Best lap time (blue or purple?)

• Thread starter ascanio
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Can anybody please explain me the difference between the blue/green "BEST" sector/lap time that appears on the top and the more frequent purple one with the characteristic sound?

The purple seems to appear every time I score a faster lap/sector with the respect to the best recorded in the same session. What about the blue?

Thank you

@

Can anybody please explain me the difference between the blue/green "BEST" sector/lap time that appears on the top and the more frequent purple one with the characteristic sound?

The purple seems to appear every time I score a faster lap/sector with the respect to the best recorded in the same session. What about the blue?

Thank you

@
A blue/green sector means that it's your Personal Best. While a purple sector with the characteristic sound means that you are getting the Overall Best sector in that session compared to others. In Time Trials, only the purple sectors will show up if you go better than your previous sector time.

A blue/green sector means that it's your Personal Best. While a purple sector with the characteristic sound means that you are getting the Overall Best sector in that session compared to others. In Time Trials, only the purple sectors will show up if you go better than your previous sector time.

Thank you! Finally some sense! :D There is no mention on the manual nor online.

Let me see if I get it right: if I am racing online and I get a purple best, it means that it was the fastest sector within the same lap compared to the other players or the best sectors among all my laps in that race?

What do you mean exactly by "personal best"? Is it on a daily basis, by car, category... ?

Thanks again.

@

Thank you! Finally some sense! :D There is no mention on the manual nor online.

Let me see if I get it right: if I am racing online and I get a purple best, it means that it was the fastest sector within the same lap compared to the other players or the best sectors among all my laps in that race?

What do you mean exactly by "personal best"? Is it on a daily basis, by car, category... ?

Thanks again.

@
A purple sector should indicate that you might have the fastest sector out of all the drivers in that race.

What I mean about the Personal Best is your own best sector time in that race session, or in anything that involves numbers, your own best record.

A purple sector should indicate that you might have the fastest sector out of all the drivers in that race.
Eh, it's a little different from that, at least in races (I don't time trial enough to be able to say for sure if it's different across the board). Although it shouldn't be.

A purple "-x.xxx" in the split time popup indicates that you are "x.xxx" ahead of the best recorded lap at that split. Not that you were fastest in that sector, but that you're ahead of the best recorded lap to that point.
A blue "-x.xxx" in the split time popup indicates that you are "x.xxx" ahead of your best recorded lap at that split. Not that you were faster in that sector, but that you're ahead of the best recorded lap to that point.
A blue "-x.xxx" in the sector times area of the multi-function display indicates that you are "x.xxx" ahead of your best recorded sector in that sector.
A red "+x.xxx" in the sector times area of the multi-function display indicates that you are "x.xxx" behind your best recorded sector in that sector.
A red "+x.xxx"in the split time popup indicates that you are "x.xxx" behind your best recorded lap at that split.

It is possible to record a red time in the split time popup but a blue sector in the MFD at the same split - by simply being slower in one sector and faster in a later one (but not fast enough to offset how slow you were). It's also possible to record a purple time in the split time popup but a red sector in the MFD - by being faster than the fastest lap to that point, but slower than your own fastest sector.

Of course it should be purple for the fastest sector/lap of anyone, green (or blue) for your personal fastest sector/lap and yellow (or red) for any other sector. But it isn't.

Back