Best value wheel for gts?

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 32 comments
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
leexr2i
so I’m looking to get myself a PS4 pro now that gts is out but have read that my dfgt is not going to be compatible..
What wheels are there available??
Are there any under £100 worth using? The dfgt has surved me well and there is no way I can/want to/will my wife let me spend silly money on one.

Ok thanks.. many people in here using it? Is that going to be at the same level as the dfgt?

I have the Thrustmaster T150 as well, and from memory it compares fairly favourably to the Driving Force Pro I had many years ago. While I can rarely be bothered to set it up anymore for other reasons, I have been quite satisfied with it, even after using a much better Logitech G25 for years.

Stay far away from the cheaper T100 if you should happen to come across one. I initially bought one when I moved here to Bulgaria, and aside from the FFB motor seeming to develop a faulty jerky motion after just a couple of weeks use, it generally felt like junk compared to the T150.

The alternative to the T150 is the G29 Logitech.

Note that with the T150 there is a "pro" version, which has much better pedals, apparently its worth the extra to go for these.

Also be aware that the T150 has no hard mount points, just clamps.

I picked up the Ferrari branded T150 from Smyths Toys for £139. It doesn't feel as premium as my old G25, but the feedback feels great. Totally worth it.

Note that with the T150 there is a "pro" version, which has much better pedals, apparently its worth the extra to go for these.

But richmotec had an adapter you can get to hard mount it

Screenshot_20171019-170523.png

I’m using a t150 and it seems to be ok. I’ve never used another wheel and bought it when I got into iRacing. Try and get the better 3 pedal set if you can. There is also a couple of options for a load cell brake mod. Granted it’s an expensive one. Maybe look at the fanatec csl elite as well. More expensive but they have a 3 pedal set with a load cell.

I have a G29. With pcars 1 the FFB was mind-blowing, in GTS its underwhelming. I can let go of the wheel on a straight at 150 mph and nothing happens. It doesnt move. From what I've read some wheel's have better experiences. Either way helps if you have a PC as well to plug it into to make sure firmware is the latest. Steering wise its great, pedals too although you DO have to stomp on the brake pedal to slow down. You can fix this by removing a rubber stop apparently.

If the G29 is as good as the G27 and G25 (except for not having an included shifter unit) it's in a different league than the T150, despite not being all that much more expensive (I just looked up Amazon UK prices).

If the G29 is as good as the G27 and G25 (except for not having an included shifter unit) it's in a different league than the T150, despite not being all that much more expensive (I just looked up Amazon UK prices).
The G29 is a good enough wheel (actually the pedals are the best bit about it), but it is effectively still the G27 re-branded and the geared FFB system is not as good as the T150's and its far noisier.

The optional shifter, while cheaper than the TH8A, is also very, very poor in comparison.

My money would go on the T150, its using better technology, has greater DoR, better resolution and a better upgrade path.

However the following may help out with the OP's question.

Sidenote: G27/G29 is not on par with G25, especially when it comes to FFB deadzone.

Damn I was going to buy a G29 but now I'm thinking thrustmaster. How much does a thrustmaster cost? I know the G29 is £220 in U.K.

Thanks

Damn I was going to buy a G29 but now I'm thinking thrustmaster. How much does a thrustmaster cost? I know the G29 is £220 in U.K.

Thanks

If you dont want to spend a lot of money you should go (with that order):
1.T150 or
2.G29
If you want to invest more money and get the best out of them there is one clear choice:
FANATEC
T300 is better than G29 (example) but if you do a quick search around you'll find too many posts talking about the wheel failing after 1-3 months.That speaks volumes about the poor built of a 500 (dollars/euros/whatever) wheel.
This is my opinion.

1.T150 or
2.G29
If you want to invest more money and get the best out of them there is one clear choice:
FANATEC
T300 is better than G29 (example) but if you do a quick search around you'll find too many posts talking about the wheel failing after 1-3 months.That speaks volumes about the poor built of a 500 (dollars/euros/whatever) wheel.
This is my opinion.

Thanks Jules

Thanks
Personally if you can stretch to it, I would strongly recommend the T300 Alcantara edition.
1.T150 or
2.G29
FANATEC
This is my opinion.
Early T300's had major QA issues, just as early Fanatec's have had (you will find plenty of similar stories for Fanatec wheels).

The current production runs of T300's are no worse than any other wheel on the market. I've been running my T300 for hours every day for over a year without a single issue, as have many others.

Personally if you can stretch to it, I would strongly recommend the T300 Alcantara edition.

Early T300's had major QA issues, just as early Fanatec's have had (you will find plenty of similar stories for Fanatec wheels).

The current production runs of T300's are no worse than any other wheel on the market. I've been running my T300 for hours every day for over a year without a single issue, as have many others.

Thanks Scaff

The G29 is a good enough wheel (actually the pedals are the best bit about it), but it is effectively still the G27 re-branded and the geared FFB system is not as good as the T150's and its far noisier.

While it's been more than four years since I sold my G25 (which was from the first batch back in late 2006 if I remember correctly and still going strong in 2013) when I moved abroad, from memory I feel like it was a wheel of significantly higher quality than my current T150. But it's possible that the FFB wasn't actually better (and yes, definitely noisier) and it's mostly the premium materials - leather, metal - that make me remember it as much better than the T150.

While it's been more than four years since I sold my G25 (which was from the first batch back in late 2006 if I remember correctly and still going strong in 2013) when I moved abroad, from memory I feel like it was a wheel of significantly higher quality than my current T150. But it's possible that the FFB wasn't actually better (and yes, definitely noisier) and it's mostly the premium materials - leather, metal - that make me remember it as much better than the T150.

In terms of the build materials the G series get a leather wrap, which I would agree is better than the rubber of the T150, however apart from that the rest of the materials are pretty much on par. Metal paddles, inner metal hoop for the rim, etc.

I suggest you to wait a moment and see what happens with wheel bug fix.
I canceled the order of a T150 because I read a lot of the issues GT sport has with Thrustmaster, now I wait and hope nex patches fix all.
I looked also to the g29, but I read the brake is very very hard and I don't like that

In terms of the build materials the G series get a leather wrap, which I would agree is better than the rubber of the T150, however apart from that the rest of the materials are pretty much on par. Metal paddles, inner metal hoop for the rim, etc.

Much better standard pedals too. And clutch pedal included with my G25 if I remember correctly (although I used paddles 95% of the time).

Latest Posts

Back