Best cheap car in GT5

United States
United States
RecordBreakerCF
Out of all the cars that can be purchased from the dealership, which one is the best cheap one (meaning much less money that many cars in the game)?

I'm assuming you're just starting? I found the Civics to be nice for the price. There's also a 19,000 dollar Mazda, so if you buy a 1,000 dollar upgrade, you get the penniless trophy.

I'm assuming you're just starting? I found the Civics to be nice for the price. There's also a 19,000 dollar Mazda, so if you buy a 1,000 dollar upgrade, you get the penniless trophy.
I'm not just starting, I got Gran Turismo 5 on February 23, 2012, which was 16th birthday, I think I also got MLB 11 The Show that same day too, and I was asking a good question.

I'm not just starting, I got Gran Turismo 5 on February 23, 2012, which was 16th birthday, I think I also got MLB 11 The Show that same day too, and I was asking a good question.
I never said it was a bad question, but since you're not just starting, I need to know a few things:

Road car or race?
If road, do you want something in the low, medium, or high performance range?
If race, do you want LMP, GT300, GT500, touring cars, etc.
What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay?

I need to know this before recommending a car.

I never said it was a bad question, but since you're not just starting, I need to know a few things:

Road car or race?
If road, do you want something in the low, medium, or high performance range?
If race, do you want LMP, GT300, GT500, touring cars, etc.
What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay?

I need to know this before recommending a car.

Race car
High performance
LMP

There are no LMP in that price range. Your best bet for a race car would probably be to buy the Lexus IS F '07, and Racing Mod it, it' ll run you around 166,500. No where near an LMP, but a fun one, I had all the RM cars.

There are no LMP in that price range. Your best bet for a race car would probably be to buy the Lexus IS F '07, and Racing Mod it, it' ll run you around 166,500. No where near an LMP, but a fun one, I had all the RM cars.

My mistake, why did I thought in my own mind that there's LMPs in that price range, when then isn't any? Yeah, the Lexus IS F '07 would probably be the best bet for a race car, even though I have an Audi RS6 Avant '08 that has like 956 horsepower and goes 283 MPH, it is not qualified as a race car for some reason.

My mistake, why did I thought in my own mind that there's LMPs in that price range, when then isn't any? Yeah, the Lexus IS F '07 would probably be the best bet for a race car, even though I have an Audi RS6 Avant '08 that has like 956 horsepower and goes 283 MPH, it is not qualified as a race car for some reason.
I like that car a lot, but IIRC it can' t be racing modded, so isn't considered one. Mine kept up with some of the lower end race cars though.

Back