Best Headset for GTS?

United States
United States
Either wired or wireless just as long as wired doesn’t get in the way of my rig. Looking at $150 or lower. Does surround sound make a difference with GTS? What about other games like FPS or games like TLOU? HyperX Cloud 2’s now support 7.1 on PS4 while Arctic 7’s don’t. Cloud Flight wireless is only stereo. How do they compare to Arctic 7’s? Any other suggestions?
Sorry for all the questions. I just got Arctic 7’s and while they are good I feel a bit underwhelmed by them but I’m new to headsets so I don’t have really anything to compare them to.
Thanks in advance for any responses!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...udio-from-the-platinum-ps4-headphones.363623/

These guys are talking about headphones maybe something in there might help.

I personally have Wired Razor Kraken
And PS4 Gold wireless.
I might one day get the PS4 Platinum version.
From my experience the Gold and Kraken are good. I really enjoy them. I can hear everything in the game very well and the PS4 headset has a 1 and 2 button option plus a mode for customising sounds.
1 being a more normal sounding experience and 2 increasing the bass. I prefer 2. Battery life is decent I get several hours out of it. Charging fully about 1 to 2 hours. The Razor is heavy on the head compared to the lighter feel of the Sony. But it’s not much.

The Sony ones also let you download a PS4 App on the console from the PSN Store to customise the sounds and also select pre set sounds from Devs who worked on games and used the headset. The gold has maybe 6 or 7 game devs like, the Red Dead Redemption 2 devs or the Last of Us. I Wish Gran Turismo Sport added there own dev mix.

I’m really looking forward to the PS5 with 3D audio, the platinum ones have 3D, plus PS5 and I also play BFV and they have 3D so adding BFV, PS5 and 3D audio headset should be an amazing sounding experience.

I personally use the wireless PS4 Gold headset. I’m sure there is definitely better sounding sets but for the price it’s a good headset. I’m in Australia so I Payed from EBGames $120 for the Razor and $120 for the PS4. So same price. I find the mic is probably better on the Razor as it’s an extension one you can pull it out or put into the headset. The PS4 one is not physical it’s built into the set. It’s still good. But it’s best features are the sound not so much the mic.

Anyways this is only 2 headsets from my personal experience. Hopefully more help you out.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I have the Logitech G430 headset, they are alright but I wouldn’t recommend them for any console. I got mine on sale.

The best headset I’ve ever owned were plain old xbox ones. So my next purchase will be the PS Gold headset, they are currently 30% off on Amazon Canada.

I bought two other headsets to compare with the Arctis 7’s; the HyperX Cloud 2’s and the PS Platinum. The Clouds were great all purpose headphones, which is what I was looking for, while the Platinums were fantastic on the PS4 with Headset Companion app but not the best for music. But both hurt my head after wearing them for a short amount of time. This surprised me with the Clouds as they are one of the most comfortable headsets for most people. The Arctis 7’s were extremely comfortable but like I said I wanted more than stereo for games and they were decent for music.

I decided I was going to have to spend more to get all that I wanted. I also had $100 in credits at Best Buy so I exchanged the three above and got the Arctis Wireless Pro headphones. Wow!! Best sound of any headphones, earbuds, etc., I’ve ever had. Audiophile quality.

These come with a DAC box you can hook up to your PS4 or PC and support 7.1, DTS X and Dolby for 3D sound. You can change everything you need to on the DAC without having to use the PC software with the exception of firmware updates. Can even create your own equalizer settings in addition to the existing profiles like Immersion, Performance, Music, Entertainment, etc.

These also have dual wireless so I use the 2.4ghz for the PS4 and Bluetooth for my phone at the same time so you can answer calls or listen to music off the phone while you’re gaming.

Another excellent feature is the covers on the earcups are held on by magnets and come off, and the right earcup holds the battery, which you get two of. The other battery charges in a slot on the side of the DAC. So when the battery in the earcup gets low, you just switch them out and, voila, you got a fully charged headset. No more worries about your headset dying on you or charging with a cord (though they give you a cord for this option as well if you prefer). Genius.

