best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
If you want to have some funny driving - Take the Chapparel 2J ... Very rewarding. But you either Drive very Defensive or you Need to Go for a Second Pit.

Now I Had Portilla doing very slow racing after an accident.

BR

Has anyone tried the Porsche GT1 for the Sardegna event ?
It’s just not feasible. Fuel economy is poor(FM1 3laps; FM6 5 laps) as it’s a road car. I haven’t ticked all engine upgrades, but at PP 782.58/739BHP/1200kg/RM it has the top speed, but less downforce than the GT3 cars, hinders making up ground in corners.

The car loses about two seconds a lap, trying to navigate traffic at the back. Loses more time due to premature tyre wear as well. Unfortunately.

Has anyone tried the Porsche GT1 for the Sardegna event ?
I’ve beaten the event but it was a two stopper due to the poor fuel consumption and tire wear, so I didn’t win by a very large margin.

The car was certainly fun to drive and it was enjoyable the whole way through, but not the best car for 800PP by any means.

Kinda sucks we can’t really do much to tune the 911 GT1 up to the specs it deserves. The race car would be much more adept at this race if it were in Gr.2.

So, here is I think quite a good tune for F1 GTR for Sardegna grind, I spent a little bit more time fine tuning it.

Izumo-class Destroyer_.jpeg

Things to buy:
  • Racing hard tyres
  • Power restrictor
  • Ballast
  • Medium RPM turbo
Setup:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617231759.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617231812.jpg

Gearbox set to 310 and only tuned 6th gear so that you don't redline on the main straight (because fuel saving):
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617231824.jpg

Time trial best lap, it can go 2-3 tenths down for sure, but I don't have the time currently:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617231712.jpg

Race time:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220617231344.jpg

Regarding strategy:
  • FM2 for first 7 laps, short shift at half bar, even 1/3 of the bar - easy to do high 1:34s and low 1:35s
  • Pit at the end of lap 7, new tyres, max refuel
  • FM4 for remaining 8 laps, also short shifting, high 1:35s and low 1:36s race pace, you will have enough fuel to do lap 14 and lap 15 at FM2 and try to set some nice lap times when the car is light
It is quite a nice drive, much better feeling than stock, still a BIT of understeer but no oversteer and much better turn in than stock. It may be a bit lively when doing time trial and pushing 110%, but in race pace it's easy and stress free.

Feel free to try and let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
That's an odd results chart. In the GR010, my best race time is about 24:43, and I was 2 laps on everybody. 1:34s and 1:35s through most of the race. I had a race that was actually a few seconds longer, still 2 laps on the field and 3 on 19th and 20th, as those guys probably had issues somewhere during the race. I've never been in the 1:33s, my best lap I can remember is 1:34.1-something.

Also, I've recut the Ford GT shenanigans video I posted in post 311 in this thread, using actual saved video clips instead of pointing my phone at the screen. Thanks to @daan for showing me the error of my ways!

Last edited:
That's an odd results chart. In the GR010, my best race time is about 24:43, and I was 2 laps on everybody. 1:34s and 1:35s through most of the race. I had a race that was actually a few seconds longer, still 2 laps on the field and 3 on 19th and 20th, as those guys probably had issues somewhere during the race. I've never been in the 1:33s, my best lap I can remember is 1:34.1-something.

Also, I've recut the Ford GT shenanigans video I posted in post 311 in this thread, using actual saved video clips instead of pointing my phone at the screen. Thanks to @daan for showing me the error of my ways!
I did a 24:10.676 earlier today, same car(GR010), and there was i think 5 cars i didn't lap twice,normal difficulty.

Last edited:
I did a 24:10.676 earlier today, same car(GR010), and there was i think 5 cars i didn't lap twice,normal difficulty.
I didn't think about the difficulty level, mine was on easy. I ran again just to check my time after posting that, and I ran a 24:33.9, my best time ever, although my fast lap in that race was 1:34.895 and was my only :34. I did have mostly :35s otherwise. I lapped the second-place car for the second time at turn 5 of my final lap. I could see the Porsche GT3, 20th place, a ways ahead when I finished.

