best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
Best car… the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 you can get for free by getting all gold in the missions for “Rolling Stone“ then slap a high torque supercharger on it, racing hards and heavy wets, good to go 👍

IMG_20220622_202829.jpg

CLK LM is a godsend.

As soon as I saw that 850pp next to the Escudo, I knew I had to give it a go - It's a really fun car for this! Not the fastest all round (Sauber is easily the best so far) but feels nimble and is definitely the quickest for me through the chicane at the third last corner. It's just a little slow on the straights which I'm sure some further tuning could fix.
Did a 25:15, 2 stop, tyres on the second stop, no fuel saving

Attachments

• Escudo standings.jpg
    Escudo standings.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Escudo tune pg 1.jpg
    Escudo tune pg 1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Escudo tune pg2.jpg
    Escudo tune pg2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 41
I managed to lap about half the field in the Sauber. Maybe my 4th time at Sardegna and 1st without TCS. Definitely had some very frustrating moments and 2 laps specifically, but it felt great to get the win! It’s a good race, pay’s a bit low even with the CRB. I’ll run it more often I think.

As soon as I saw that 850pp next to the Escudo, I knew I had to give it a go - It's a really fun car for this! Not the fastest all round (Sauber is easily the best so far) but feels nimble and is definitely the quickest for me through the chicane at the third last corner. It's just a little slow on the straights which I'm sure some further tuning could fix.
Did a 25:15, 2 stop, tyres on the second stop, no fuel saving
Slow on the straights!? We must have different Escudos… :lol:
I took the default settings. Turbocharger on, Wings Min/Max and had under 800pp.
Was a funny drive. Had the same times like u, but with 330km/h on the straights. 10 km/h faster then the 787b.

Im curios how fast it will be, after somebody tweak the settings for more grip on the front wheels in highspeed corners. :)
Maybe I get it this weekend.

Is anybody grinding Spa? I find it quite refreshing after millions of laps on Sardegna and LeMans, yes it's 1hr long and the payout is a BIT lower compared to the other two, but the race itself is much more exciting and challenging, it has everything - nice weather, sunset, night, sunrise, dry, full wet, drying track, and the track itself is my absolute favourite of all time probably, just a pure enjoyment to drive on. Even the AI is quite ok compared to other tracks. Of course, it's an easy win if you use Gr2/GT500 cars, but they are so good to drive around Spa, it's literally time trialling yourself whilst earning 1.5mil and enjoying :)

I attempted the Catalunya WTC800 thinking the strat would be the same as Sardegna - how wrong was I? Using the Z4 I used a 1-stop and ended up losing by over 20 sec, placing 6th. FM=1 the whole way round and still had 18% at the pit stop, 17% at the finish line...

Assuming the strategy for this race using a Gr.3 car is a no-stop with some minor fuel saving?

EDIT: Also assuming the strategy for all of the shorter WTC800 events is a no-stop with fuel saving? Or are the other races more reliant on car choice than Sardegna which seems relatively straightforward by comparison?

Last edited:
I attempted the Catalunya WTC800 thinking the strat would be the same as Sardegna - how wrong was I? Using the Z4 I used a 1-stop and ended up losing by over 20 sec, placing 6th. FM=1 the whole way round and still had 18% at the pit stop, 17% at the finish line...

Assuming the strategy for this race using a Gr.3 car is a no-stop with some minor fuel saving?

EDIT: Also assuming the strategy for all of the shorter WTC800 events is a no-stop with fuel saving? Or are the other races more reliant on car choice than Sardegna which seems relatively straightforward by comparison?
This race is actually quite hard. Catalunya was the first WTC800 that gave me fits no matter what I tried. The AI seems to be more aggressive on this one, maybe because of the nature of the track. It’s a one-stop strategy in a Gr3. Tire choice may matter too, depending on your approach. I’ve tried all kinds of combinations of cars and tires and out strategies, and it’s always challenging going (in a good way). I’ve found RH and max HP to be my best bet.

This race is a lot like the Human Comedy race at Maggiore in that it’s a fast track and you have to go full-tilt the whole way. If you feel like easing up a bit, try a Gr2 or Gr1 car and no stop. It’s still fun and those cars handle more reliably so it’s a little less harrowing.

Edit: I also think I won it once (maybe my first win?) in the RX Vision Stealth model with a no-stop strategy. You might give that a shot.

Last edited:
For example, the new Watkins WTC800 is easily won with a Gr2 car with no stop strategy (Lexus GT500 for example, NISMO GT500, CLK-LM...) easy on FM1, with a bit of short shifting. Try that maybe on Catalunya...

Is anybody grinding Spa? I find it quite refreshing after millions of laps on Sardegna and LeMans, yes it's 1hr long and the payout is a BIT lower compared to the other two, but the race itself is much more exciting and challenging, it has everything - nice weather, sunset, night, sunrise, dry, full wet, drying track, and the track itself is my absolute favourite of all time probably, just a pure enjoyment to drive on. Even the AI is quite ok compared to other tracks. Of course, it's an easy win if you use Gr2/GT500 cars, but they are so good to drive around Spa, it's literally time trialling yourself whilst earning 1.5mil and enjoying :)
i am grinding on that (once a week) , as you said weather change and challenging,

i will try Monster Escuda there this week

For example, the new Watkins WTC800 is easily won with a Gr2 car with no stop strategy (Lexus GT500 for example, NISMO GT500, CLK-LM...) easy on FM1, with a bit of short shifting. Try that maybe on Catalunya...
I prefer not to use Gr.2 cars against Gr.3 cars (I like the challenge of working with the same car type).
This race is actually quite hard. Catalunya was the first WTC800 that gave me fits no matter what I tried. The AI seems to be more aggressive on this one, maybe because of the nature of the track. It’s a one-stop strategy in a Gr3. Tire choice may matter too, depending on your approach. I’ve tried all kinds of combinations of cars and tires and out strategies, and it’s always challenging going (in a good way). I’ve found RH and max HP to be my best bet.

