Best grind for cash?

• Thread starter BodaYoda
  • 57 comments
England
England
Hi all
Been wondering if anyone’s come up with any good ways to beat the tedium of the grind?

Something I’ve invented is “Increasing Jeopardy” in the GT1 Professional category in Campaign. A clean race earns you 330,000 so I tune to the max one of the old “beast” cars, thinking the Nissan, Sauber Merc or Jag GT1 cars with TC off (of course!) and use high powered races to finesse the tune and win easily, whilst earning big credit; then it’s jeopardy time... save the tune and copy it to a new Jeopardy tune, then dial down by 100bhp, and race again... I’ve found I’m still hammering the AI with relative ease until I start to come down under 600bhp, at which point it starts to become more important to hit apexes, minimise wheelspin etc... As the jeopardy increases, I start dropping by 50bhp until wow, just about manage to get ahead in the last couple of laps and “ping” lightbulb moment— I get thrown back to GT2 days, Rome, when the XJ220 was so hard to drive and the racing was fabulously close and really difficult to win :D

The happy consequence of this jeopardy is that I end up with a low powered tune that is genuinely exciting to drive against the AI and I’ve earned 2 million credits for driving six fun-packed races!

375,000 in 12 min is the max in this game, it’s in the Professional series, Blue Moon Bay, Use the Mazda RX500, 100k for the race + 150% Car handicap + 50% Clean Race Bonus for a total of 375,00k. :)

D00A894F-853F-4004-AB81-3344A9D43C27.jpeg

456C1073-578D-4892-BEC2-F77811A8DC0E.jpeg

375,000 in 12 min is the max in this game, it’s in the Professional series, Blue Moon Bay, Use the Mazda RX500, 100k for the race + 150% Car handicap + 50% Clean Race Bonus for a total of 375,00k. :)

Yep fair comment, and the Mazda is lush; I expanded the question deliberately to ask if anyone had a fun way to make good money; BMB, even in a fun car gets really repetitive and I can’t keep bashing the same track day after day... at least with the GT1 cars the racing is good fun at detuned levels

I also love driving the McLaren F1 detuned on BMB :)

Last edited:
Yep fair comment, and the Mazda is lush; I expanded the question deliberately to ask if anyone had a fun way to make good money; BMB, even in a fun car gets really repetitive and I can’t keep bashing the same track day after day... at least with the GT1 cars the racing is good fun at detuned levels

If you have a 20m car you can do the Nostalgic Race on La Sarthe, it’s worth a fair bit too and more fun I’ve heard. I don’t have a car to run it though. There’s also the Gr1 race at Monza, use the Tomahawk for that one, it’s around 9 min.

Here’s a thread on the subject, all kinds of great info in here. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/

Ah thanks dude, will give it a read :) actually I'm doing the grind in order to get the Ferrari for the nostalgic races! Got to 8 million using BMB grind but was losing the will to live!!

Nope, you can win the same race with the same Mazda RX500 on N200, giving you 170% handicap bonus. Slightly over 12 minutes then. Just gotta know how to race BMB, takes a little practice for most. And a little bit of luck with the grid. Oh, and the LaFerrari you can’t beat on N200, proven by aliens.

Nope, you can win the same race with the same Mazda RX500 on N200, giving you 170% handicap bonus. Slightly over 12 minutes then. Just gotta know how to race BMB, takes a little practice for most.
You get more credits, but the time taken makes it less efficient in terms of credits/minute than the XBow.

It's the easiest of the top three methods of credit farming, but also the least efficient. There's also the Red Bull at Circuit de la Sarthe, which is tricky because of track limits and AI collisions harming your clean race bonus, and the Gr.1 race at Monza - both also in Professional League.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/

You get more credits, but the time taken makes it less efficient in terms of credits/minute than the XBow.

It's the easiest of the top three methods of credit farming, but also the least efficient. There's also the Red Bull at Circuit de la Sarthe, which is tricky because of track limits and AI collisions harming your clean race bonus, and the Gr.1 race at Monza - both also in Professional League.

Isn’t Nostalgic ´79 still the most efficient?

Isn’t Nostalgic ´79 still the most efficient?
Just some quick calculations i did :
Gr.1 at Monza at 9 minutes per run gets you 330,000 x 6 runs in about 54-55 minutes = 1.980,000 credits
Nos '79 at 7 minutes per run gets you 240,000 x 8 runs in about 56-57 minutes = 1,920.000 credits
BMB at 12 minutes per run gets you 375,000 x 5 runs in about 60-61 minutes = 1,875,000 credits

As for the easiest to get the bonus, i'm thinking Monza or Nos'79.

