Best racing games with a wheel on PS4

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Tristan H, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Tristan H

Tristan H

So I just picked up a bargain G29 with a h shifter. Now I need to get some games that play well with the wheel. What do people recommend?

I already have Driveclub, Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and the original Dirt Rally.

dlshearon likes this.
  2. GTV0819

GTV0819

GT Sport?

dlshearon likes this.
  3. Tristan H

Tristan H

Is it specifically good playing with a wheel? From what I have heard it plays well on the controller, but isn't as good as AC or PC2 on a wheel.

4. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

You've got all you need.

5. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Agreed.

6. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

GT Sport if online racing is your thing.

dlshearon likes this.
  7. dlshearon

dlshearon

You got a good selection to start.
    I would add GTS because you can get it from $10-$20.

8. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

All the Dirt games are good but be careful with force feedback settings as they ripped the gears inside of my wheel to shreds, turn FFB down on dirt tracks. Got replacement wheel.

9. Tristan H

Tristan H

Anyone who has played these games with a wheel, can you advise if they are any good?
    • Wreckfest
    • The Crew 2
    • Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo

10. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Seb Loeb rally evo is like assetto corsa for rally. So hardcore and nice to drive. It does excel as a sim but not as a game; it lacks in graphics, fps and sounds.
    Also the single player/career content is top notch! You get to race with the real Loeb ghost on some special stages too!
    I highly recommend it!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  11. Torqueflight

Torqueflight

I think wreckfest is fantastic with a wheel. I have a T300 so not sure how it plays on a G29

12. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

13. GTV0819

GTV0819

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned about NFS: Heat yet. Could it be that it's not on par with the other racing games mentioned here? But then again, it's more of an arcade-style of a racing game.

14. Tristan H

Tristan H

Do you use a h shifter? It seems like it would be perfect for that.

I heard that it doesn't have wheel support. I would be interested in it if it did.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
    dlshearon likes this.
  15. GTV0819

GTV0819

Oh I see.

16. Sander 001

Sander 001

I find that GT Sport has by far the worst wheel\FFB out of all the racing games I've played. It's The main reason I lost interest in it and stopped playing.

Assetto Corsa is superb and so is F1.

GTMajarcus, John Wells and Georgeagea like this.
  17. NoStopN

NoStopN

I'm another who would mention GT Sport. I bought my wheel because I play GTS the most. I also use it on PC2.

I hadn't even tried Wreckfest with the wheel. I just hadn't even checked to see if the wheel was supported, so thanks for the heads up.

As mentioned, Heat released with no wheel support. But I'm not the only one looking forward to it gaining wheel support.

dlshearon likes this.
  18. Miths

Miths

The Crew 2 is sadly horrible with a wheel. Completely limp sensation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
  19. Torqueflight

Torqueflight

I do not use a shifter I probably would if I owned one tho.

20. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

SLRE and WRC8 for rally. Fia Truck Racing seems to do a decent job as well but haven't tried it myself .

21. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

I can recommend GT Sport (best online racing that's cheaper than buying an actual racing car, and a good counterpoint to the games OP already has). SLRE is also good, though it takes some getting used to how the cars handle (also, I really enjoyed the interviews with Seb in this game).

22. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

I have a friend who enjoys Wreckfest with his shifter. @rj5992 would you care to comment further?

I've been thinking of getting Wreckfest for Christmas - I thought family and friends who visit over the festive season might enjoy it with my wheel (T500) - they have previously enjoyed GT5, 6 and PC1, 2.

23. rj5992

rj5992

It's great fun with a wheel and shifter. You can have it in full manual with a working clutch. The ffb is surprisingly good, but you may want to turn down the gain a little. I remember it being very strong and I was worried about the internals of my souped up Logitech not being able to deal with it. There are other ffb options that you can change as well.

I highly recommend it for a bit of fun. Only thing that I wanted was an option to reduce the effect of the soft body physics. It looks fantastic from a third person perspective, but when using the cockpit view a good strong t-bone can bend the car so much that the in game wheel shifts to the right and leaves you with an A pillar in front of you.

I'll leave a link to a video that I recorded on PS4 using my G27, H Pattern Shifter and Manual Clutch.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  24. GTMajarcus

GTMajarcus

I played F1 2017 and 2018 with the G29, before I got my Fanatec, and I found the force feedback on those games to be great with the G29.