Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, the Thrustmaster products are great but.... the they are having serious problems with the durability.
Is problem after problem, from the people that i know and play together with, only one didn't had any kind of problem with his TM wheel(a T500).

Logitech don't supoort his old wheels is bad, yeah it is. But come on... at least their wheels last some years. Yes, i'm mad with TM, i spent a good amount of money with the wheel, shiffter, pedals and cockpit. Money that will not be able to spent again anytime near.

If you live in a place where TM support exist, than i think that it's fine, but my wheel failed with 10 months old. only two for the end of warranty. Leandro Barbosa(who posted here in GTP) bought a T300 and with 3 weeks the same problem as mine, Leandro Praxedes, a guy who used to race with me, bought a T300 and in the FIRST week the wheel got brokenhe replaced the mother board and the wheel is work fine until now(I think that it have 11 months now).

But here in Brazil, only to send the wheel to TM's support is almost halt the price of a new wheel, then we have to pay to get it back at our homes, so, it's almot the same of buy a new one. And let's not forget Bruno(a brazillian gtp user) who send his T300 base and TM sent the TX base to him...

I did not know that is cost to much to ship for you guys, That is terrible! Is it possible to buy Internationally from Walmart in Brazil? Because shipping is included with their service plan, and right now the service plan is only $37.00. With the shipping cost for Thrustmaster so expensive in Brazil I understand having to buy Logitech.

My Thrustmaster just arrived :dopey: the box did give me a fright as it said Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel on it but the box inside it is the T300RS... Phew! I'll do a first impression and short review soon! The durability issues have had me on edge so let's hope I don't manage to break it within 24hrs. Well that depends if it will last 24hrs. Straight :sly:

First impression: Holy moly... It's super fast, feels great, dead silent. Such a different feel from the DFGT. I love it!

Short review: Initially I hopped into a NSX on SH and turned off all aids felt like a whole new experience which was much more realistic with the belt driven force feedback in comparison to the clunky DFGT. I heard complaints about the fan being to quiet but so far I can hear it but only if I get really close to the wheel so I'm not sure how quiet people must play thei racers.

The feel was great, precise and smooth which is what I was looking for. The feel of the DFGT wasn't bad it was good but this is such a step up. The design is sleek and awesome, the paddles feel great especially coming from little buttons behind the wheel. I'm really bad at anything writing wise sorry but I just think this wheel is outstanding and I'm happy with my purchase despite being very pricey.

The only complaint I have are putting it together was a bit of a mess but that's my fault haha. Sorry as I said I can't think of much but I think it's great and if I had to rate it probably a very high rating infact maybe even a perfect score when it comes to using it. I don't even have a wheel set up and it still works well on a coffee table but a problem that occurs is the pedals sliding forward due to the force required even with 10kg weight infront of the pedal set. Also I heard someone compare the DFGT pedals to the T300RS' which is odd because I think they feel very different besides the fact there are only two.

If you have any questions ask because I'm quite rubbish at "reviews" haha.

@Aaroh Here's my odd review

Last edited:
@Aaroh Here's my odd review

Thanks Thomas, hopefully your T300 lasts for a long time :)

I've been using my G27 for 2 years now. I recently tried out my 3 year old DFGT and surprisingly, I found its force feedback to be much stronger. I think there's something not right with my G27.

The T300RS is now officially available on Amazon in India with 1 year warranty. Problem is that I don't think Thrustmaster support exists here. Even though the site says there is warranty, I don't want to end up in a situation where I have to pay for the shipping of the replacement. Also, the T300 is about USD 200 more expensive than the G29.

I really don't know what to do. I'm confident that the G29 will last for a long time but it won't be much of an upgrade. I want the T300 but I think its a pretty big risk in my situation.

:confused:

I know your pain, Aaroh.

But in my case, the G29 wasn't availible yet and the only good wheel was the T300(and i have to admit, i really wanted it).

My wheel dream was the G25, always wanted it, to be honest, i thinking in take a a G25/27 and buy a adapter to use it on the PS4, but i'm afraid of the feedback/wheel not work properly.

