Best Cars for Advancing in the Game/Making Money

• Thread starter slow_rider
  • 17 comments
United States
United States
I'm not sure if this thread will make sense to anyone other than myself, but here goes:

I'm not that great at racing video games, but I love cars. When I bought GT5 I found a handful of cars that gave me a distinct advantage (borderline-cheating) over the AI in most racing events (Lotus Elise, Red Bull X, Chaparral 2J, NSX, Astra, etc.), so I was able to win a lot of races and make enough money to purchase the other cars that I actually wanted.

Now I've got a bigger list of cars that I want in GT6, and was wondering if there are any cars that are useful in multiple racing events. I've got $2 million saved up and want to make sure I buy useful vehicles with it.

TL;DR summary: I need to know which GT6 cars have the best speed, handling, and price tag in order to compensate for my lack of manual dexterity.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

For making money definetly do the Red bull standard events but cars that can earn you money... I guess the Toyota TS030, that car easily win most S class races. Anyways good luck on finding a good car 👍

Edit: Cars you win from challenges and events can also be very useful

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this thread will make sense to anyone other than myself, but here goes:

I'm not that great at racing video games, but I love cars. When I bought GT5 I found a handful of cars that gave me a distinct advantage (borderline-cheating) over the AI in most racing events (Lotus Elise, Red Bull X, Chaparral 2J, NSX, Astra, etc.), so I was able to win a lot of races and make enough money to purchase the other cars that I actually wanted.

Now I've got a bigger list of cars that I want in GT6, and was wondering if there are any cars that are useful in multiple racing events. I've got $2 million saved up and want to make sure I buy useful vehicles with it.

TL;DR summary: I need to know which GT6 cars have the best speed, handling, and price tag in order to compensate for my lack of manual dexterity.

Do Red Bull Standard championship once you unlock it, best cars for the money are

Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 - Cr. 125,000 - 550PP
SRT Viper SRT-10 ACR '08 - Cr. 100,000 - 580PP
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09 - Cr. 180,000 - 574PP
Tommykaira ZZ-II '00 - Cr. 100,000 - 570PP
Ford GT '06 - Cr. 150,000 - 570PP
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI T.M. Edition SCP '00 - Cr. 30,000 - 470PP
Any GT3 Car - Cr. 300,000 - 350,000 - 600PP

In the latter part of the game (International A) on wards you'll find that many super-cars (that have been slightly tuned) will work effectively in many Lm races. Perhaps the most effective is the Mclaren Mp4-12c, being relatively cheap and having a large amount of power it provides an effective way to get rich quick.

I use the 1988 Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo a. It's one of my favorite cars in the game. It's cheap, can be heavily modified, and it's pp range can go rom something as slow as 400 pp to up to 520+ pp. Very versatile car.
P.S. Give it the sports exhaust and it sound amazing!

If you repeatedly do the seasonal events you can earn so much money that any car below 2 million credits is easily obtainable. I am currently doing the expert seasonal @ reverse autumn ring a lot. In a 5-lap race that takes about 7:30-8:00 minutes you get about 330K credits. So in less than 1 hour you have those 2M credits and the track is damn fun to drive as well!

My recommended cars for that event :
KTM X-BOW Street '12
KTM X-BOW R '12
Light Car Company Rocket '07
Honda NSX Type R '02
McLaren F1 '94
Ford GT40 Mark I '66

Seasonal event : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-spec-expert-level-mr-challenge-autumn-ring-reverse.323825/

I like Jason's list except for the GT3 cars which I'm not much of a fan for. To add to the list I would get the premium NSX type R 02, 458, Shelby series 1, and Enzo. If you need to make money the fastest would be Megan race car quick match when u finally get to race. I've received more that $600,000 for first. Even in last place I received around $240,000 with a field of 12. Since its been up I've made almost $50mil.

I like Jason's list except for the GT3 cars which I'm not much of a fan for. To add to the list I would get the premium NSX type R 02, 458, Shelby series 1, and Enzo. If you need to make money the fastest would be Megan race car quick match when u finally get to race. I've received more that $600,000 for first. Even in last place I received around $240,000 with a field of 12. Since its been up I've made almost $50mil.
I think the NSX is too expensive for its performance, 120K for a 470PP. A McLaren 12C would be better than an Enzo in terms of value for money

I think the NSX is too expensive for its performance, 120K for a 470PP. A McLaren 12C would be better than an Enzo in terms of value for money

On paper I would have to agree but I've been doing that reverse autumn ring seasonal with a few dozen cars so far and for some reason the car that gave me the quickest finish was the NSX Type R (beating both the 12C and the Enzo). Of course a lot depends on track, tire setup and such but that NSX is a blast to drive and it sticks to the road very good even with the base tune. A list of all the cars I used in that event can be found here (reply nr 80) :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tumn-ring-reverse.323825/page-3#post-10469392

I also do realize that 579 pp is as far as it goes for the NSX and both the 12C and Enzo can be brought up to near 650 pp if not more. Of course each car has its own league and the NSX shines at pp values that are a bit lower than where the Enzo and the 12C shine (which are both more near the Mercedes Vision GT range which you can get for free anyway).

