Best Cheat Device For GT4 ?

• Thread starter integlspwr
  • 92 comments
Ryosuke_Gumna
All licenses for AR Max works like charm.

Hey bro,
I was trying to unlock the licenses, however, it didn't work for me.
Someone told me that I still have to do the license test and get a minimum of bronze and it will eventually result in gold, is this what you did?

Please help me with unlocking licenses. I used the codes from codejunkies.com but like I said, they are still locked with the exception of A and B, I was able to transfer those from my gt3 save.

Thanks.

integlspwr
I'm currently looking into purchasing a cheat device for my PS2 so I can use it with GT4, but can't seem to figure out which would be the best one..

The three i have narrowed it down to is:

1. GameShark Game Codes with Media Player

2. Action Replay MAX

3. Code Breaker PS2 (V9.0)

I'm thinking maybe getting the Code Breaker PS2 (V9.0) or the Action Replay MAX but any suggestions are greatly appricated.

Thanks In Advance.

-integlspwr-
Why don't you wait til the Hybriding etc starts, It won't be long now! There will be codes to make the AI car fast etc, The codes will be in several formats but you should get the device which supports most of the codes, Lots of folks want be dying to convert them once there available! The best device is to get the latest Gameshark or AR/Armax, These are the formats the codes will be in, They always are, Even in GT4 Prologue which uses the same addresse style values!

integlspwr
thanks everyone for the quick responses. I decided to go with the Code Breakers 9.0 and its the best 21 bucks i have spent..

I must agree. I bought the CBV9 last week and I am very impressed.

integlspwr
damn its either AR max evo or codebreakers.

Ar max evo is purely armax with an amazingly small flash drive. Personally i would buy (and have bought) ar max on it's own, and then separately buy a flash drive, as for the saving in price, you could buy a flash drive about 8 times bigger than the one supplied.

integlspwr
Do all the code breakers and all the AR MAX codes work for gt4? I have herd that they dont...

Erm, no. Unfortunately, armax, in europe atleast, was released before gt4 was released, so there were no codes whatsoever. I am unsure on code breakers, though i presume it has undergone the same fate.

integlspwr
thanks everyone for the quick responses. I decided to go with the Code Breakers 9.0 and its the best 21 bucks i have spent..
Thanks for this thread... this is exactly what I was looking for.

integlspwr, or anyone, can you please give a quick review of Code Breaker 9.0 or any of the other devices? In particular:

1) For example, if I load up codes to have all licences, money and cars... can I just save the game normally and not have to use the cheat device again? In other words, are the cheats permanent once I save the game? Or are they temporary, and I'd have to load them up each time I play?

2) How does it work exactly. Say I start a new game, create my name in GT4, and save the game. Now, I have a brand new GT4 game data file with no cars, no money and no licenses. Do I just take GT4 disc out, put in Codebreaker, load the GT4 cheats and put the GT4 game disc back in? Will GT4 "autoload" with the cheats? Do I now see my same profile, except my garage will be full, with all licences, and money? Do I now just save the game like normal?

Sorry for all the questions. The bottomline is that I want to get back most of the things I had before my game data got corrupted. I don't need the funny cheats like big tires, stupid AI, etc. I just want cars, money, and access to all the tracks and races. Thanks.

P.S. If I get Action Replay Max (I can find them easily at stores), do I need to the AR Max EVO (the one with the flash pen), or can I just get the regular one. I already have a flash drive that works with my PS2. I don't have a PS2 network adaptor, so I need to use my computer to download codes.

This is what I did with the PAL version of the game with an ARMax. The principle should be the same for any device.

I started the ARMax and type in the codes (for Codebreaker these can be downloaded via a USB drive). when I did this the ARMax codelist was out of date. Start the game with the codes on for all licenses and the Mission Hall and maybe cash.

I get prompted for name etc. and create a save. On creating the save successfully, before going any further you can switch off the PS2 and restart it without the ARMax.

When you go into GT Mode for the first time the game awards me the certificates for the five licenses. The game then proceeds with the prize giving and I get all the bronze license cars followed by the silver ones and then the golds. I then get the prizes for the Mission Hall. The game will now autosave with all the cars that I have won there.