I'll put my TH8A and T500 pedals to sell on the internet to day, hope they sell fast(dobout it) so can have my new wheel before Assetto Corsa and GTS Beta is realeased.

What feedback settings are you using @Thomas2012? I've been messing about with high sensitivity and low torque lately, around 9 and 3. I like the feel so far. First time wheel user here, only got the wheel about a month ago.

Thanks Thomas, hopefully your T300 lasts for a long time :)

I've been using my G27 for 2 years now. I recently tried out my 3 year old DFGT and surprisingly, I found its force feedback to be much stronger. I think there's something not right with my G27.

The T300RS is now officially available on Amazon in India with 1 year warranty. Problem is that I don't think Thrustmaster support exists here. Even though the site says there is warranty, I don't want to end up in a situation where I have to pay for the shipping of the replacement. Also, the T300 is about USD 200 more expensive than the G29.

I really don't know what to do. I'm confident that the G29 will last for a long time but it won't be much of an upgrade. I want the T300 but I think its a pretty big risk in my situation.

:confused:

I'd think really hard on it because even I'm still worried about my T300's durability so far no issues that I can't tell and working great but it would take me a while to realise that there is a problem so I'm still worried on that. I'd be really puzzled with what to do in your situation so I'd keep thinking on it. While you do think just keep saving up so even if you get one and it doesn't go to plan you'll have left over at least. 👍

What feedback settings are you using @Thomas2012? I've been messing about with high sensitivity and low torque lately, around 9 and 3. I like the feel so far. First time wheel user here, only got the wheel about a month ago.

I started off with 5 and 5 to play around which already felt massively different but I'm hoping to move both up since I did use 10 and 10 on my DFGT but after getting used to it. :) wow! First time wheel is a T300! Very nice are you enjoying it?

Edit: Just tried 9 and 3 I kinda like it

Last edited:
I started off with 5 and 5 to play around which already felt massively different but I'm hoping to move both up since I did use 10 and 10 on my DFGT but after getting used to it. :) wow! First time wheel is a T300! Very nice are you enjoying it?

Edit: Just tried 9 and 3 I kinda like it

Enjoying very much thank you. @LeGeNd-1 suggested using as much sensitivity as you can while force is personal preference. I was using low settings before, around *6 sens. *3 torque. Maybe good settings for a break in period? Do these things need to break in? Either way I'm very happy with this wheel so far.

*whoops. Updated real previous settings.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I bought my T300RS in last Christmas, and with no more than a couple days the Pedals starts screaming... squeaking... both accelerator and brake... its annoying! Following suggestions I have tried to lubricate it, but after 2-3 weeks the noise is back.

I have no problems whatsoever with the wheels, just the pedals.

So I wonder about the warranty: can anyone confirm that they change the product for a new one? Or it is refurbished units? I am living in Germany, if anyone could comment I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Alex

Another thing: is this normal to all T300RS pedals? This is a 1 month used pedal, always on socks or my bare feet, never touched by a tennis or boots.

On the box they say "Stainless Steel Pedals"... wtf?! My old G27's 5 year old pedals was looking just like new! Are yours like this too?

8FO8Yi.jpg

Thanks!!!

Alex

Ok, had some proper time with everything now, so full review time of my upgrade from the G27 w/GTEye spring upgrades to a T300RS, T3PA-Pro pedals and TH8A shifter.

