Best PS4 wheel G29 vs T300

Ireland
Ireland
C-N-C5
Hi I need some help,
I used to own a DFGT which I owned for 4 years but sold it due to getting a PS4 and it not being supported.

I had bought a T150 as a replacement but the wheel proved it's reliability as it stopped working after 3 weeks. I also thought the pedals were terrible and too small and that it didn't feel like a real step up from the DFGT.

Now after saving up a bit more money from a warranty from my wheel and a voucher for amazon I've decided to get a new and better wheel.I've decided either the T300 or G29.

The g29 has better pedals,cheaper optional shifter and proven to be more reliable but the rim isn't as big as the T300 (1cm smaller) and rotates to only 900 degrees as the T300 goes to 1080,cheaper to buy and has received a higher praise amongst reviewers but has a much more expensive optional shifter and pricy pedals as the original pedals are a p.o.s and it probably wouldn't be as reliable like its T150 brother.

I have a budget of 300 euro so don't expect me to spend double ps4 price on a wheel

Last edited:
I feel the same as super_gt, while my T300 was working, i only used it on 1080º mode a few times, most of time was 900º.

You allready got a taste of what Thrustmaster is, they are great... while still working!

If you want my opinion, go for the G29.

Read G29 is quite unreliable, hopefully they fix following issue: Link

T300 should be more reliable by now. G29 probably be a bit like DFGT in terms of FFB but T300 feels very different, much more high-end.

If you're in EU (euros purchase currency mentioned), you should have compulsory 2 year warranty from the shop which you purchase the wheel from. So things like RMA are not a major concern, you would just be without a wheel for a short amount of time.

Having plenty of experience with my old Logitech G25 before moving on to the T300 (via Fanatec and T500), I'd say that the FFB difference is significant, but so is the pedals difference.

• If you didn't like the T150 pedals, then as far as I'm aware the T300 stock pedals will be a similar annoyance. They have metal faces, but I believe the underlying springs and throw is identical to the T150 set. Both are way behind the G29 pedals.
  • G29 shifter is much cheaper than a TH8A but also vastly inferior in feel (in my opinion!)
  • G29's cog drive and relatively weak motor is significantly worse than the T300's belt and more powerful brushless motor. You get smoothness, spin speed, no cog rattle, and yet the wheel is just as nimble and has low mechanical resistance. Both wheels are a big step up from the DFGT in that area, but the T300 doesn't have the various drawbacks of the G29.
  • T300 has a bunch of rim options, but those cost extra. Stock rim rubber isn't bad (I like it enough that I still haven't bothered going out and buying a leather or alcantara rim), but I could see you preferring the sturdy Logitech leather if you are not interested in spending extra.

In the end, I would vote T300 for FFB and saving up a bit extra to get the T3PA pedals. But I could understand you opting for the G29's combination of features if your budget is not stretchable.

I wrote a full length review/comparison of the T300 against the G27, most of which is going to apply to the G29, here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-racing-wheel-thread.311143/page-88

My thoughts would be that if you've only got the 300 Euro budget and really dont want to spend more than that, the G29 plus a GTEye brake mod and optional shifter will actually be the more complete package. The T300 really comes into its own once you've got some add-on pedals and the shifter, but this of course elevates the price quite a bit. That said, it might be worth saving up for that if you really want a more premium experience.

You look pretty well informed about pros and cons of both steering wheels.
Running_guy98
and rotates to only 900 degrees as the T300 goes to 1080
For me 1080 degrees of rotation is unnecessarily.

Now it is up to you to choose,good luck 👍

Cheers its a benefit of being OCD and interested in the topic. Its a pretty difficult choice to make actually especially when having a budget of 300 i also need it for a new wheel stand myself:lol:

I feel the same as super_gt, while my T300 was working, i only used it on 1080º mode a few times, most of time was 900º.

You allready got a taste of what Thrustmaster is, they are great... while still working!

If you want my opinion, go for the G29.

Exactly my T150 was amazing until it stopped working and it had me 20 euro out of pocket when i returned it due to exchange rates :mad:

Ok thanks i'll have a look around

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...300rs&highlight=thrustmaster+T30+logitech+G29[/QUOTE]

Read G29 is quite unreliable, hopefully they fix following issue: Link

T300 should be more reliable by now. G29 probably be a bit like DFGT in terms of FFB but T300 feels very different, much more high-end.

Ive heard both are unreliable.I know personally that the T150 is unreliable due to personal experience but i did own a DFGT For 4 years without any issues besides a wire in the pedals snapping which I only had re-soldered.👍

If you're in EU (euros purchase currency mentioned), you should have compulsory 2 year warranty from the shop which you purchase the wheel from. So things like RMA are not a major concern, you would just be without a wheel for a short amount of time.