RogsR34UK
This is what I did with the PAL version of the game with an ARMax. The principle should be the same for any device.

I started the ARMax and type in the codes (for Codebreaker these can be downloaded via a USB drive). when I did this the ARMax codelist was out of date. Start the game with the codes on for all licenses and the Mission Hall and maybe cash.

I get prompted for name etc. and create a save. On creating the save successfully, before going any further you can switch off the PS2 and restart it without the ARMax.

When you go into GT Mode for the first time the game awards me the certificates for the five licenses. The game then proceeds with the prize giving and I get all the bronze license cars followed by the silver ones and then the golds. I then get the prizes for the Mission Hall. The game will now autosave with all the cars that I have won there.
Thanks for the reply. If you have your own USB flash drive, would you be able to download the codes from computer/internet (even though you only have the AR Max and not the AR Max EVO). I would't want to have to manually enter them.

supergoop
Thanks for the reply. If you have your own USB flash drive, would you be able to download the codes from computer/internet (even though you only have the AR Max and not the AR Max EVO). I would't want to have to manually enter them.

Just buy a network adapter (assuming your not in the stone ages like me with dial up) Update the codes and then return the network adapter. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. I purchased Codebreaker v.9 and it works great! You don't have to enter the codes manually. Just plug a USB flash drive into your PC, download the codes, and insert it in the PS2.

Put in the Codebreaker disc, load the codes from your USB drive, and then it updates it to the PS2 memory card.

Then select the cheats you want (they are all sorted and in plain English, like "all cars", 1 billion dollars, etc.), then select start game.

The PS2 tray opens, swap the Codebreaker disc with the game disc, then press "X" to start the game. The game load, and all your cheats are loaded with the game.

Now save the game, and you are finished. You do NOT need the codebreaker disc anymore, unless you want to load more cheats.

For example, I selected only a few cheats... 1 billion dollars, all gold licences, and full garage. Start GT4, it asks for me to set up my name profile as usual, and loads to the main menu. Now go into the "Gran Turismo" mode, and bam!, I am greeted with the licence certificate awards followed by the prize cars. This is repeated until all the licences and prize cars are rewarded.

Now save the game... no need the codebreaker or the USB drive anymore.

I HIGHLY recommend Codebreaker over any of the other devices. Although I don't own the other devices, I have done enough research to know how they work and the price. Codebreaker cost less (for USB drive compatible devices), and their website is fast and has a forum board. You don't need to register, and you can just download the codes off their website freely. You don't need to install any software on the PC either. It just WORKS and it cost less than competing products! The interface is so easy to use.

If you have a USB flash drive already, Codebreaker is the best way to go!

I ordered a Codebreaker but it seems to have got lost on its way to the UK. Out of frustration I may resort to an ARMax as I can order that in the UK. I have the all cars save to play with though it does not mean the cars are available for the arcade unfortunately.

Ryosuke_Gumna
Action Replay Max because you can download new codes & new saves uploaded by many people (online), it's always updated everyday with a forums. Action Replay Max is very useful!

I dont know which ARMAX you have been using but in the european one atleast the forum has been closed for over a year. And as for their cheat downloads, last updated 11th february 2004. USELESS!!!!! Gt4 has like 4000 codes, and i am having to type them out by hand, which is frustrating to say the least.

In answer to the first post, i have found armax to be an excellent cheat disk, but seem to be useless at providing new cheats to download. You're probably better off with something else. Or, buy the GT4 cheat disk, which is made by armax, so their only problem of downloading cheats is not a problem!

Oh, and if anyone has ARMAX, and when using gt4 has turned on max money, make sure you take your memory card out as soon as the game as loaded, or you might end up like me - restarting because it autosaved 4,5678,34567,45678,5678 credits!

supergoop
Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. I purchased Codebreaker v.9 and it works great! You don't have to enter the codes manually. Just plug a USB flash drive into your PC, download the codes, and insert it in the PS2.