First up: Setup

I'm playing at my desk, which is a relatively flimsy Ikea computer desk, but it has the right dimensions and height for my space and it's up against the wall. I'm on thin carpet and I'm using an Ikea Markus office chair which has casters on it. So, the wheel mounts just fine to the desk. Very strong clamp, much better than the G27's cheap one which could be moved under hard corrections. The TH8A shifter also clamps quite well next to it. I was very concerned that the great height of the shifter in that position would be a problem, but it really hasn't been so far, especially as it sticks out a bit, bringing it a little closer than the G27 shifter would be. I might still get a short shaft replacement at some point, but not super worried about it at the moment. The T300 clamped to the desk also sticks out farther than G27 does, which makes my reach of the pedals without being slammed up against the wheel a *bit* harder, but it's also quite manageable. Those pedals need to be up against the wall because just like the GTEye-equipped G27 pedals, they'll slide back under heavy braking. And when up against the wall, I'm pushed back unless I throw my 1x12 guitar amp behind my roll-y chair. With the conical brake mod requiring quite heavy pressure, I was quite worried this would be an issue, but my guitar amp holds me in place just fine.

So all in all, with nothing bolted down, no special wheel stand, just clamped to a flimsy desk - everything works great. That was probably my biggest worry, as I dont have room for a dedicated stand setup at all.

I also cannot have the wheel and shifter permanently mounted to the desk due to lack of space, so the ability to take it off and on is a big factor and thankfully, it's actually easier than it is for the G27. I have the pedal cable routed up behind the desk and I can just plug it in quite easily to the back of the wheel when needed. The wheel itself stays plugged into the power and sits next to the desk on a little shelf, where I can just grab it and clamp to the desk really easily(same with the shifter). Then just plug the USB cables in. The G27 was a pain doing this because I had to leave everything connected as everything was connected underneath the wheel, meaning you had to make sure it was all hooked up before you clamped it to the desk. This also meant all the wires were forever getting hellishly tangled, which isn't a problem at all with the T300. So yea, this whole section may not matter much to wheel stand/cockpit users, but for desk users - big props to the T300 being more convenient to use. As always with tech, the quicker and easier it is to use - the more likely you are to use it regularly.

Wheel and Base

I really like the RS rim. I've heard some reports that the rubber wasn't as nice to hold as the 'leather' wrapped wheel on the G27. I couldn't disagree more. I think the material is quite nice feeling and most of all, the actual grip is much more 'real' and pleasant due to the rim feeling more solid underneath your fingers. Despite being leather-wrapped, the G27 wheel still feels plasticky. I also like the button placements a lot more. More spread out in easy-enough to reach places that a more aligned with what you'd expect of a race car wheel. Plus more buttons overall. The buttons feel good themselves and even the D-pad is enjoyable and tactile despite its very short actuation. The paddles are good, but actually not a huge step up from the G27's in my opinion. I'm not disappointed though as the G27's paddles were one of the wheel's brightest aspects. Overall weight and size of the wheel dont make it feel totally real, but definitely a whole lot closer than G27's little diameter and light build.

The base is hefty and large(relative to G27) but not to any cumbersome degree. The fans do like to come on after about 10-15 minutes of driving which are definitely noiser than ideal, but not awful(bit louder than my PC due to being closer to my head) and I'm usually always wearing headphones anyways.

Shifter

So yea, this is a major upgrade over the G27's. It was always the weakest part of that package and when you hear people say things like, "Makes 'x' feel like a toy", I think this is the most obvious example of that. It's lovely. Big and heavy duty, it feels like serious equipment. The actual gear shift action is very satisfying. It's not a slick, short action shift by any means - it's got a long and 'gated' throw to it, reminiscent of something you'd find in an 80's Ferrari or something. I'd actually prefer a slightly shorter shaft(largely just for better reach since I have mine mounted to a desk and not lower to my side) and will probably upgrade to that eventually, but it still feels all so nice compared to what I was using before. Shifting isn't as easy with the G27 in terms of accuracy, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there very quickly. Particularly, the 5th->6th shift can be difficult. 1->2 isn't so bad cuz you're up against the left wall. 2nd to 3rd is basic. 3rd to 4th is easy because it's the 'resting' straight up position for the stick. 4th to 5th also simple. But 5th to 6th is done with the stick at an angle and no right wall to rely on and is the only one really causing my any issues, albeit minor ones. I also like having Reverse be a proper gear and not one I have to 'depress' the stick to get to like with the G27. Haven't used the 7th gear yet but I do know a couple cars have it in H-box form so it will be useful for when I do use them.

