Best car chase in a movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter tabs
  • 36 comments
  • 1,809 views
Messages
2,421
United States
Southern California
I just saw a thread about Bullit and it gave me this idea, hope no one has done it yet.

What are some of the best car chases of all time??

Ronin
Bullitt
Gone in 60 Seconds (original one)
Matrix Reloaded

I'll think of more later
 
I have to agree with Bullit and Matrix Reloaded (I haven't seen Ronin or the original Gone in 60 Seconds).

Another good chase is in The French Connection, where Detective Doyle(?) was chasing the train.
 
Im gonna have to remind us all of one of the greatest car chase movies ever.
The Blues Brothers

I mean for real, when was the last time you saw a car chase through a shopping mall? :lol:
 
Actually, there is a thread on this already. Search for "chase" on this board and see what turns up.
 
The Italian Job with the Mini's rocks'
 
I'll have to say Italian Job and Ronin

but for greatest chase scene of all time, I'd HAVE to say the chase scene in Xenosaga - trust me, it's a truely amazing if you ever get a chance to see it.
 
Ronin 👍
Romancing The Stone, with the LiL' Mule (or Ford Bronco for those who havent seen it) and the old army Jeeps
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Actually, there is a thread on this already. Search for "chase" on this board and see what turns up.
sorry :guilty:
 
Originally posted by GoKents
Im gonna have to remind us all of one of the greatest car chase movies ever.
The Blues Brothers

I mean for real, when was the last time you saw a car chase through a shopping mall? :lol:



I will definitely agree with that GoKents. Both of the movies had astounding car chases in them. Great choice. Cop pileups are squishy. :D
 
Bullitt
French Connection
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Dr. No (It had three)
Cobra
Ronin
Bourne Identity
Romancing the Stone
Beverly Hills Cop (intro)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (I & III)

The Rock had a good chase scene, but it was ruined by the retarded constant zooming in and out and shaking of the camera.

A lot other James Bond flicks had great car chase scenes, but the best car chase scene/s was in Dr. No, IMO.

There are a couple of movies that have the entire movie based on a car chase, but I didn't consider them.
 
Oh and Jackie Chan Who Am I. When they were in that Evo being chased by the two Mercedes and the cops.
 
Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
Oh and Jackie Chan Who Am I. When they were in that Evo being chased by the two Mercedes and the cops.
Yeah, that one was awesome. And the fight at the end was great.

Solid Lifters, I also really liked the tank chase in Goldeneye.
 
I also really liked the tank chase in Goldeneye.

It's funny watching those little Fiats getting flattened by that tank
 
Originally posted by GoKents
Im gonna have to remind us all of one of the greatest car chase movies ever.
The Blues Brothers

I mean for real, when was the last time you saw a car chase through a shopping mall? :lol:

i totally agree. best car chase ever. best MOVIE ever
 
When I think of car chases I'll always picture Chunk from the Goonies squashed up against the window, and the scene where the jeep overtakes all the 4x4's on the beach.

Smokey and the Bandit had some great car chases
 
Yeah, the tank was awesome. So was the DB5 chasing the Ferrari. That part was funny. And I also fell in love with Xenia when she pulls the Ferrari out of that spin.

My vote goes for Ronin as the best ever. The Peugot chasing the BMW. But my favorite car in that movie was, hands down, the Audi S8.

Also, another one that I didn't even think of until recently was the Terminator series. You don't really think of car chases when you think of those movies. But every one of them have some pretty good chases. Part 3 was the best. The part with the crane & the fire truck. 👍
 
Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
It's funny watching those little Fiats getting flattened by that tank

Check out the original Italian Job, for some Fiat H8in' action, y0!
 
I know. On MI:2 when there is that race with the Audi TT and the BMW Z3.
 
Driven - when those F1 cars race through the Chicago streets at night time.

And everything else mentioned thus far. Damn you guys took the movies right out of my fingers hehe..
 
Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
I know. On MI:2 when there is that race with the Audi TT and the BMW Z3.

It was a TT versus a Boxster ;)
 
Originally posted by emad
I'll have to say Italian Job and Ronin

but for greatest chase scene of all time, I'd HAVE to say the chase scene in Xenosaga - trust me, it's a truely amazing if you ever get a chance to see it.

:odd:

I must've missed that with over 70 hours played. Enlighten me chaach.

Best chase scene eh.

Watch the French Film taxi, it's basically one big car chase scene.
 
The scenes off of Vanishing Point I thought were good if you could call them car chases.
Again if you can call it a car chase, but the ultimate has to be Le Mans, I mean, how can you beat a car chase with a Porsche 917 hunting down a Ferrari 512 :O .
 
Fire truck vs crane vs van in Terminator 3 - some good old fashioned destruction :)

EDIT: Oh. And then there's the car chase in Police Story (Jackie Chan), when they drive through, quite literally, the village on the mountainside. Quite awesome!
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
:odd:

I must've missed that with over 70 hours played. Enlighten me chaach.

Best chase scene eh.

Watch the French Film taxi, it's basically one big car chase scene.

In xenosaga right after ziggy frees momo and they have the hyperspace scene (just prior to when they all meet). Damn, it's been so long, I've started to forget character names :p. Either way, the scene was a good 15 minutes of pure action. I liked it.

Taxi was a good suggestion - loved the movie :D

I really loved the intro to Transporter as well. The final one was good, but the first one just had a major cool factor to it.
 
Back