Best solution for me to play GT3, GT5 and Dirt Rally 2.0

Australia
Australia
GTPlanet I need your help,

I need an elegant solution to play Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 5 and Dirt Rally 2.0. Unfortunately these games are about 10 years apart, 20 years oldest to newest and on different platforms - PS2, PS3 and PC respectively. I currently have a PC setup with the Logitech G29. The wheel is probably the biggest inconvenience as having multiple consoles is ok but having to swap out three different wheels/pedals is a pain. A G27 is compatible with GT5 and Dirt 2.0 but probably not GT3.

Here are the console options I see for GT. I have a PC regardless for Dirt 2.0.
1. "PS2 backwards compatible" PS3 - 60Gb CECHA or 20Gb CECHB. One power and AV cable, neat.
2. Slim PS2 and Slim PS3. More cables to contend with but Slims are apparently more reliable.
3. PS3 only, play GT3 on PCSX2 emulator. Requires some geek wizardry which I could deal with, but rather not if I can avoid it. My specs are: i5 4690K up to 3.9GHz and a GeForce GT1030. I think this might be enough to run GT3 but not GT5 from what I've read.

As for the wheel:
1. G29 (I have) works with DiRT, probably GT5 and probably not GT3
2. G27 works with GT5 and DiRT. While writing this thread I have discovered it might also work with GT3 according to this ongoing thread:
3. Older two pedal, pre-G25 era Logitech "Force" wheels are likely best candidates for GT3.

Background: I grew up playing GT3 and GT5 and these are my favourite GTs. It definitely shaped me into being a car guy but also shaped my taste in music with it's groovy funky jazzy fusion.

tl;dr - I want to play GT3, GT5 and DiRT 2.0 with a wheel/cockpit with the least amount of hassle. Cheers and Merry Christmas

sim setup.JPG

Not setup atm. But looking to get behind the wheel for some drifting action over the summer break.

Back