Very happy with it overall.

Pedals

Just to get it out of the way - the standard T300 pedals are awful. Worse than the G27's pedals even without the GTEye springs, plus no clutch. If you're entering this 'range' of wheel hardware, they are a joke and seem included merely so you have something, but the price is basically all about the wheel and you will want to add on either the T3PA or T3PA-Pro's.

Which I did, the Pro's specifically. I very much wanted inverted pedals. I'm used to driving normal road cars and I thought having the pedals depressed like I normally would would be much better than having that little bit of arch to depress the ground pedal layout(especially since I have them flat on the ground and not angled like in many wheel stands). I definitely thought right. I love it. Pressing the pedals feels like a much more natural motion for my legs. The pedals themselves aren't so great, though. A bit disappointing first impression. The gas and clutch are a lot lighter than my G27 with more resistant springs. The brake pedal stock is nothing special at all. But of course that's where the included brake mods come in! I never tried the old T500 spring brake mod, but I jumped straight to the conical mod as that's what most reviews raved about. And I see why. At the furthest position, it's near on perfect for my setup(as again, I've got a roll-y chair with a guitar amp behind me to stop me being pushed back so I can only deal with so much resistance). The last 1/3rd of the travel really require some hefty pressure and that's exactly what you want. It feels progressive, so you can really put your foot down and find that threshold limit and keep it there as your speed reduces. My braking was much improved pretty much immediately. Consistency, especially. Before, with the G27 w/GTEye, it was hard to keep at the limits during the whole braking section, meaning that even if I arrived at a braking zone at the same speed and hit the brakes at the same marker, it was very hard for me to consistently arrive at my turn-in at the right point and right speed. I'm doing it much more regularly now and it's improved my slow-speed placement a whole lot. Everything starts with braking so this is such a huge upgrade for me. And also why the stock T300 pedals are.......garbage. They're garbage, seriously. Upgrade immediately if you haven't already.

Also final note on these - I do like the somewhat heavy duty quality of the build, but it's not perfect. The metal plate that you have to convert to the other side to do inverted style pedals doesn't have the most lined-up holes so I cant even get one of the nuts on one of the screws. So I've got a bit of metal tapping on that side of the plate when I put my foot there. I also dont think the pedal depress itself feels very heavy duty. It actually feels a bit on the plasticky side. I'll be interested in seeing what some gas and clutch spring upgrades do to make them feel a bit better.

Force Feedback

This is obviously a key bit, yea? Sorry I'm only just getting around to it, but I'm trying to give a thorough review of everything for others doing some research.

Anyways, well............it's good! Frankly, the biggest improvement for me is just how smooth and quiet it is. The G27 is something that you are often actively fighting and it loves to make a loud racket when you're running over some tall curbs or something. I couldn't run it past 9PM at my place as it was just too loud. The T300 just glides along gracefully with nary a peep. It's not silent, but it's quiet. The fan noise from the base when it comes on is the only real aspect you could say provided any noticeable noise. I can easily run it at night, though I do forego the shifter as that still has a bit of a clunk to it when you hit the walls of it, being metal on metal.

The FFB is also notable because it's the wheel transmitting the detail. With the G27, the base would often just 'rumble' and while some of that came through the wheel, you could easily feel it was being generated elsewhere. The T300 definitely gives you a lot more direct and detailed information. At the settings I'm running, it's not super forceful at all, so I cant vouch for the limits of its power, but I dont think I'd want to go up higher. Power doesn't necessarily translate to more quality at all. You want something that feels natural, smooth and precise and this has all of that. It's also very quick. I've found I can catch slides and perform corrections far easier than before. Almost like there's simply less latency. That might not be what it is, but it's what it feels like, however they're accomplishing it.

Software Experiences

So I still haven't had the opportunity to delve into a bunch of different games, but I've given it a good go in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, rFactor 2 and then a bit in Driveclub just to test out the PS4 compatibility.