I ran the Castrol Supra last night. 2-stop because it can't make a 1-stop even on FM6. Laps were 39s or 40s, best lap being last lap as a 38. Total time was slower than a 1-stop despite the much quicker lap times. I've run 26:01 with the RX-VISION on a 1 stop and this was a 26:14. It wasn't a perfect race at all, so it could go under 26 mins in the right hands.

It just affects AI lap times, thats why i only lapped the field one time, because i always play on hard, and wfooshee lapped everyone 2 times, even though his race time was 15 seconds slower.

Last edited:
It just affects AI lap times, thats why i only lapped the field one time, because i always play on hard, and wfooshee lapped everyone 2 times, even though his race time was 15 seconds slower.
Ok, that's what I thought.

I figure as long as my primary focus is the credit grind, make it simple. Slowly reduce driving aids and aim for good lap times is the 'challenge' part until my 'stable' is a bit more complete.

Working my way through the Gr.3 cars (as they're the most direct competition for this series) and I'm finding the BRZ to be by far the quickest. Last night I ran a 2-stop race, most laps in the 39's, a few in the 38's, and one rogue but rapid 1:37.4. Total time was 25:46...

I thought the Castrol Supra would be fairly competitive, but it struggles with fuel (1-stop didn't seem possible) and it's 2-stop pace wasn't very inspiring. Sad times.

Last edited:
Yeah, i tested almost all Gr3 cars at LeMans grind, it's no Sardegna but you can clearly see the differences. The BRZ is by far the quickest, even with lowered power output compared to some other cars (i think in PP700 setup it only has 450HP, in comparison, AMGs and some other Gr3 cars have over 500). It corners great and it can reach a crazy top speed (280-290 Kmh) where other struggle to reach 270.

Almost feels like a cheat car :D

Last edited:
So I tweaked the Mazda LM55 VGT (GR.1) to 799.30PP for Sardegna. One stop strategy the whole race only for one tank of fuel. I managed a 25:09:XXX. Car setup is capable of low 1:34's and more consistent 1:35 / 1:36. You can lap all cars once.

How to do it ? On the 7th lap you have 1.1 of fuel left, so switch from FM1 to FM6 enough for you to coast around lap 7 and 8 in lower revs, shift at half bar. On the 8th lap, pit in for fuel. If you timed it well you will just run out as you enter pit lane.

Don't change tyres. Switch up your fuel to FM1 again on exit pit lane. Its fast as you can go the rest of the time with RH tyres. This is my setup for anyone who would like to try it out. Below.

Mazda LM55-VGT-Gr.1
Performance points 799.30
Max power 628BHP
Shift between 4th - 8th gear redline each gear.
Body height adj ------ F 70 -- R 75
Anti roll bar lvl -------- F 6 ---- R 7
Damping (com) ----- F 32 -- R 32
Damping (exp) ------ F 42 -- R 42
Natural freq -------- F 4.00 - R 4.00
Negative camber -- F 3.1 -- R 2.5
Toe angle ---------- F \/ 0.10 R | | 0.00
Initial torque --------- F 10 --- R 20
Acceleration sens - F 20 -- R 40
Braking sensitivity - F 10 -- R 40
Downforce lvl ------ F 1000 -- R 1800
Ecu output ------------ 100
Ballast ------------------- 200
Ballast position ------ -50
Power restrictor ------ 98
Transmission --------Racing
Top speed --------------350 no tuning.

Last edited:
I use to race at both Spa 1h and Sardegna 15 laps.
At Spa I used the 962C with a tune made by Casperello. Now I use the Praiano tune for the CLK. The strategy at Spa is to pit at approximately lap 7 (you can see the rain coming in the meteo map) full wets, full tank. Pit again (depending on the weather) change tyres and full tank. Fuel map 1 for the whole race. Yesterday I messed things up and put hard tyres, needed to pit after 2 laps and go for 4 stops rather than 3, still won for an almost 2 minutes margin.
For Sardegna I use the Sauber C9, Praiano's tune. I usually stop for fuel only at lap 7/8, full tank. Sometimes I take a quick fuel refill or use a more economical fuel map.

