best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
The CLK GTR is actually one of the nicest to drive around Sardenga. Really good top speed and corners well but needs 2 stops. I just did a high 25 min with it.
For easy and fast wins I run the CLK as well. The Porsche is nicer to drive and is also a certain win but slower.

Gotta agree, just tried it today with the Supra and BRZ 21 and had a blast, fun race and not at all difficult. Won with 1 pit on RM, did 26:03 and 26:09. It is enough to win on hard

@Koyaga I finally got my hands on the 787B, it is a monster!!! Also retired the LM55.

Bought the Jaguar XJR-9 and ran a 24:30 on Sardegna which was good for me, chopping 12s off my best with the LM55. Then got the 787B and ran 24:28. I'll use this until I get all the invitation buys out of the way before buying the GR010 but who knows, I might get bored and pull the trigger early on it.

It's worth it.. In my opinion one of the best Gr1 ever.... Alternatively.. I'm the current Gr2 Nissan/Honda/Lexus, they're also great in the 800PP class.
I've been using the Gr.2 GT-R GT500 '08 for the Sardegna race. I have to pit around lap 12-13 for fuel. You can run RH tires and not have to change them. If you run RM tires, you can make it that far (lap 12-13) and change them when you refuel. I run it at FM 6 and easily win. I usually lap half the field.

For Watkins Glen, I was using the same car. But I just ran a race there using the Red Bull Junior car and won. I was almost 7 seconds ahead of 2nd place. And that was with a spin and big off at the chicane. I ran on FM 1, RH tires, and didn't have to pit. The fuel got down to below half, but never low enough that it mattered. And my tires were barely showing red at the end, even with the spin and a bit of sliding into corners by going in too hot a few times. I didn't change any settings on the car.

I'll get under 24 minutes at Sardegna one of these days :dopey:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220704194353.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220704194353.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 78
Using a combination of the Mazda 787B, the Chaparrel 2J, the F-1500T-A, the Escudo Pikes Peak, and 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500 (the Group 2 car). All of which were easy wins at Sardegna.

Last edited:
Anyone tried the Radical? Keen to know if it has the legs to win the 800PP races...
I wouldn’t run the Radical in 800pp races it can’t really hang, at ,East not consistently that I’ve found. If you’re up for a challenge then give it a whirl. I’d recommend a well tuned Gr.3 or better yet a detuned Gr.2 if it’s a race where fuel consumption is a factor.

anybody tried 919 hybrid "Porsche"
i am thinking of buying it
share your experience
919 Hybrid is a good useful car, but I find myself using the GR010 more as it’s a more enjoyable drive of the modern Gr.1 cars IMO. I’m slightly biased towards Toyota though, full disclosure.

I wouldn’t run the Radical in 800pp races it can’t really hang, at ,East not consistently that I’ve found. If you’re up for a challenge then give it a whirl. I’d recommend a well tuned Gr.3 or better yet a detuned Gr.2 if it’s a race where fuel consumption is a factor.
I've managed a load of easy wins with tuned Gr.3 cars at Sardegna. The radical might be a challenge but I'm going to give it a go (once Covid has decided to leave me alone!)

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it; best car for Sardegna is the Petronas Lexus. RH no need for tire change, pit on lap 8 for some fuel. Can do 1:39

Get under 26:00 easily and if I could do a perfect race I think I could lap the second place car on the final lap.

Finally - I think WE all can agreed on IT ... With Most Gr1 Cars IT is easy to win - IT IS Just a question, If you want more fun or more efficiency. Most Gr3 Cars will also win, With some.small modifications. If you choose between this Parameters - you will ein more or less easy

BR K.

Most of Gr1 and Gr2 are a easy one or no-stop wins, you can also win easily with the Gr3 car but with 2 stops. So there is no "best" car for this track, only the one that suits the driver the most, or the one that he is having the most fun in.

I don't drive this track with the GR010, because I always finish below 24 mins and it's so boring that i fall asleep. But, when using the 88 Jag, or 787B, or any other car in that range, you can just do a one stop full push quali pace laps and try to time trial yourself throughout the race, and finish below 24 mins. It's doable, but it's a challenge for sure, unlike with the GR010.

Hi,
What Equipment do you use? I assume, that I am about 1 to 1.5 Seconds faster With a wheel (which I don't own anymore).

I am using Standard PS4 Controller and I am 100% of my GR010 Races faster than 25:10, about 10% of my Races end 24:50 - 25:00

My biggest Problem is: nö Charge left in laps 14 and 15 ... Then my laptimes drop to catastrophic 1:44-1:47 :D

BR K.

What Equipment do you use? I assume, that I am about 1 to 1.5 Seconds faster With a wheel (which I don't own anymore).

I am using Standard PS4 Controller and I am 100% of my GR010 Races faster than 25:10, about 10% of my Races end 24:50 - 25:00
I've done 23:55 with the GR010 using PS4 controller stick steering. I'll give it a try with the wheel some time.

OK ... Then you are either drastically better than me or you habe a much better Setup :D
I did 23:59 with this setup:

I switched to the racing gearbox and did 23:55. Those are 0 stop times, looking at my post below that one I think it needed fuel mix 2 and short shifting to do it with 0 stops.

With this kind of power you can do it in FM1, but short shift as soon as the bar appears. The main thing is to trail brake a bit more, to preserve the hybrid energy and don't run out near the end of the race.

OK ... Then you are either drastically better than me or you habe a much better Setup :D
I just drove it with controller then wheel with the same setup. I did 23:54.9 with controller then 23:55.6 with wheel. The reason it was slower is because if you make a slight mistake on corner exit and slide the rear, it's slower to correct with a wheel, so I lost time with a couple of small slides. However, there's something wrong with my wheel setup, the frame rate feels horrible, so I need to mess about to try to work out what is causing that, it might be that I'll be faster with the wheel if I can fix that. At the moment it feels horribly disconnected from the car, whereas the controller feels much more connected.

Hi,
Never experienced this behaviour, but never Tried wheel With GT7 - my Last experience was With GT5 (If I remember right). But Sound you Need to do more Setup Work with the Gear.

BR K.

I've been experimenting with the GR010 some more. I'm now convinced it's faster to optimise for a 1 stop rather than a 0 stop. I just did 23:45, which is faster than I've ever gone with a 0 stop, and I'm sure the setup can be improved more, and I'm not the fastest of drivers, haven't even managed to get gold in the new time trial yet (after a fair bit of trying).

Sardegna 800 GR010 1 stop 1.jpg

Sardegna 800 GR010 1 stop 2.jpg

Sardegna 800 GR010 1 stop 3.jpg

Last edited:
Back