In the end like I said it's very easy to farm credits with the current seasonal so I suggest to each new player to just buy cars that shine in a certain aspect of the game, get them all! When you get 330K credits in 8 minutes driving what's the point of thoughtful considering whether or not to buy a car that costs 120K? Buy it and try it! The NSX, the 12C, the Enzo... they are all great cars. Heck even the old Alpine A110 15th Anniv (in its own league) won me a lot of races in the earlier stages of career mode. Even if a car you don't know and try out 'sucks', think about it this way, it can still be a fun challenge to do some events with more difficult cars in the future. For me that's the most fun part of the game right now, have a lot of cars in the garage and if a fun seasonal pops up then I drive it with a lot of different cars.

Anyway for most of the events in International A & Super series I think I used the Mazda 787B Stealth & the GT-R R34 Touring Car. With those you can win about everything there quite easy. But there are so many other valuable cars as well.

If the OP is still in carreer mode and lacking credits to buy cars I strongly suggest to take a break from it and do that seasonal race a few times as well, money will come rolling in very fast and easy. Other credit farms like the Red Bull series will not go away (unlike this seasonal) so take advantage of it while it lasts. :)

On paper I would have to agree but I've been doing that reverse autumn ring seasonal with a few dozen cars so far and for some reason the car that gave me the quickest finish was the NSX Type R (beating both the 12C and the Enzo). Of course a lot depends on track, tire setup and such but that NSX is a blast to drive and it sticks to the road very good even with the base tune. A list of all the cars I used in that event can be found here (reply nr 80) :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tumn-ring-reverse.323825/page-3#post-10469392

I also do realize that 579 pp is as far as it goes for the NSX and both the 12C and Enzo can be brought up to near 650 pp if not more. Of course each car has its own league and the NSX shines at pp values that are a bit lower than where the Enzo and the 12C shine (which are both more near the Mercedes Vision GT range which you can get for free anyway).

In the end like I said it's very easy to farm credits with the current seasonal so I suggest to each new player to just buy cars that shine in a certain aspect of the game, get them all! When you get 330K credits in 8 minutes driving what's the point of thoughtful considering whether or not to buy a car that costs 120K? Buy it and try it! The NSX, the 12C, the Enzo... they are all great cars. Heck even the old Alpine A110 15th Anniv (in its own league) won me a lot of races in the earlier stages of career mode. Even if a car you don't know and try out 'sucks', think about it this way, it can still be a fun challenge to do some events with more difficult cars in the future. For me that's the most fun part of the game right now, have a lot of cars in the garage and if a fun seasonal pops up then I drive it with a lot of different cars.

Anyway for most of the events in International A & Super series I think I used the Mazda 787B Stealth & the GT-R R34 Touring Car. With those you can win about everything there quite easy. But there are so many other valuable cars as well.

If the OP is still in carreer mode and lacking credits to buy cars I strongly suggest to take a break from it and do that seasonal race a few times as well, money will come rolling in very fast and easy. Other credit farms like the Red Bull series will not go away (unlike this seasonal) so take advantage of it while it lasts. :)
But the RB Standard champ is the best way to earn credits AFAIK, giving 2 mil in <40 minutes

Isn't that a one time reward? I didn't even finish it myself, I think I stopped right after the cart challenge and gave the next round 1 try (which wasn't exactly easy IIRC). I might give it another try tonight.

Isn't that a one time reward? I didn't even finish it myself, I think I stopped right after the cart challenge and gave the next round 1 try (which wasn't exactly easy IIRC). I might give it another try tonight.
No, only the fan car time attack is a 1 time reward

Megane Quick Match. ~250k if you come in last place.

Street car: Ferrari 458 (although I'm sure a GTR will work just as well)

~610 pp race car: Audi LMS ultra Team Phoenix '12
Most GT3 cars will work. GT500s are more expensive and slower.

~700 pp race car: Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
The best part is that it's insanely fast and FREE! (if you did the seasonal event)
But if you have to blow 2mil on a LMP, get a Sauber C9 or Mazda 787b or R8 or Pescarolo. R18 and TS030 are too slow.

Renault Megane Trophy quick match is best form grinding. 230k prize for LAST PLACE. No wonder people often sit it out and let money roll in.

Renault Megane Trophy quick match is best form grinding. 230k prize for LAST PLACE. No wonder people often sit it out and let money roll in.

Really? I didnt know that.
I always race no matter where i finish.
So they just join quick race and come back in a couple of hours to see they earned some cash?

Back