Having plenty of experience with my old Logitech G25 before moving on to the T300 (via Fanatec and T500), I'd say that the FFB difference is significant, but so is the pedals difference.

• If you didn't like the T150 pedals, then as far as I'm aware the T300 stock pedals will be a similar annoyance. They have metal faces, but I believe the underlying springs and throw is identical to the T150 set. Both are way behind the G29 pedals.
  • G29 shifter is much cheaper than a TH8A but also vastly inferior in feel (in my opinion!)
  • G29's cog drive and relatively weak motor is significantly worse than the T300's belt and more powerful brushless motor. You get smoothness, spin speed, no cog rattle, and yet the wheel is just as nimble and has low mechanical resistance. Both wheels are a big step up from the DFGT in that area, but the T300 doesn't have the various drawbacks of the G29.
  • T300 has a bunch of rim options, but those cost extra. Stock rim rubber isn't bad (I like it enough that I still haven't bothered going out and buying a leather or alcantara rim), but I could see you preferring the sturdy Logitech leather if you are not interested in spending extra.

In the end, I would vote T300 for FFB and saving up a bit extra to get the T3PA pedals. But I could understand you opting for the G29's combination of features if your budget is not stretchable.

Thanks for the Kind advice yeah i hated the t150 pedals and the changeable rims arn't really relevant to me as I probably wont be changing it.The options for the T300 Are far too expensive for me i wouldn't spend the guts of 120 euro on a freaking shifiter and nearly 100 on better pedals.My experience with Logitech is much better compared to thrustmaster. I've never owned a G25 or G27 so although the G29 is considered dated it would be a relatively new experience to me

I wrote a full length review/comparison of the T300 against the G27, most of which is going to apply to the G29, here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-racing-wheel-thread.311143/page-88

My thoughts would be that if you've only got the 300 Euro budget and really dont want to spend more than that, the G29 plus a GTEye brake mod and optional shifter will actually be the more complete package. The T300 really comes into its own once you've got some add-on pedals and the shifter, but this of course elevates the price quite a bit. That said, it might be worth saving up for that if you really want a more premium experience.

True the G29 is far better equipped i could save up more or prey tell get a T150 and fully opt it,but then again it did last a month compared to my DFGT which lasted 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id get the T300 and T3Pa Pro pedals its a much better wheel that anything Logitech has to offer. Also iv used both shifters and the Logitech is rubbish the TH8a is a quality product compared to the logitech shifter. The interchangeable rims and all the add-ons are a nice touch with the thrustmaster stuff, but with all the aftermarket adapters you can mix and match.

It wasnt to long ago I was using a Thrustmaster wheel, Fanatec Pedals and Logitech shifter.

I went from a g27 to a t300 and the wheel was so much smoother and the force feedback was stronger and delivered better through the wheel. The paddle shifters were better quality to, Iv had my T300 for over a year, put 100's of hours into it and it still feels like the day i got it. You get what you pay for

Id get the T300 and T3Pa Pro pedals its a much better wheel that anything Logitech has to offer. Also iv used both shifters and the Logitech is rubbish the TH8a is a quality product compared to the logitech shifter. The interchangeable rims and all the add-ons are a nice touch with the thrustmaster stuff, but with all the aftermarket adapters you can mix and match.

It wasnt to long ago I was using a Thrustmaster wheel, Fanatec Pedals and Logitech shifter.

I went from a g27 to a t300 and the wheel was so much smoother and the force feedback was stronger and delivered better through the wheel. The paddle shifters were better quality to, Iv had my T300 for over a year, put 100's of hours into it and it still feels like the day i got it. You get what you pay for

I could do that but my experience with thurstmaster wasnt smooth but i will hand it to them that the T150 is a new wheel.I would get a T300 And the T3pa Pedals but the pedals are far to expensive and would overall be more expensive than the G29.I would get the TP3A pro pedals but ill have to get them used and

Ive heard both are unreliable.I know personally that the T150 is unreliable due to personal experience but i did own a DFGT For 4 years without any issues besides a wire in the pedals snapping which I only had re-soldered.👍
I'm going to probably get the G29 as in Currys should be on offer for £99 on the 28th. Not sure if offer will be available where you are.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!
I have decided to buy a T300 as the G29 is incompatible with the crew on PS4. I'm trying to buy new but the are £230 on amazon way out of my budget.Unless Logitech and ivory tower fix the G29's problem I'll be going back to thrustmaster.
I could buy used but if i did the wheel must work 100%,have a valid warranty 12-18 months would be great and be at the price of £170 I live in Ireland so i use euro hence the low price.

Latest Posts

Back