The DAC has a display on the front so you can see everything you’re doing, whether changing settings on the DAC itself or from the headset. The volume rocker pushes down so when you want to change other things than main volume you just push and click it to change chat mix, BT volume, equalizer settings and so on.
The mic retracts into the earcup and lights up red on the end when you mute it so you know for sure it’s muted.

Like the Arctis 7’s these have the same “ski goggle” strap so it feels like they are floating on your head, no pressure points. I could wear these things all day.
No doubt, they are expensive, but the credits brought them down to a great price for all that you are getting. I would say they are worth it even at the regular price but I know opinions vary on that. Definitely worth it for the price I paid. They hook up a bit differently than other headsets using a toslink cable and USB to the back of the DAC with the toslink hooking up to the back of the PS4 Pro but they include all the cables you need.
They have a black matte finish and have an understated look that doesn’t scream gaming headset whatsoever but you can dress them up a bit with 3 different options of colored earcups and strap that are sold separately.
Highly recommended for gaming, music, movies, everything.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro-wireless

Here are the speaker plates you can change to if you want some more color.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-accessories/arctis-pro-booster-pack#arctis-pro-booster-pack-aurora

I might get the Aurora’s. I think they look pretty cool

824BDF02-E609-4EC8-9669-78FC5299CFBF.png

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...udio-from-the-platinum-ps4-headphones.363623/

These guys are talking about headphones maybe something in there might help.

I personally have Wired Razor Kraken
And PS4 Gold wireless.
I might one day get the PS4 Platinum version.
From my experience the Gold and Kraken are good. I really enjoy them. I can hear everything in the game very well and the PS4 headset has a 1 and 2 button option plus a mode for customising sounds.
1 being a more normal sounding experience and 2 increasing the bass. I prefer 2. Battery life is decent I get several hours out of it. Charging fully about 1 to 2 hours. The Razor is heavy on the head compared to the lighter feel of the Sony. But it’s not much.

The Sony ones also let you download a PS4 App on the console from the PSN Store to customise the sounds and also select pre set sounds from Devs who worked on games and used the headset. The gold has maybe 6 or 7 game devs like, the Red Dead Redemption 2 devs or the Last of Us. I Wish Gran Turismo Sport added there own dev mix.

I’m really looking forward to the PS5 with 3D audio, the platinum ones have 3D, plus PS5 and I also play BFV and they have 3D so adding BFV, PS5 and 3D audio headset should be an amazing sounding experience.

I personally use the wireless PS4 Gold headset. I’m sure there is definitely better sounding sets but for the price it’s a good headset. I’m in Australia so I Payed from EBGames $120 for the Razor and $120 for the PS4. So same price. I find the mic is probably better on the Razor as it’s an extension one you can pull it out or put into the headset. The PS4 one is not physical it’s built into the set. It’s still good. But it’s best features are the sound not so much the mic.

Anyways this is only 2 headsets from my personal experience. Hopefully more help you out.

:cheers:

what kind of sounds have you distinguished in GTS with 7.1 channels activated? tires, opponents, engine position too ???

Ps gold headphones work really well and can get too loud ...

i was using a pair of audio technica phone That cost 150 and they worked ok wired up...couldn’t pair it to the PS4

i thought about the platinum headphones but people say they get quite uncomfortable after a couple hours and that the gold was more comfortable

Ps gold headphones work really well and can get too loud ...

i was using a pair of audio technica phone That cost 150 and they worked ok wired up...couldn’t pair it to the PS4

i thought about the platinum headphones but people say they get quite uncomfortable after a couple hours and that the gold was more comfortable

Thanks for you reply, well yes there are some people who are not totally satisfied with that headset, but the sound it's great.

On DS4 I use a set of Verbatim PC headphones with an adapter that I already had lying around... AU$12.00 (less than US$8.50)... the adapter probably cost nearly as much as the headset.
When using a wheel, AU$49.00 (less than US$34) Logitech USB headset.
Both are perfectly satisfactory.

Back