Assetto Corsa was great out-the-box once I had the controls assigned like I needed. Honestly, each car I drove was like driving it for the first time. I cannot get over how awesome it is and how much more amazing each car's character is once you've got something that lifts the veil of mediocre FFB and gives you something that lets the cars speak. This is definitely the standard bearer right here from what I've tried.

Project Cars took a bit of fussing with settings but ultimately I've got it feeling quite nice. Like AC, driving familiar cars was a somewhat unfamiliar experience, but for the better, though not quite to the amazing level that AC brings it to. Quite happy with it.

rFactor 2.......I just cant get it feeling right. I've done everything 'recommended' but it's not giving me much FFB at all. I might try messing with the Thrustmaster settings themselves, like maybe adding some dampening forces, but it's definitely disappointing compared to the great FFB that it was giving before with the G27(by G27 standards, of course).

Lastly, I tried Driveclub simply because it's the only racing game I have for PS4 and I wanted to make sure it was all working properly before Gran Turismo comes along. Specifically, I wanted to test the TH8A->T300 base DIN connection, which I cant get working on PC for the life of me. On PC, I'm stuck hooking up the shifter through USB, which is fine, but on PS4, there's only two USB ports so I dont want to take up both of them. Which wasn't much of a worry since I couldn't get the shifter working with the USB port anyways, though thankfully it was working with the DIN connector at the wheel. This means my issue is not hardware-related so I dont have to send anything back, and I can live with the PC/USB connectivity. As far as the Driveclub experience goes - it was alright. FFB was.......there and good for what it is. It's really not my type of game, I kind of got it super cheap just to take screenshots of cars in nice scenery, but surprisingly found that the bikes were a good bit of fun, so I do play around with that every once in a while(with the gamepad). But yea anyways, it works good with Driveclub apart from one wonky instance where the FFB and inputs cut out after a crash(where even the DS4's inputs stopped working), but after turning FFB strength down in-game, never happened again.

Conclusion

It's a huge upgrade from the G27, plain and simple. There's very few areas where it's anything less than revelatory, mainly the gas and clutch pedals. My driving was immediately improved and the immersiveness is greatly enhanced through better feeling equipment. People who say that a G27 feels like a toy by comparison - it indeed does.

That said, I am not going to rubbish the G27 completely. Frankly, I feel the T300 setup really needs the T3PA(or Pro's) to really be an upgrade. And ideally the shifter, too(I couldn't live without one). Which to me, makes the T300 more of a $500-600 setup. Worth it? Yes, if you love your sim racing, I imagine it's very hard to do better for the money. That said, this means you cant really beat the G27 for the money, either. It's still a reasonably decent and complete setup at an affordable price, great for any enthusiast who doesn't want to spend half a thousand dollars. It's also quite reliable, which the Thrustmasters seem like they have a lot of problems with. And the G27 has great compatibility and out-of-box operation with most titles. So I cant crap on it, it's a top value for what it is.

But the T300 and friends are simply better. And I love it. It was actually something of an impulse buy, but I had the money to spare and felt I love my sim racing enough that I'll get my money's worth out of it. And I'm pretty darn sure I will.

Thanks for anybody who sat through this whole thing and I hope this might help even just one or two people out there make a decision.

- Sean

Last edited:
Nice review Sean and a great conclusion too. 👍

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the G27 is better than a T300, in fact it's fairly obvious which is the better wheel. The benefits of the T300 just come at a much greater price especially when buying the complete setup T300 + TH8A + T3PA(-pro), it's in a different price bracket altogether.

The Logitech G27 is great value for money, reliable and still well respected. It's just a shame that PS4 owners can't use it.

Great review 👍 Really helped me get a good idea of where the T300's strengths and weaknesses are. It's a shame the gas and clutch pedals aren't quite up to the standard of the rest of the package. I wonder how the G27's pedal set fare? With a conical brake mod + Ricmotech adapter it could prove to be a better (and cheaper!) option.

Obviously price is a big consideration as you said. Buying the wheel itself won't be much of an upgrade. Makes me appreciate how well priced my G25 was really (don't forget the H-shifter/sequential too, even better than G27's ;)).

