I tune my cars) than my Lotus Elise '11, which is a consistent well handling car after you change the weight distribution. My question to @Ksquad is if you have done anything to the RS200? That's been my car for 450-500pp rooms that only allow sport tires. Have you got it to drive on racing softs because for me it becomes a wild, savage, unpredictable tornado?

My question to @Ksquad is if you have done anything to the RS200? That's been my car for 450-500pp rooms that only allow sport tires. Have you got it to drive on racing softs because for me it becomes a wild, savage, unpredictable tornado?

@Amac500

I'm definitely not a tuner. I can take something that others have done and make slight tweaks to it to better suit my driving style but my hats off to the tuners here for getting the spring rates and dampers etc all set up because I suck at it! When it comes to the Ford RS200 I highly recommend you check out @Johnnypenso's RS200 I review at the following link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ews-nsx-r-02-rs200-84-mclaren-mp4-12c.303028/ post#2

In my experience every car in this game that doesn't have like 300+ downforce front and rear feels like it could snap and kill you at any moment when on racing tires because the racing tires don't give you much warning before they lose grip. On sports tires however to me it feels like I get a lot more feedback and the tires will squeal in protest a lot sooner before they completely lose grip versus racing tires and in many cases you can post faster lap times on sports tires because you can be more consistent whereas someone using racing tires on a road car could overwhelm the tires and spin out far more easily.

If you do want to run racing tires online on a road car I recommend you use a harder tire in the rear than the front. IE: Use Racing Softs on the front and Racing Hards/Mediums on the rear. This way you get the sharp turn-in from the racing soft tires but don't have a back end that is quick to spin on you if you overcook the rear tires. The most fun I've had running racing tires on a road car is using @feydrautha's setup for the Civic Type R '08 I review here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ews-nsx-r-02-rs200-84-mclaren-mp4-12c.303028/ post #4

On racing tires this car handles just like you are used to on GT5, very stable and predictable and HUGE grip.

I've been hunting for the best no tuning car at or under 500pp. I decided to do a little work with the following constants:

Deep Forest Raceway
absolutely no tuning
DS3
SRF: off
ABS: 1
TC: 0
Grip at track edge: Low (I usually opt for Real, but I had gotten 11 cars deep before I realized I wasn't catching this)
Sports hard tires

Every car tested came with sports hards as default tires except the Mazda RX500, which I switched to Sports hards for this testing. I have tested 31 cars up to this moment. I gave each car a minimum of 5 laps to lay down its best time. I will admit that sometimes I hated a car, and I told myself it got its best time within 3 laps. If a car was near the top 10 performers on this course, then it got more attempts. I figured this would be a good idea, since as I learn a car and tweak my driving approach through particular corners, the small time differences between the top performers emerge. I will share the top ten here and eventually (later) figure out how to share the spreadsheet with those interested.

Right out of the box and under 500 PP at Deep Forest

1. Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 1:21.770" 3.45 kg/HP 496pp
2. Acura HSC '04 1:21.913" 3.54 kg/HP 490pp
3. Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 1:22.681" 3.68 kg/HP 493pp
4. BMW M3 GTR '04 1:22.837" 3.60 kg/HP 497pp
5. RUF RGT '00 1:23.087" 3.51 kg/HP 499pp
6. Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 1:23.482" 3.58 kg/HP 488pp
7. BMW M3 CSL '03 1:23.572" 3.91 kg/HP 490pp
8. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 1:23.647" 3.58 kg/HP 500pp
9. Mazda RX500 '70 1:23.840" 3.44 kg/HP 474pp
10. Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 1:24.420" 4.11 kg/HP 498pp

Others tested include (not an exhaustive list): Audi S4 '03, BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line, Ferrari 512BB '76, Maserati GranTurismo S '08, Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00, BMW Z8 '01, Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (placed in the low teens), Fisker Karma EcoSport '12, Gran Turismo 350RS, Autobacs Garaiya (a personal favorite ride), and more...

500pp road cars at Nordschleife, ABS1 no other aids, grip set to real, stock tires. No suspension tuning on these so far.

7:22.710 Honda NSX Type R '02
7:23.290 Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02
7:23.347 Shelby Series One Supercharged '03
7:25.381 Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
7:25.749 Acura HSC '04
7:25.762 RUF 3400S '00
7:28.542 Lotus Elise 111R '04
7:30.193 Lamborghini Miura P400 '67
7:31.051 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
7:35.099 Toyota Supra RZ '97

Ferrari Dino is probably the most fun out of these.

Last edited:
Im sorry if there is already a tread about this, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The things that all I want are some suggestions of which car to use for the 500pp, 525pp and 550pp races.. currently, my choices are:

500pp = Not a proper choice by now

525pp = Renault Sport Clio V6 24V

550pp = BMW M5

Now, what are your choices, could help me or other to choose a better lineup. Thanks..!
525 PP = NSX '02

Just finishing up a 525PP league and we all ended up with this since the first one who brought it out kicked our butts with it. ZZ is good but not as fast.

525 PP = NSX '02

Just finishing up a 525PP league and we all ended up with this since the first one who brought it out kicked our butts with it. ZZ is good but not as fast.

Just out of curiosity, which ZZ? Could you elaborate, please, about your racing series (particularly in terms of requirements/limitations on tuning/tires)?

Most servers don't bother restricting weight or power and they just rely entirely on PP. Some ban Race cars but very few ban concept cars, unless they would consider the car I am about to mention a Race car.

Let me make a statement: The Suzuki GSX/R at 500pp will absolutely annhilate anything in it's path. To put things into perspective: I won the Willow Springs 10-lap challenge with a GSX/R detuned to 450pp against 650pp supercars, and it was easy.

You do the math what happens when you take it against cars in it's own PP range online. It's genuinely "Op" and really shouldn't have such low PP.

Most servers don't bother restricting weight or power and they just rely entirely on PP. Some ban Race cars but very few ban concept cars, unless they would consider the car I am about to mention a Race car.

Let me make a statement: The Suzuki GSX/R at 500pp will absolutely annhilate anything in it's path. To put things into perspective: I won the Willow Springs 10-lap challenge with a GSX/R detuned to 450pp against 650pp supercars, and it was easy.

You do the math what happens when you take it against cars in it's own PP range online. It's genuinely "Op" and really shouldn't have such low PP.
Maybe so but we are running production cars.

Back