Best manufacturer to be competitive in Gr4 and Gr3 FIA championship for a rookie?

• Thread starter Kano Manel
  • 35 comments
Well, for me it is. This is not another Gran Turismo, this is an arcade sim racing sanctioned by the FIA. I want to go in there thinking only about laps, breaking points and stuff like that. I don't want to be thinking: "Hey, that Audi is 1 second per lap faster... maybe I should have taken it."

And I won't, precisely because I tested them... all of them. It costed me all my hard earned credits, but totally worth it.

I want to compete... I don't want to just play. This is going to be a FIA sanctioned championship. I want to be the fastest in Dartford, and I want to know who is the fastest in Kent and I want to beat him.
I want to race (just thinking about it and my heart beat speeds up). :D

Driving is for everyone... racing isn't.👍

Well, for me it is. This is not another Gran Turismo, this is an arcade sim racing sanctioned by the FIA. I want to go in there thinking only about laps, breaking points and stuff like that. I don't want to be thinking: "Hey, that Audi is 1 second per lap faster... maybe I should have taken it."

And I won't, precisely because I tested them... all of them. It costed me all my hard earned credits, but totally worth it.

I want to compete... I don't want to just play. This is going to be a FIA sanctioned championship. I want to be the fastest in Dartford, and I want to know who is the fastest in Kent and I want to beat him.
I want to race (just thinking about it and my heart beat speeds up). :D

Driving is for everyone... racing isn't.👍
Well said :)
Although, Azerach has a point. If I were to make a suggestion for the fastest car, I'd definitely pick the Supra and the R.S. 01 in terms of straight-up pace. The problem with these cars though is that they're so twitchy and unreliable that they're just one-lap wonders (The Supra's a friendlier car, but nowhere near as friendly as the other Gr. 3s). Remember, racing isn't all about being fast, but rather how long and how consistent you are at being fast ;)

That said, I'd recommend you to the Mustang (which is what you already chose) and the Corvette. The Mustang has a reasonable pace all around, but shines in fuel economy and high-speed tracks. The Corvette isn't really special anywhere, but is a competitive car overall, and is just a step below the Mustang in fuel economy. The best bang for your buck with these cars is that they're really easy to drive on or close to the limit, so you can keep pumping out fast laps over and over again :)

Hay Kano

The Gr4 Megane is easy to drive and well balanced, the only this is as its FF the fronts wear out a bit more I would say you should sink money into the Megane or the BMW M4 Gr4 it's a stable all rounder and is always a contender.

What I think is strange is that nobody ever mentioned the mazda's.....

For some reason it seems to fit me but maybe I'm not objectify because I drive one IRL.
I think it's good in the corners, stable and good braking stability. It probably lacks a bit of top speed but if you draft enough you won't notice

That off course is my feeling, like said before, it just has to fit you.

Back