Best car for World Classic Race

  • Thread starter Thread starter r3dsk4r3
  • 49 comments
  • 8,496 views
i used that mercury that u get for super license cuz i didnt wanna go buy a car that car is actually really good its got good accel. top speed and cornering i thot it was a bucket at first
 
that AC 427 Cobra -- was a b***h!! if i'd have known that you could enter, exit then reenter til you get an even field -- i would have done that. To win the race, I used a 69 stigray, and beefed that thing to the max -- still gave me troubles winning the race!
 
I used the Ginette G4 completely stock. I had to enter and leave a few times until there was no Cobra or Buick in the race and was able to have some good competition from the other cars and actually earn some nice A-spec points.
 
I used the G4 modded a bit. There were no muscle cars in my series so it was a breeze.
 
jake11375
Buick Special here too. Tricked it out to 870 some odd hp. Only track I had problems with was Nurb and the AC cobra. Didn't have enough cash for a suspension upgrade (flat broke after the supercharger) and the Special gets real floaty at high speeds without it...

Racing this car on the Ring was actually a lot of fun for me. Lot's of pressure because of the top speed sections, but it was still a lot of fun. I had a nice margin, but passing on this course is a b**** especially with a big ol' muscle car. I didn't pass the Cougar lead car until about 1/4 of the way through the course.

Man, the Ring is such an awesome course!
 
DEO3
That series has two spoiler cars which are almost always in the field, the AC Cobra and the Buick Special. Both are totaly out of whack with the rest of the field and totaly ruin what could've been one of the most fun series in the game.

But!

I found if you join and leave the series enough times you'll eventualy get a field with neither car, so my recommendation to you is not to buy some muscle car and spend all your money on it just to beat one of the afore mentioned spoiler cars, but to instead buy whatever classic car you want and just enter and reenter and reenter untill you find that neither the Cobra or the Buick Special are in the field, the race is much more enjoyable that way.

That's one of the bests tips I've heard on a race series. Brings the fun back into that race as far as I'm concerned. Thank!
 
r3dsk4r3
On to the supercar race...

I'm trying to beat the missions #21-24, that way I can get a zonda, and hopefully beat the supercar race, not sure how it will compare.
 
jamezracer
I'm trying to beat the missions #21-24, that way I can get a zonda, and hopefully beat the supercar race, not sure how it will compare.

Odds are good you won't be able to use it. Unless it is a production car. Which I doubt. :confused:
 
Cahparral 2j race car. pricy but can participate in alot of other events. 1067 hp. 220 in straights
 
stealth
Cahparral 2j race car. pricy but can participate in alot of other events. 1067 hp. 220 in straights
But is it a Production Car?
 
i could have swore i used it in that race mabey i didnt if i lird sorry for the false info but go pick up the car anyway
 
BaronCAD
But is it a Production Car?
You do not require a production car for this series, just one made in, or prior to 1970, and does not have race tires.
 
I know its a little off subject, but how the heck do u unlock the Challenger in this game?
 
DEO3
I found if you join and leave the series enough times you'll eventualy get a field with neither car, so my recommendation to you is not to buy some muscle car and spend all your money on it just to beat one of the afore mentioned spoiler cars, but to instead buy whatever classic car you want and just enter and reenter and reenter untill you find that neither the Cobra or the Buick Special are in the field, the race is much more enjoyable that way.

Does this affect your Winning percentage? This would cost you in GT3.
 
Rock777
I know its a little off subject, but how the heck do u unlock the Challenger in this game?
theres not a challenger just 2 chargers '70 440r/t and '71 426 hemi super bee
 
[QUOTE='85fierogt]theres not a challenger just 2 chargers '70 440r/t and '71 426 hemi super bee[/QUOTE]
DODGE Charger 440r/t '70 - You can buy it?
DODGE Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - Win the New York 200 miles Endurance Race
 
Back