Best New Games Coming 2018 with trailers

• Thread starter torque99
  • 30 comments
England
England
I started looking in to what games to buy this year and there were loads of new games, sequels and remasters coming this way!..Most look like they will be 4K ready for the new consoles. I thought it would be good to have them all in one thread. I will try to add more as the suggestions come in.

Here are the ones I have been looking at. Which games are you looking forward to?

Monster Hunter:World Capcom (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Shadow of the Colossus SIE (Playstation Exclusive)

Beyond Good & Evil2 Ubisoft (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

^^ This looks amazing-the graphics are stunning

The Last of Us (PartII) SIE (Playstation Exclusive)

Days Gone SIE (Playstation Exclusive)

This one for me (even if it's not a new game, technically).

Played it years ago on the Xbox 360 and I loved it. Can't wait to play it again on the PS4 (Blight Town at 60fps? Hell yeah!)

^^ It looks like God of War is coming April 20th. I never really got in to the last game but these graphics and characters look amazing and detailed in this new trailer. Realistic even :ill: I hope there will be a photo mode in this one.

Already out in Japan, but the international release will be this year. And hopefully, the Switch version too.

Also, let’s not forget about this one...

Or this one...

I forgot about this one as it was delayed last year though, from March 16th to Apr-Sep if you were not aware @DDastardly00 👍 They said they are refunding soon as no release date has been confirmed.
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/23/...delay-playstation-is-refunding-all-pre-orders

I wasn't aware it was delayed again, ty. Since Christmas day I have been in the land of the Nintendo switch, some jolly old elf was nice enough to leave one underneath our tree. I'm alright with the delay, I have too many games to play and not enough time as it is.

Other than Red Dead and The Crew 2, the other game I am looking forward to is Ace Combat 7.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Kingdom Come Deliverance. It is certainly a game I am interested in.

I'm interested too, been tracking this one for just under a year now. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, they have done very little marketing which is a bit strange for a new IP. Even if it's a fantastic game in the same vein of Skyrim (albeit without the magic element), that still won't guarantee it's success. I'll hold Kingdoms of Amalur up as an example, one the of very best Action RPGs I have ever played, it failed miserably despite glorious ratings and reviews, plenty of positive coverage from the gaming media swooning with affection for it..... and the studio went bankrupt because no one knew about it.

I'm not sure what Warhorse studios is thinking here, they need a brilliant marketing campaign for this game and so far it's a ghost town in terms of anticipation for this game, very few people seem to even know about it.

Ace Combat7, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Far Cry 5!..OMG too many games to try :sly: (I used to only play GT, Forza or racing sims - all these remasters are like new games to me!)

I keep seeing Spider man trailers so I will add this one as the graphics look great, I'm not sure how the game play will go. I would like to play the demo of this if they make one.

EDit: Trailers moved to Post #4 👍

Last edited:
I'm interested too, been tracking this one for just under a year now. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, they have done very little marketing which is a bit strange for a new IP. Even if it's a fantastic game in the same vein of Skyrim (albeit without the magic element), that still won't guarantee it's success. I'll hold Kingdoms of Amalur up as an example, one the of very best Action RPGs I have ever played, it failed miserably despite glorious ratings and reviews, plenty of positive coverage from the gaming media swooning with affection for it..... and the studio went bankrupt because no one knew about it.

I'm not sure what Warhorse studios is thinking here, they need a brilliant marketing campaign for this game and so far it's a ghost town in terms of anticipation for this game, very few people seem to even know about it.
They are a kickstarter group so it makes sense. A lot of games are being made that way now actually as game devs have ideas yet can't fund it themselves. This way good ideas actually happen instead of them earning a weekly wage producing the next COD.

A fair number of youtubers backed it so I take it that will be the main marketing.

Also, let’s not forget about this one...

i never owned a ps3 for ni no kuni 1 but my friends who played said great things about it. wonder if playing the 1st one is required to understand something about the sequel? or does it follow a different storyline. if it's like automata, then i should be good (more or less).

I'm actually a backer of this game. I started backing it on kickstarter when it was first announced several years ago. It's looking pretty good.

And so is Shadow of the Colossus.

In fact, this looks so amazing that – if it turns out that Red Dead Redemption 2 won't come to PC – I will actually consider getting a PS4 Pro.

EDIT: nvidia releases drivers optimized for Kingdom Come: Deliverance
http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-releases-gpu-drivers-optimized-for-kingdom-come-deliverance/

Last edited:
They are a kickstarter group so it makes sense. A lot of games are being made that way now actually as game devs have ideas yet can't fund it themselves. This way good ideas actually happen instead of them earning a weekly wage producing the next COD.

A fair number of youtubers backed it so I take it that will be the main marketing.

February 13th is coming up quick, can't wait to see some user review/feedback. I hope it turns out great.

Interesting:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/12/17003944/kingdom-come-deliverance-ps4-patch-day-one

At 23GB, that might be the largest day one patch in the history of mankind.

The game is currently #1 on Steam, hope it does well and the reviews are good, look promising so far.
I’ve been following this game for a couple years now. I’m pretty excited about it, I bought the xbox1x version and have it downloaded. It’s sucks, I’ll probably have to wait for that patch to install, so playing at 11pm probably won’t happen.

I’ve been watching a bunch of videos on YouTube on it, and I’m going to die a lot from the looks of it. The game is supposed to be historically accurate, and the landscape/landmarks are all supposed to be accurate as well. The amount of combat animations for each weapon is staggering. I think it’s something like 200 per weapon.

Should be loads of fun. :)

Edit: I just went back and checked, I posted a link to an article about this game on my profile page, March 23, 2016. :lol:

I’ve been following this game for a couple years now. I’m pretty excited about it, I bought the xbox1x version and have it downloaded. It’s sucks, I’ll probably have to wait for that patch to install, so playing at 11pm probably won’t happen.

I’ve been watching a bunch of videos on YouTube on it, and I’m going to die a lot from the looks of it. The game is supposed to be historically accurate, and the landscape/landmarks are all supposed to be accurate as well. The amount of combat animations for each weapon is staggering. I think it’s something like 200 per weapon.

Should be loads of fun. :)

Edit: I just went back and checked, I posted a link to an article about this game on my profile page, March 23, 2016. :lol:

What I'm reading this morning is that this game takes role playing and realism to the next level. It will take you forever just to get your first Sword. You literally have to learn to read before you can read books. Combat is very clunky at first, supposedly it will get better over time (jury is still out). I'm hearing it has loads of bugs, you might be waiting awhile for a patch. To be fair, Skyrim had loads of bugs when it launched too. Sound arduously, painfully slow in the beginning. You will eat on a schedule, sleep on a schedule and not bathing affects your Charisma level and your stealth level (people can smell you if you smell bad, giving you away).

All in all I'm intrigued, it sounds like a Medieval, historical Knight Simulator. The Assetto Corsa of the RPG world lol.

Back