Best cars out of the box (No tuning required) ?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi
I was wondering what the best cars are before they are tuned.
Does anyone have any favourites that handle well and are fun to drive right out of he box?
Thanks

4wd cars seem more forgiving and easy, MR cars harder, as the PP goes up they are harder. FR cars Ok at lower PP levels or with a more balanced weight distribution, over 55/45 means worse characteristics.

I'd have to say most of the 90s JDM cars. Notable highlights include the R34 GT-R, the FD RX-7s, S2000, NSX-R... pretty standard stuff but they're standard answers because they really are that good. They all have impeccable response turning in, are soft enough to be forgiving and stiff enough to be responsive.

The S2000 is one of the most beautifully balanced cars out of the box, in every sense of the word. Everything works together in beautiful harmony in the car bone stock. It just feels so right that if you change any setting without changing others, i.e. you change power and spring rates without changing the other, it'd feel like you were ruining the car. It's one of the most fun cars to drive out of the box.

The R34 just doesn't seem at all bothered by road surface imperfections, almost like you're steamrolling all the bumps and imperfections even on rumble strips on the edges of the track. It's not numb; you definitely feel it, but it doesn't affect the car's direction or require much of any corrections on your part.

I have a real soft spot for JDM cars in that era, so take this with a pinch of salt. But because they're limited to advertising 276HP at that period in time, they really had to make the car perform in other areas, one of which is handling. I feel as if a lot of the R&D of cars in that time went into balancing everything in the car to match the power they had, simply because they knew they couldn't go way too over 276HP, so it's easy to tune suspensions, differentials, etc., to make the most of it.

The Shuichi Shigeno AE86 is really nice!

maxresdefault.jpg

The Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69 (347PP). The smooth handling and fantastic grip provided by the CS tyres makes this car a joy to drive stock.

The BMW M3 GTR '03 is one of my favourites stock, and as a bonus, the exhaust note really gets my Buttkicker working.

Attachments

• car_86_46737_555f181e1bfa8.jpg
    car_86_46737_555f181e1bfa8.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest Posts

Back