Now fingers crossed reliability won't be a problem for you 👍

About the Pedals, yes, my gas pedal on the T500 pedals set is way worse than yours. I don't know why "stainless steel" gets rust so s fast.

About the Pedals, yes, my gas pedal on the T500 pedals set is way worse than yours. I don't know why "stainless steel" gets rust so s fast.
Stainless steel comes in many different categories. This is clearly the cheaper stuff (my pedals are still fine though).

If I compare the T3PA(-pro) and G25 pedals, I much prefer the spacing and longer throw of the Thrustmasters. (Edit: not to mention the higher resolution of the Thrustmaster pedals). Racing in socks I am quite happy with the amount of force needed on the accelerator/clutch. Inverting them and racing in shoes the accelerator force would be very low, no doubt there.

Last edited:
If I compare the T3PA(-pro) and G25 pedals, I much prefer the spacing and longer throw of the Thrustmasters. (Edit: not to mention the higher resolution of the Thrustmaster pedals).

I think the resolution only depends on the wheel base. G25 pedals connected to a TM base via an adapter has the same resolution.

I got in my closet and get a look at my orriginal T300 pedals set, i only used it for a mounth and the metal part of the pedals are strange, no rust signs but definitly don't look like a new one.

In terms of gas and clutch resistance? I'm not doubting the rest of the package is better.
Well when you consider the price difference between the two, the Logitech being included with the wheel and the T3PA-Pro being additional £/$; The T3PA-Pro should be awesome with a much improved gas and clutch resistance.

Well when you consider the price difference between the two, the Logitech being included with the wheel and the T3PA-Pro being additional £/$; The T3PA-Pro should be awesome with a much improved gas and clutch resistance.

Ok, then it's weird that @Seanspeed reported the gas and clutch resistance is less for T3PA Pro than G27.

Last edited:
Ok, then it's weird that Seanspeed reported the gas and clutch resistance is less for T3PA Pro than G27.
Let's get things straight.... The T3PA-Pro pedals feel sturdier than G25/27 ones, they have a nice feel when moving, they have a longer throw than G25/27 ones. The brake is firmer even without the conical brake mod (adding the mod makes it much firmer and progressive). But the accelerator and clutch are less firm than the G25/27 equivalents.

Obviously this is deliberate.

The fact that the pedals are designed to be inverted means it's also deliberate that the accelerator and clutch have identical firmness.

I'd argue that the throw and resolution means it's not difficult to adjust to the lighter accelerator, especially if you simrace in socks. I find myself able to adjust between Clubsport, G25 and Thrustmaster pedals with very little issue.

The only case where the pedal firmness is likely to be a problem in my opinion is if you need to invert them and want to wear shoes, and only then if you sit quite upright.

Let's get things straight.... The T3PA-Pro pedals feel sturdier than G25/27 ones, they have a nice feel when moving, they have a longer throw than G25/27 ones. The brake is firmer even without the conical brake mod (adding the mod makes it much firmer and progressive). But the accelerator and clutch are less firm than the G25/27 equivalents.

Obviously this is deliberate.

The fact that the pedals are designed to be inverted means it's also deliberate that the accelerator and clutch have identical firmness.

I'd argue that the throw and resolution means it's not difficult to adjust to the lighter accelerator, especially if you simrace in socks. I find myself able to adjust between Clubsport, G25 and Thrustmaster pedals with very little issue.

The only case where the pedal firmness is likely to be a problem in my opinion is if you need to invert them and want to wear shoes, and only then if you sit quite upright.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I did not even consider the inverted issue. Certainly it's not possible to have gas and clutch with different resistance in that case. Do you know if the basic T3PA feel any different, because they can't be inverted?

I will likely use the pedals non-inverted, and I only race in socks, but even with G25 sometimes I feel the gas has too little resistance. I guess I'll just have to get used to it like you said (or just get Ricmotech adapter). If the G25 gas pedal stiffness is 100%, what would you rate T3PA Pro at roughly?