This race is a lot like the Human Comedy race at Maggiore in that it’s a fast track and you have to go full-tilt the whole way. If you feel like easing up a bit, try a Gr2 or Gr1 car and no stop. It’s still fun and those cars handle more reliably so it’s a little less harrowing.

Edit: I also think I won it once (maybe my first win?) in the RX Vision Stealth model with a no-stop strategy. You might give that a shot.
Nice one, I quite like that car. I'll give that a go! F-Type might also do it - it seems pretty rapid and good on fuel at the same time.

I prefer not to use Gr.2 cars against Gr.3 cars (I like the challenge of working with the same car type).

Nice one, I quite like that car. I'll give that a go! F-Type might also do it - it seems pretty rapid and good on fuel at the same time.
Other than grinding the more lucrative races, Catalunya is the one I keep coming back to because I have such a grudge! The challenge makes it very replayable.

I love the Jag, sound amazing, drives very nice, calm, collected and quick. Not overly friendly on fuel compared to some other Gr3 cars but certainly not the worst.

Other than grinding the more lucrative races, Catalunya is the one I keep coming back to because I have such a grudge! The challenge makes it very replayable.
It's a thoroughly enjoyable circuit. I just wish the payout was a bit higher, I'd be on it all the time!
I love the Jag, sound amazing, drives very nice, calm, collected and quick. Not overly friendly on fuel compared to some other Gr3 cars but certainly not the worst.
I found the Jag to be really good on fuel! At Sardegna on a 2-stop strategy it gives me the most fuel remaining each time by a long way! Short shifting (like 20% of the redline) and it can easily stretch the mileage.

I can confirm that the no-stop strategy works. I used the 911 RSR, FM6, lapping between 48s and 51s, RH tyres, won by over 5s. Felt like using the 911 RSR to test out a livery I'm working on - and spotted a mistake...

20220624_135649.jpg

20220624_135700.jpg

But it felt very solid and planted, and fuel was about perfect. Had 0.6 laps left as I crossed the finish line.

Last edited:
I ran it once. Twas a very frustrating experience, from lack of familiarity, weather, the night cycle that hid the pit entry, but I eked out the win. Problem is, my internet dropped as I finished and I got nada. I'll return at some point, but I'm in no hurry!

It's a thoroughly enjoyable circuit. I just wish the payout was a bit higher, I'd be on it all the time!
Me too, for sure. If the Human Comedy races continued to pay out I’d do them too. They were genuine challenges, and I can’t figure out why the AI is t that challenging all the time.

It is one of my prime races, together with Sardegna. I like Le Mans less. Spa has much variety through the weather and can be won with a 730 pp car. And I think it's one of the most interesting tracks. 1.5 mln in an hour, and enjoyable.

I haven't done any of them yet...
Totally worth the challenge. There are plenty of threads on those events here. They give one big payout but then that’s it. Just remember to set them to the hardest difficulty because of some kind of glitch. The easiest level is the hardest on those events!

Spa 1h is my preferred money-grinding event. I took the Escudo there right after buying it, only to realize 15 minutes in that the car has NO headlights. I had to follow the racing line around for about 22 minutes, where over half the course was in total darkness.

Thankfully, I have run the 1h event there probably 40-50 times, so I was familiar enough with the track that I was able to keep the lead until daybreak.

That will be the Suzuki's one and only attempt at this particular race. :ouch:

Spa 1h is my preferred money-grinding event. I took the Escudo there right after buying it, only to realize 15 minutes in that the car has NO headlights. I had to follow the racing line around for about 22 minutes, where over half the course was in total darkness.

Thankfully, I have run the 1h event there probably 40-50 times, so I was familiar enough with the track that I was able to keep the lead until daybreak.

That will be the Suzuki's one and only attempt at this particular race. :ouch:
that too bad, i was planning to pick Escuda but with light problem i will cancel the plan,
so which is your fav. car at SPA

CLK-LM is extremely fun to drive at Spa. Also, McLaren F1 is great to, but you can use any Gr2/GT500 car for an easy win, try the Praiano tuned Lexus GT500, it's probably the best handling car to date, in my opinion.

that too bad, i was planning to pick Escuda but with light problem i will cancel the plan,
so which is your fav. car at SPA
I don't know that I have a favorite. I've got an 800pp tune on about 20 different cars just for Spa. When I want a super easy 60 minute cruise for a guaranteed 1.5M credits, I find the CLK-LM, Sauber C9, and 787B as the go-to vehicles.

The Bugatti VGT Gr1 is also a lot of fun. It's low on power and straight line speed, but you can absolutely toss it through the corners.

My first run with the McLaren F1 GTR long tail two nights ago was smooth, so it might see more time in my rotation of Spa cars.

I don't know that I have a favorite. I've got an 800pp tune on about 20 different cars just for Spa. When I want a super easy 60 minute cruise for a guaranteed 1.5M credits, I find the CLK-LM, Sauber C9, and 787B as the go-to vehicles.

The Bugatti VGT Gr1 is also a lot of fun. It's low on power and straight line speed, but you can absolutely toss it through the corners.

My first run with the McLaren F1 GTR long tail two nights ago was smooth, so it might see more time in my rotation of Spa cars.
thanks for sharing your experience :cheers:

There is a 962C in the legend dealership now, go buy that if you haven't already and set it up for PP800 with the Praiano tune, it's amazing.

Back