Put in the Codebreaker disc, load the codes from your USB drive, and then it updates it to the PS2 memory card.

Then select the cheats you want (they are all sorted and in plain English, like "all cars", 1 billion dollars, etc.), then select start game.

The PS2 tray opens, swap the Codebreaker disc with the game disc, then press "X" to start the game. The game load, and all your cheats are loaded with the game.

Now save the game, and you are finished. You do NOT need the codebreaker disc anymore, unless you want to load more cheats.

For example, I selected only a few cheats... 1 billion dollars, all gold licences, and full garage. Start GT4, it asks for me to set up my name profile as usual, and loads to the main menu. Now go into the "Gran Turismo" mode, and bam!, I am greeted with the licence certificate awards followed by the prize cars. This is repeated until all the licences and prize cars are rewarded.

Now save the game... no need the codebreaker or the USB drive anymore.

I HIGHLY recommend Codebreaker over any of the other devices. Although I don't own the other devices, I have done enough research to know how they work and the price. Codebreaker cost less (for USB drive compatible devices), and their website is fast and has a forum board. You don't need to register, and you can just download the codes off their website freely. You don't need to install any software on the PC either. It just WORKS and it cost less than competing products! The interface is so easy to use.

If you have a USB flash drive already, Codebreaker is the best way to go!

Which pen drive do you have? Which ones work well? Thanks.

Do u need a pen drive USB or can any old USB storage device work. I'm not really sure if there's a difference between the USB storage ones and a USB pen drive.

I have found using my action replay with broadband conection the easyest way to update with codes just a shame there arnt as many cool ones ah well

I bought my Codebreaker V9 off Ebay. Took 5 weeks (by air mail) to get to the UK. I like the Codebreaker for the American version because of the Day 1" codes. I load them to my Memorex 128 Mb Thumb Drive (USB 2) to transfer the saves to my PS2. Very useful with over 1300 GT4 codes. Even works with a dial-up.

The fact that it also works with MaxDrive and Photomode in GT4 is a definite bonus.

same here Rog i have a codebreaker (just got it) and a USB flash drive i got the codes instantaniously <-- is that how u spell it ;). but its a great thing to have i'll tell you

Okay, I got Code Breaker today along with a SanDisk Cruzer Mini 256MB. But it won't recognize my thumbdrive when I go to the Day 1 screen. I thought people had been using this thumbdrive with Code Breaker. Any ideas? I've formatted in FAT32 and loaded one of the GT4 day 1 saves from thier website.

what program are you running? Windows XP doesn't need an installer program. but i think anything below that u have to go to the SanDisk site. I formatted mine into just FAT and checked off Quick Formatting. Send a PM to supergoop and ask'em

If you can see the USB drive in Windows Explorer I don't see why the codebreaker site won't recognise it.

I just downloaded the Day 1 save to my hard disk and then copied it to the USB drive using Windows Explorer. I don't think I have tried a direct download to the USB drive. I haven't touched the formatting of mine, it is still how it was delivered. I checked the format of it in Properties and it says FAT.

MaximumPonies
Okay, I got Code Breaker today along with a SanDisk Cruzer Mini 256MB. But it won't recognize my thumbdrive when I go to the Day 1 screen. I thought people had been using this thumbdrive with Code Breaker. Any ideas? I've formatted in FAT32 and loaded one of the GT4 day 1 saves from thier website.
Try formatting in FAT16. Please read the instruction on the www.codebreaker.com site. Here is the direct LINK. I also use the Sandisk Mini Cruzer 256 mb and it works fine for me.

supergoop
Try formatting in FAT16. Please read the instruction on the www.codebreaker.com site. Here is the direct LINK. I also use the Sandisk Mini Cruzer 256 mb and it works fine for me.

I did read the instructions

"If you have V8.0/V8.1/Day1, you dont need to worry about it, as it supports FAT12, FAT16 & FAT32."

I have V9.0, so I tried FAT32. I will try FAT16 tonight. I have a network adapter, so last night I just updated the codes with that and it worked great. Had a great time last night driving some cool cars. Was pretty fun with GTA:SA as well. :D

Back