Another question, how quickly can you switch TH8A from H-gated to sequential? I'm really spoilt by the G25's switch knob and sometimes I even switch on the fly while driving :lol:

Last edited:
Pedal resistance for the T3PA is shown here: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t3pa-add

Since I own both the T3PA and T500 pedals (identical to T3PA-Pro), I'd say that the Pros have the same basic resistance for both the brake and accelerator, and the clutch is the same as the accelerator on the Pros, whereas it's stiffer on the T3PA.
Note also that the manual of the Pros lists a higher maximum resistance via the conical brake mod, presumably due to slightly different mounting position on the Pros. You can download it from the Thrustmaster support site.

The TH8A is covered in a separate GTP thread. Short version is that it takes a couple of minutes to switch from sequential to H, or from either mode to analog handbrake mode (3rd function, accessible only on PC via the drivers I think). You have to unscrew the shifter knob and 4 bolts, rotate the mechanism 90 degrees, switch covers and screw the bolts back up. Personally I find the H mode more convincing than the sequential mode, so made the decision to just leave it in H mode and use paddles for sequential cars. No regrets on that.

I reckon it blows away the G25 shifter in H mode. I found I never was able to enjoy the G25 shifter in H mode because it was too toy-like. No such issues with the TH8A.

Pedal resistance for the T3PA is shown here: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t3pa-add

Since I own both the T3PA and T500 pedals (identical to T3PA-Pro), I'd say that the Pros have the same basic resistance for both the brake and accelerator, and the clutch is the same as the accelerator on the Pros, whereas it's stiffer on the T3PA.
Note also that the manual of the Pros lists a higher maximum resistance via the conical brake mod, presumably due to slightly different mounting position on the Pros. You can download it from the Thrustmaster support site.

The TH8A is covered in a separate GTP thread. Short version is that it takes a couple of minutes to switch from sequential to H, or from either mode to analog handbrake mode (3rd function, accessible only on PC via the drivers I think). You have to unscrew the shifter knob and 4 bolts, rotate the mechanism 90 degrees, switch covers and screw the bolts back up. Personally I find the H mode more convincing than the sequential mode, so made the decision to just leave it in H mode and use paddles for sequential cars. No regrets on that.

I reckon it blows away the G25 shifter in H mode. I found I never was able to enjoy the G25 shifter in H mode because it was too toy-like. No such issues with the TH8A.

To be honest, TM could have designed the T3PA Pro pedals where the accelerator and clutch can have more resistance with a mod (like brake mod) so that it can work in both GT/Formula mode. However, the clutch needs more than linear resistance to feel better.

And in regards to TH8A, I agree with @LeGeNd-1 that I do wish it was much easier to switch the plates for different shifting mode.

Anyway, getting out of topic and should be moved over to these two threads:

Last edited:

In that case I think the normal T3PA is a better fit for me. Even though it's cool, the inverted pedal angle is too horizontal compared to a real car and I suspect it might feel awkward. I also don't have much time to play so I doubt I'll be messing around with pedals everytime I switch cars.

Unfortunately, I can't find numbers for Logitech pedals' resistance, so the numbers for TM are pretty meaningless without a point of reference.

That might be an issue for me. I often switch quickly between H-gate and sequential (acting as e-brake) in my G25. Certainly TH8A is much better but convenience is also a big factor for me. Can't have everything I suppose...

And sorry for posting off topic. I forgot those individual threads existed for TM pedals and shifter. Since all my questions have been answered, I promise this is my last post :P

Ok, then it's weird that @Seanspeed reported the gas and clutch resistance is less for T3PA Pro than G27.
Well I was largely comparing to my G27 pedals with upgraded springs(GTEye in brake, old brake spring in clutch and old clutch spring in throttle). But even compared to stock, I imagine there's probably little to no difference, though I haven't tried the G27's stock in a long time to do a proper back-to-back. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they(the TM's) still had less resistance. There's just so little of it.

