Best Starter Car?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Liquid, Mar 9, 2011.

1. BrodieBoi94

BrodieBoi94

The S13 Silvia is a beast..light weight..200HP...earn some cash and juice it, and you're good...
    Also the MA70 supra...
    When I first played Gran Turismo 1 I was 5 years old...
    The Supra was the 1st car I bought everytime until like last year...
    At 5 years old I took that car and earned 300,00+ dollars...
    It's a great starter car...
    On the downside it's hella heavy...

2. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

I won't say it's the best, but it seems in the saves I have access to, the S13Silvia K was my car of choice to start with.

3. Flaze

Flaze

I started with the GTO '92, the car's not bad, when you buy all parts and get it racing mod, it's pretty good for doing Clubman cup in.

4. karelpipa

karelpipa

i always wanted to start with that 4x4 Skyline, but never got it for less than 10k cr..
    So i started with: Prelude 94, Red Supra Turbo and old RX-7

5. ThreeSocks

ThreeSocks

88' Silvia s13 K 1800cc

Almost every time I start a new game. Unless I feel like starting with the 400r. Its 5,100 I think and after the first week its 5,010. Something like that. And, black is a decent color on almost any car in the game. With it I've won every event it can be entered into except normal car challenge. The Race-kit is a tad goofy but, I've learned to like it.

But, I guess I can't say its the best starter. I haven't tried all of them yet. I tend to avoid the supra since I think its ugly and overrated. I'd honestly rather drive a miata. I don't like FWD but, civic hatch is a good starter.

Actually, BEST Started car is probably the 400r. You don't need gold in A & B so just breeze through passing with whatever times count as passing. In the iA you have some opportunity to ride the walls (if you need to) in most of the tests. I think its easier to get all golds in iA than in A. As soon as you get it you can beat normal car challange and start selling the prize cars making money before ever spending any.

I understand that no one is likely to read this but, whatever I just felt like sharing.

6. ChaosweaveR

ChaosweaveR

Wow, am I the only one who went for the 1990 Nissan Primera 2.0Te? Then again, I usually like to give myself a challenge. I stuck with the Primera in the spot races until I got all the licenses, then go for the FF challenge, and Autumn Cup. By then I'd have enough to get my reliable Galant VR4.

7. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

I realise this post is years old but... are you serious? I have GT1 and 2 sitting here (that I've had since they were released) with no PS1 to play them on. I have had a PS3 for years and years... I'm absolutely LIVID.

8. karelpipa

karelpipa

(Read this in Morpheus' voice)
    What if i tell you
    your PS2 can play them too.

Its a pity that no newer PS (Starting with PS4) will ever be back compatible, except for games which will be re-released/remastered. So they can milk money on it. (ehm PlayStation Classic)

RikkiGT-R likes this.
  9. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

My PS2 is a super slim - is that backwards compatible? I've always believed it wasn't. This is an outrage.

10. karelpipa

karelpipa

Oh, i am not sure, i can try it. But you can try it too :)

11. submaniac93

submaniac93

As far as i'm aware all PS2 models should be able to play PS1 games, though I think later PS2 models started emulating parts of the PS1 hardware, but GT shouldn't have any problems I would think.

flanylla, BKGlover and karelpipa like this.
  12. flanylla

flanylla

That's right. You'll have to mod the system and use GSM though to force 480i/576i if you're using component cables, since most TVs won't accept 240i/288i over component or HDMI. For PS1 best option therefore is an RGB SCART or a PS3.

On topic now, the GTO '92 for 8500ish credits is probably the most powerful starter at 212bhp.

13. karelpipa

karelpipa

Supra costs less and have 236hp iirc.

flanylla likes this.
  14. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I totally agree. My first videogame car ever (not in GT, but in a PS1-era game called Ford Racing) was a Ford Ka. Total slug, top speed of about 74 miles per hour. And in that game, tuning options are quite limited. But I think if I'd started in some rear-drive death demon I never would have "got it", so far as how to take corners, how to reintroduce throttle (however meager) and so on.

That being said, my first and favorite starter would be the '88 Nissan Silvia Q's, which of course, is rear-drive. But by the time I started driving it, I already had plenty of experience with some rear-drives in Ford Racing.

15. flanylla

flanylla

I actually learn to drive right now in a Ford Ka :D

Anyway, yeah, I guess that makes a lot of sense. FF cars are pretty suitable for beginners in the game, I personally like putting my little sister in the FTO in the arcade mode because it's so easy to drive :p

16. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

A real Ford Ka, flanyila? :) If so, I'm jealous!

17. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Started a new game this week for the first time since pre-GT2 days. Got my B license (not all golds yet) and bought a Silvia K's because my beloved CRX wasn't available yet. Man it's hard going from a T300 and GT Sport back to this! Still won my first Sunday Cup, but the controls are pretty trash by modern standards.

18. flanylla

flanylla

@Parnelli Bone Yep, 2017 model, I prefer the new model designs ^^

@MidFieldMaven Yeah the controls are difficult to get used to but still fun and IMO GT1 would hold up very well if it was released now as an arcade racer

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  19. o000o

o000o

MA70 Supra that has 236 HP is the best one.