@MaxPower1983 I'll give that setup a try later. Been doing some races I hadn't completed just as a change, but I'll be back to Sardegna tonight I think.

I have since changed the setup , for bit more power and slight tweaks to the suspension, ride height, dampers and anti roll bars. Car should have a little more swing around corners and less understeer but I don't know because I haven't tried it yet. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm sure both tunes are capable of 1:33 I'm just not good enough yet.

Hi,
I am now constantly around 25:00 Minutes a Race. I have regular half of the laps 1:35s. But I still haven't understood the Hybrid in the GR010 - sometimes I have Charge until lap 13, and my First Race today - Charge was empty after lap 10 ...

BR K.

Oh ... At least - but for whom? You or me? ;-)

I Just wanted to Note - that is so crazy, I have around 230 Cars in my Garage. So it has around 200 to choose from and It sends me a expensive Car to me, that has no additional use :D aß I cannot even sell IT (which would gave me a Few Gr3 Cars or my Last Missing Ford :D

Finally sub 24 with the Mazda 787b.
Setup: @Koyaga
FM3 Pit end Lap 8
New Tires and fuel
FM1 till the end of race
23:57.642
Same setup
Fm2 PIT end Lap 8
New Tires and full fuel
Fm1 till end
23:53.555

Had a crash and lost more than 3sec.
Next try sub 50

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm continuing with the Gr.3 car tests for this and tried out the Jaguar F-Type this morning. Incredibly fuel efficient for a supercharged V8! It could probably do a one-stop on FM4 with some coasting and early short-shifting. I ran a 2-stop on FM3 shifting mid-range and minimal extra fuel saving, pitted on 5 with 26% left, lap 10 25% left, gave me a 26 min flat total time - fastest behind the BRZ so far.

Greeting
i tried 700 PP Endurance race with baby redbull and won it easily
but at 800PP race i couldnt won with baby redbull even with it fuel Efficency (PIT once only for fuel)
so which is your best car for Endurance race 800 PP let say for Sardenga world touring car thats give you 485000 (15laps)

I'm continuing with the Gr.3 car tests for this and tried out the Jaguar F-Type this morning. Incredibly fuel efficient for a supercharged V8! It could probably do a one-stop on FM4 with some coasting and early short-shifting. I ran a 2-stop on FM3 shifting mid-range and minimal extra fuel saving, pitted on 5 with 26% left, lap 10 25% left, gave me a 26 min flat total time - fastest behind the BRZ so far.
Which grp3 cars have you found you can win it with? I've won with a few but will definitely buy the Jag and give it a try (hard difficulty) BRZ is definitely the quickest Gr.3 car I've found so far

Which grp3 cars have you found you can win it with? I've won with a few but will definitely buy the Jag and give it a try (hard difficulty) BRZ is definitely the quickest Gr.3 car I've found so far
I've won with every Gr.3 car I own so far.

Chevrolet Corvette
Dodge Viper
Ford Mustang
Genesis X
Jaguar F-Type
Mazda RX-Vision
Subaru BRZ
Subaru WRX
Toyota Castrol Supra

The BRZ is by far the fastest (over 15s faster than the Jag in 2nd place). They can all win on a 1-stop with FM=6, but the Supra I had to run a 2-stop because I couldn't get the 1-stop fuel mileage without serious fuel saving. I've been doing 2-stop races the last few days (BRZ, Jag, Supra, Viper, WRX) and they can be faster in the right car, but not always. I've managed a 26:00 in the F-Type on a 2-stop and 26:01 in the RX-Vision on a 1-stop...

I'll be trying the Suzuki Gr.3 and Alfa Romeo 4C when I get them (both next in line, probably the Alfa first).

The DBR-9 is as quick as the BRZ. Only his fuel consumption is more worse

Back