Best Car For Drifting w/ Tuned Settings

• Thread starter Jager673
  • 59 comments
Unoath
Unoath
I usually drift with the EVO X (cheating car) i really like how it handles corners and how it grips right after the corner. I would like to start drifting with higher PP cars, if anyone could suggest me a car with some tuned settings (which i will mess around with) to try, then that would be great. I will post a video of myself once i get one recorded which will be tonight, so you can get more of an idea of what to suggest. :)

Thanks!

M3 is pretty good for drifting, i just got rank 5 with mine on pro suzuka east drift trial.

N1/N1 is generally better as it keeps the car more balanced. Basically best thing to do is take a car like the M3, put on some N1 tires on both sides, see what you can do. If you don't like the car because its quite heavy, try an RX7 with around max power instead still N1/N1.

N2/N1 doesn't really make much difference.

Both the regular and opera performance 350z drift like champs. The tuned viper can be very interesting, and the nsx is fun. I aslo like the tuned cap after you tune out some of the understeer you get.

Don't use an Evo X, quite simple, if you want to use and AWD you need to have tires like S1/N1 and alot of power. RWDs make much better drifts once you can control them.

For anyone who has the GT DF wheel what settings in the wheel config menu are best to simulate real force feedback driving or close to it?

I'm using DFP with power steering enabled, simlulation mode, force feedback on 3. I find it really good for drifting.

Don't use an Evo X, quite simple, if you want to use and AWD you need to have tires like S1/N1 and alot of power. RWDs make much better drifts once you can control them.

The R8 and Tuned EvoX can be drifted standard with N2 front and N1 rear tires, with ease. I can get 10000points easily in either car on eiger.
Though with my M3 I've managed close to 13000points.

I can post my M3 setup if people are interested.

The R8 and Tuned EvoX can be drifted standard with N2 front and N1 rear tires, with ease. I can get 10000points easily in either car on eiger.
Though with my M3 I've managed close to 13000points.

I can post my M3 setup if people are interested.

I have about 15 top 10 rankings right now, i know AWDs can be drifted on staggered tires (S1/N1 will get you more angle). But its just not the same sensation. AWD is banned in events like D1GP because of how easy it is to drift in AWD cars.

I have about 15 top 10 rankings right now, i know AWDs can be drifted on staggered tires (S1/N1 will get you more angle). But its just not the same sensation. AWD is banned in events like D1GP because of how easy it is to drift in AWD cars.

On a tight technical circuit, or loooong corners it's much harder to drift an AWD. Steering into turns instead of opposite lock etc. makes it harder not easier. There are some AWD drifters in Norway, and they have a harder time then the RWD drivers.

not really i find it so much more easyer on a tight circuit with awd it is close impossible to spin win awd car because the front is always pulled if they are banned from the d1gp series there is reason lol

not really i find it so much more easyer on a tight circuit with awd it is close impossible to spin win awd car because the front is always pulled if they are banned from the d1gp series there is reason lol

My bad, forgot to mention that my comment were for the real world, not GT5P.

Why do you think WRC drivers can throw their cars around hairpins so fast and so easily, with the correct torque split and tire compounds, its incredibly easy to control the car. RWDs are better to pull off large drifts, but AWDs are easier to control and correct. Tracks like Ebisu south would be an absolute doddle in the D1GP circuit if AWD was allowed.

Why do you think WRC drivers can throw their cars around hairpins so fast and so easily, with the correct torque split and tire compounds, its incredibly easy to control the car. RWDs are better to pull off large drifts, but AWDs are easier to control and correct. Tracks like Ebisu south would be an absolute doddle in the D1GP circuit if AWD was allowed.

I'll use my right to disagree.

I currently am trying out the Ford Mustang GT V8 as my 2nd best drift car! :) It is quite a beast to handle but it can be tamed ;)

The settings i use are manji and feint based. It also is not that recommended if all you want is higher points :)

HP: 409 (+28)
Weight: 1385 (85)
Tires: N1 F/R

Ride Height: -5mm F/ -10mmR
Spring Rate: 4F/3R
Damper: 3F/4R
Toe: 0.05+F / -0.05R
Camber Angle: 0.2F / 0.5R
Brake Balance: 4 F/ 8R

Max. Turning Angle: 45
TCS: off
ABS: off

Transmission:
1st gear: 3.129
2nd gear: 2.181
3rd gear: 1.459
4th gear: 1.077
5th gear: 0.710
Final Gear: 3.310

I drift on Professional settings with my Sixaxis :)

Hope someone found this useful!

UPDATE

kumakubo uses a evo 9 in the D1GP which is an AWD

...unless he made it a RWD :boggled:

in d1gp, the drivers are obligated to have rwd cars, therefore he turned his lancer into a RWD car

and for a drift car, i like both the ferrari 512BB and the Amuse/Opera 350z

It is undoubtedly RWD, I remember reading an article on it. Also remember the orange 06' STI used by the Yuke's team, that too was converted to RWD. With the amount of customization going into these cars its not a big deal to disconnect the front driveshafts. Also I've seen a couple RWD R34's too.

Oh and obviously my favorite car to drift is the 350z and the Opera Z. I am DYING to play the full game, because my Volk GTS rims are in the game! :) They are the rims on the Tuned Evo X. I can't wait to buy a Z in the game and buy my rims to put on it, just hope they let you pick the rim color for each model. ALSO I really really hope they will have different offsets for different cars, If I buy my rims I expect to have the big sexy lip in the rear. If it comes with the offsets like on the Evo X I'll cry.

I REALLY hope they get some D1 S15s in there... that'd be sweet! They must have as S13 240sx as well; I own one :D

Back