Best set up for GT6?

• Thread starter Spade13
  • 12 comments
United States
Texas
Anoush13
I've been playing Gran Turismo for a while now, but I've never really played with a steering wheel a whole lot. For the release of Gran Turismo 6, I want to finally invest in a steering wheel, so I can truly enjoy GT6 at its fullest :D

I used to have a Driving Force Pro back in the day for GT4, but I didn't use it a whole lot. The wheel eventually broke and I just always played with a controller since. My friend recently bought a Driving Force GT and I use it whenever I go over. I don't think the wheel feels that great, but I still enjoy playing it. Using the wheel makes me realize how much of a necessity it is to truly enjoy GT.

Now, while staying in budget I want to have a good set up for Gran Turismo 6. Personally I don't want to buy a basic wheel like Driving Force GT, but I don't want to spend $500 on a new Thrustmaster either. I was looking more into buying a Logitech G27 wheel. However I want to here you guy's input, too. The G27 wheel has been out for a while and I want to know if it truly still is a good wheel to buy. Also, are there anymore good steering wheels that you guys think are good?

Moved to the steering wheels forum as it's not really GT6 related.

Fanatec wheels are pretty good and the ones that work with the PS3 but not the XBox are a bit cheaper. Still the same wheel but without the 360 support they are up to $200 cheaper or were the last I looked.

When I bought mine they had the GT3 CS edition for like $349 which came with the Club Sport pedals. Not a bad price for that set up. You may want to visit their site and see what they have to offer now.

I've been playing Gran Turismo for a while now, but I've never really played with a steering wheel a whole lot. For the release of Gran Turismo 6, I want to finally invest in a steering wheel, so I can truly enjoy GT6 at its fullest :D

I used to have a Driving Force Pro back in the day for GT4, but I didn't use it a whole lot. The wheel eventually broke and I just always played with a controller since. My friend recently bought a Driving Force GT and I use it whenever I go over. I don't think the wheel feels that great, but I still enjoy playing it. Using the wheel makes me realize how much of a necessity it is to truly enjoy GT.

Now, while staying in budget I want to have a good set up for Gran Turismo 6. Personally I don't want to buy a basic wheel like Driving Force GT, but I don't want to spend $500 on a new Thrustmaster either. I was looking more into buying a Logitech G27 wheel. However I want to here you guy's input, too. The G27 wheel has been out for a while and I want to know if it truly still is a good wheel to buy. Also, are there anymore good steering wheels that you guys think are good?

Where are you located, Spade?

I've got a G27, I had a DFGT before. It's a clear upgrade in everything! I haven't tried any of the fanatech models to compare though.

Where are you located, Spade?

I live in Dallas, USA.

Thanks for the input everybody.

I looked at the Fanatec steering wheels and they look nice, however they seem to be a bit pricey. 911 GT3 RS wheel ($180) + CSR Pedals ($80) + CSR Shifter Set ($60) would come out to a total of $320. A Logitech G27 with steering wheel, pedals, and shifter all included is a whole $100 cheaper on Amazon. Would you guys say the Fanatec wheels are truly worth the extra $100? I don't want to go all out with my set up, but I at least want to have a good steering wheel.

I've got a G27, I had a DFGT before. It's a clear upgrade in everything! I haven't tried any of the fanatech models to compare though.

How would you review the G27? From your experience so far, does it run well, have good force feedback?

Maybe the force feedback of DFGT was a bit stronger, but still good. The whell is very silent since it doesnt have a belt! Also turning it does not feel so stiff as in DFGT, which was unnatural. Way better design every where, bigger wheel, better gear box, good pedals! No problems with either wheels.

Hello. I'm new and I'm wanting to get into the world of wheels. Game Gran Turismo 6 in control and plan to migrate pro wheel. After much research, I realized (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Fanatec is a beautiful machine. I found a kit Base V2 + V3 + Pedal BMW steering wheel. But I've no idea if this is the best option that is even I can set it up and calibrate it so you can enjoy this game and the future of Gran Turismo Sport (PS4). And the installation? Very complex? Thank you in advance if you can help me. I'm still learning. Hugs. John Paul

Get the V2. By the time GT Sport releases, probably by 2020, Fanatec will have released a PS4 compatible rim that will work with exclusives such as GT and Driveclub.

I doubt Thrustmaster expect to see the release of a new GT and not have a T500RS replacement.
This is not to say such is going to happen or that even a new "Official GT Wheel" will be better. Although it is no doubt a coveted product to offer and it having huge potential sales.

Fanatec themselves could also be working on a new wheel base and PS4 compatible rim.
The interchangeable rim solution has been good for both brands.

Latest Posts

Back