It's also a matter of taste. I know some people dont want a heavier accelerator pedal. I admit with my G27, doing long races definitely put a wee bit of wear on my knee during all the full throttle stretches. But it still felt better and improved my throttle modulation. Some people can do fine without. It's not impossible to live with, but I could say the same thing about a weak brake pedal. In the end, I'd like about 2x the resistance for the accelerator and probably about 3x the resistance for the clutch.

Well I was largely comparing to my G27 pedals with upgraded springs(GTEye in brake, old brake spring in clutch and old clutch spring in throttle). But even compared to stock, I imagine there's probably little to no difference, though I haven't tried the G27's stock in a long time to do a proper back-to-back. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they(the TM's) still had less resistance. There's just so little of it.

It's also a matter of taste. I know some people dont want a heavier accelerator pedal. I admit with my G27, doing long races definitely put a wee bit of wear on my knee during all the full throttle stretches. But it still felt better and improved my throttle modulation. Some people can do fine without. It's not impossible to live with, but I could say the same thing about a weak brake pedal. In the end, I'd like about 2x the resistance for the accelerator and probably about 3x the resistance for the clutch.

Ah, thanks for that clarification. In that case the stock Logitech pedals are probably around the same level of TM's. I don't want a pedal that's too heavy either, but after using the Logitech for a long time it's going to be unnerving to use a lighter pedal (especially since TM costs more).

Thanks again for the help everyone :)

I was going to start a new thread for this topic, but figured I'd start by adding to this existing Thrustmaster thread, to demonstrate being a good GTP member.

So let me start by sharing, that I've recently learned, that I'm the king of pain! Let me please share my story, for currently I'm beyond disappointed with my Thrustmaster experience. The story begins with my lovely wifey being me a PS4 for the holidays, I had no choice but to find myself Project Cars and buy a new wheel. I quickly sold my trusty G27, and bought myself a brand new t300rs on 11/30/2015. Considering the holiday time, I didn't really get to nerd out until mid to late December. Time to play is rare, so I'd say that I didn't use my brand new wheel more than 24 hours. So what happened you may be asking, why the stink. Wait for it! So, Project Cars and the t300rs....wow did it take some time to dial in the FFB, really was an ongoing process. But then it happened...,three weeks ago I start up my console, the t300rs in its effort to initiate its self-calibration...rolls quickly to the right and smacks its end point...only to back up to maybe the mid point and then boom right back to the right end point...,smack! Certainly not normal, I found a thread about it...had to remove the wheel from the Playseat to run downstairs to the PC...download driver and some calibration program..which made the wheel just awesome for the hour worth of play time I could allocate to nerding out. The next day, I have a window to get some more nerd out time with pCars....turn on the console, this time the wheel went full blast to the right end point...BOOM....then same deal all the way to the left end point....BOOM!!! This sequence would continue until I unplugged it from the console....no playing for me!! So now as for feeling like a made a good purchase, that is gone...irony is the G29 came out only weeks after receiving my t300rs. I find out that it was too late to return it to Amazon...awesome! So after reading other nightmare stories with Thrustmaster, I decided to reach out to there customer service. They asked me to plug the wheel into the PC, funny how as a console user the support is PC based...but any way, I'm a sport sure if they want me to QA their product for them..I'll help them identify faults/bugs in their wheel that a consumer would expect the QA work to already have been done. At the end of the day I want a solution, so video uploaded to their cloud...I'm now awaiting a shipping label to return it to Thrustmaster for them to "fix it" and return it. I really hope that they do fix it and I get to enjoy their product. As is I feel like a massive sucker! I'll provide an update, but for now I'm waiting on receiving the labels. I figure if I haven't received them by mid-week I'll reach out again to them and ask why they hate me. I do hope that no one else has this experience, thus far its been one amazingly frustrating experience. Not to mention the wheel isn't the cheapest on the market. I just hope that they feel compelled to really go through the wheel and return a product that I initially anticipated to be top notch! Time will tell and ty for allowing me to rant!

Back