My rank by "stress" level (from lower to higher):

- Nostalgic ´79 (with the right car .. very relaxable)
- BMB (booring ..., i did it more than 200 times)
- Monza (way better than Redbull at suzuka)

- Redbull at suzuka ( ..pure stress , IMHO)

IR

Do you finish last?

No, you finish in 1st place against professional Gr.4.

For the record I have not experimented at all with car/opponent variations. This grind was concocted before the RX500 came out so maybe you get more money with that.

No, you finish in 1st place against professional Gr.4.

For the record I have not experimented at all with car/opponent variations. This grind was concocted before the RX500 came out so maybe you get more money with that.

Wierd because I can't keep first place with the XBow vs Gr.4 cars. As soon as I go into the walls, they approach and overtake me.

Is there a video about how to properly do it?

Wierd because I can't keep first place with the XBow vs Gr.4 cars. As soon as I go into the walls, they approach and overtake me.

Is there a video about how to properly do it?

You’ve got your stick turning too far. This isn’t really touched on in the Reddit thread. You want to just barely turn the steering stick to the right, just enough to hold you against the wall but not enough to slow you down. Play with it until you’re running low :52 / high :51 second laps. That’s the sweet spot. For me, the red steering dot is only to the right by less than a centimeter.

You’ve got your stick turning too far. This isn’t really touched on in the Reddit thread. You want to just barely turn the steering stick to the right, just enough to hold you against the wall but not enough to slow you down. Play with it until you’re running low :52 / high :51 second laps. That’s the sweet spot. For me, the red steering dot is only to the right by less than a centimeter.

Hmmm. I guess that's how I have it too. After T1 the car goes almost all the wat to the left lane before going back to the wall on the right.

But I'm 53.3 - 53.5

Do you use the default setup (except transmission)?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I guess that's how I have it too. After T1 the car goes almost all the wat to the left lane before going back to the wall on the right.

But I'm 53.3 - 53.5

Do you use the default setup (except transmission)?

Pretty sure I didn’t touch anything except move the top speed to 180mph. Are you hitting ~176 on the longer straightaway? Max power min weight?

I’m experimenting with this 6.6m method right now. Took a couple minutes of trial and error (and playing with a half working controller :lol:) to get the steering and acceleration rubber bands right.

As of lap 10 in my 24 hour test, I’ve built up a 10+ second lead with a maxed out KTM Xbow (around half a second per lap with potentially more of the AI makes an error). This definitely works as long as your controller stays on.

Update: 18 hours to go, lap 390, my car could possibly be multiple laps ahead because 2nd shows —:—.—-.

Lap 699, got a little salty an AI car took FL, so I decided to do a fast lap that was 2 seconds faster so AI cant take something :lol:

Last edited:
Pretty sure I didn’t touch anything except move the top speed to 180mph. Are you hitting ~176 on the longer straightaway? Max power min weight?

I hit 281kph on the main straight. But I did change the suspension and LSD. Gonna try with default settings.

Do you step into the 2nd lane from the right after T1, or does the car stay in the far right lane all the time?

Thanks for the help.

I got 550.000 for a 8h race during the night. I finished 18th. :D Not bad but way too low compared to the 2.2 million of first place.

I hit 281kph on the main straight. But I did change the suspension and LSD. Gonna try with default settings.

Do you step into the 2nd lane from the right after T1, or does the car stay in the far right lane all the time?

Thanks for the help.

I got 550.000 for a 8h race during the night. I finished 18th. :D Not bad but way too low compared to the 2.2 million of first place.

@TetsuKobura has it figured out. Are you using AIDS? I just remembered I think ASM slows you down. Turn all the aids off.

I've still stuck to the Premium Sports Lounge race at Blue Moon Bay for credit grinding.

My setup isn't identical to this but it is still possible to beat even the LaFerrari with this setup and still win cleanly.

Did this now. Quite easy until I get how to do the AFK method.

IMG_20190528_194904.jpg

Last edited:
Can you share a screenshot of your screen to se you lap times and strering angle input?

Also, what car setup are you using? Thanks.

@ice_Blazer66 True. Just did 11:48 with the GT40
All of my laps are - - : - - . - - - because I'm over 1025 laps now, but my laps were anywhere from the 51.8 to 52.2. I haven't done much with the setup aside from I believe changing the LSD slightly. Maybe lowering the ride height a bit and lowering the springs, but nothing major I can remember.

The steering input circle is just before halfway through the gear number.

Back