best jump track?

• Thread starter iaianstg
  • 22 comments
Canada
woodville ont c
iaianstg
i've been trying to make a good jump track with little success. i did get 1 good jump but it was into a bend so i didn't get any good air. what things have other players tried? i'm trying to make a jump like mt. murder.

Well its a random occurance so you just have to keep trying and testing, and testing.

If you learn to read to elevation map in the background, you can look for crests which will look like circles, which are the tops of hills.
You can try to find a track with a straight that goes through a crest. This doesnt always work though.

One more thing banking has a big effect on elevations, so play with that too.

Just for some reference I've messed around a whole lot with the course maker and I seen many jumps but only 2 or 3 really big ones.

I have several pretty gnarly jump tracks. Most off the Eiffel circuit and then 2 off Toscana. I'd post screen shots of all.....if I knew how.

My psn is bulldawg_qw

If someone would tell me how to make screenshots I'd love too. Otherwise one track I named Sans Viva (Eiffel) is online right now and I can up others up throughout the week if wanted. The neat thing about the one that's up right now is at the top of the crest of the hill there is a bump that sends you airborn just before the crest, so it multiplies the air you get. My '09 Vette RM actually back flipped all the way onto its roof before it hit the ground

I have several pretty gnarly jump tracks. Most off the Eiffel circuit and then 2 off Toscana. I'd post screen shots of all.....if I knew how.

My psn is bulldawg_qw

If someone would tell me how to make screenshots I'd love too. Otherwise one track I named Sans Viva (Eiffel) is online right now and I can up others up throughout the week if wanted. The neat thing about the one that's up right now is at the top of the crest of the hill there is a bump that sends you airborn just before the crest, so it multiplies the air you get. My '09 Vette RM actually back flipped all the way onto its roof before it hit the ground

mind if i add you and try this track?

Mind if I add you as well? I love jump tracks. If so, how do you use someone else's track?

Click on the community tab and select your friend, then click on the track list on their page, download it. Then you'll need to set the track as a favorite so you can use it offline, in practice and arcade mode.

Oh and when you add a new friend, they wont show up in your community tab until you exit to the main menu and then go back to the GT life page.

I've made a couple good ones that worked really well in practice. But the online physics changed and they weren't nearly as fun.

Someone earlier mentioned the the contour lines. If you can read and understand the topographic maps, (surprisingly, they are pretty accurate). More lines = more elevation change. Closer the lines are together = steaper the elevation change. a circle shape would = a top of a peak or a bottom of a hole.

Each track (Eifel, Toscana, etc.) has a general area. Cycle though the layouts enough, you will see the areas you want your straight to pass though. You also want your straight to be as perpendicular to the countour lines & cirlcle as possible. That gives you the best chance at finding a jump without wasting endless time testing every one.

I've been trying to do the same thing! Toscana seems too unpredictable, and I have a hard time judging the elevation on the map for Toscana. I've come CLOSE w/ the eiffel tracking, but it seems like you have to keep going back & putting different values into different sections to get the right kind of thing in the section you want it in. But at least now I know it's possible I'll keep trying!

My psn is bulldawg_qw

I tried you track and I'm impressed. I did a one make race with the fgt and you should have seen the massive carnage when they all went over the hill. Keep up the good work.

My psn is bulldawg_qw

I would love to see that track! I would love to drive that track with my jump car, i'd probably run out of straightaway

My psn is bulldawg_qw

I've got a track on Mt. Aso that has a downhill jump with a corner right after it - you need to stay right or you will hit a wall - the track is so thin the the AI can get a spectacular pile up from careening of the wall into other cars mid-flight. The final corner is just odd - it's banked, but in the wrong way - instead of being on the inside of the bank, your'e on the outside. It is probably the most difficult corner out there. It is not physically possible to go around in a kart and not crash. I have another track that has a double Jump (they look like 2 camel humps) and probably only around 20 of my cars don't catch air on it (this is an estimation, I have only used my favorites in Arcade Mode.) These include the old Fiat 500's, (not tuned) Kubelwagen, (not tuned) Old Beetle (not tuned) and the Citroen 2CV. only about 3 of my favorites can't catch air - thats 3/100, and I have nearly 700 cars...

Back