Best Rear End

• Thread starter Carbonite
  • 776 comments
I will never forget the first time I saw one of these. It was flat black and a serious douche was behind the wheel, but the way it looks in person combined with the sound :drool:

Want.
IMG_3628_zps4cf25359.jpg

Call me crazy?
mitsu07.jpg

Maybe I just have something for quad exhaust tips
8102738207_3258269010_o.jpg

That E31 looks amazing!

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved Imprezas, but you take that wing off and it looks like any other car on the road. And for that I disagree that the cars have a good rear end at all. It's kinda the same thing with that E46 above... yes, I know it's an amazingly capable car, but looking at it from a purely aesthetic view, it's amazingly dull. Eye of the beholder and all that, I guess.

Just about any car can look good from a staight-on rear angle if you lower it and put the right muffler on. Example:

image.jpg

I think this looks pretty mean (this particular muffler might actually look kinda weak, but I'm looking at the bigger picture)...

rsx_12.jpg

Leave off all the enhancements, and you have something your aunt might drive. These things are in fact driven by a lot of middle-aged women, I've noticed.

Just about any car can look good from a staight-on rear angle if you lower it and put the right muffler on. Example:
To be fair, the blue STI above is stock ride height, stock-ish exhaust (Cobb is only slightly larger, but hangs the same way as OEM) and looks no different, and I think it still looks good. I suppose I just see things a little different, I imagined it was a rally racer for the road (hence my WRC plate). :dopey:

Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept-2005-1600-08.jpg

2005-Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Aluminum-RA-1920x1440.jpg

Too bad this car wasn't given a green light signal for production. This would have fill up the gap for the Ford GT's absence. But man, that rear end though. It looked like a road going race car. :drool::eek:

Back