Best Sounding Motorcycles

• Thread starter gasgas125
  • 38 comments
-> Somehow I can't still shake my goosebumps of hearing that "VTEC Bike" from either the VFR 800 Interceptor or the CB400!

^ That kick 'yo! :D

Ahem the Norton Rotary NRS588 race bike

Brian Crighton's CR700P rotary race bike at Festival of a thousand bikes

Trevor Nation rides the Norton Rotary race bike around Donington Park GP circuit

Gotta love a triple, the intoxicating, enveloping induction howl is just glorious.

Yamaha's crossplane engines get my vote, too - no need to mention that quick-shifters are fun.

The 270° firing interval is golden in general.

To finish, a pair of Guzzi V8s; one flatplane, the other crossplane.

It has to be 15 years ago, but I saw [if I'm not mistaken] a Confederate in Tupelo, Miss. that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Even though I'm pretty sure it was basically a Harley, it didn't sound like any Harley I'd ever heard.
The Confederat P120?
I really don't know. You can probably figure it was '98 or '99.
Then it was probably a First Gen. Hellcat.

Also, DERP'd. Read "15 years ago" as "a couple years ago"
Oh, just responding after seven years.

:lol:

Not a Hellcat. I think I'd have been able to say with confidence that it was a Hellcat if it had been. They definitely have a...look.

Looking at Confederates, toying with the idea of buying a used one, I remembered this exchange and I'm fairly certain (provided my memory can be trusted) that it was an America GT.

2-1641419670841.jpg

I've heard Harleys with SuperTrapps and it wasn't the same. Maybe it was the combination of the bigger displacement and plate tuning.

Oh, just responding after seven years.
A literal blast from the past 😂😂😂

Looking at Confederates, toying with the idea of buying a used one,

Ooh those honestly are good bikes for the money. Servicing them shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm also thinking of buying two bikes; Moto Guzzi Audace:

1audace.jpg

Basically a sleeker, baggles, deflector-less California 1300.

And a Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Gen III:

Also I'm obsessed with that helmet 🙈

I'm also looking into maybe getting a BMW R18 instead of the Audace.

517a97ae0ff1063e646783582a8a7d81df5b719d.jpg

The only Moto Guzzi Audace in the country is all the way in Saskatchewan. They're kind of rare here :/

Last edited:
Back