best wheel and pedals for dirt

• Thread starter Joohnny
  • 7 comments
xDumDum
xFuzey
Hi. i am wondering what is the best pedals and steering wheel for dirt3 and any other racing/rallying games i have an xbox so it needs to be xbox compatable all help appreciated.

thanks,John

I think you are pretty much limited to either a Fanatec wheelhttp://www.fanatec.de/ or Madcatz. As the MS wheel is discontinued, I believe.

Fanatec is the best wheel in the long run, more expensive by far, but a really good wheel, some actual users are on this forum that can comment.

As for the Madcatz, its cheaper but I think those wheels lack Force Feedback.

Coming from me, a Intermediate Sim Race fan, Force Feedback is a must if you are going to invest in a wheel.

Also, I see Fanatec is going to release a Forza 4 wheel (2 models)http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/forza-motorsport-csr-and-csr-elite-wheel-and-pedals-hands-on/ so if you have a few hundred $ to spend, wait for that one. But I know some people can't justify spending that kind of cash on a race wheel, so whatever is in your budget.

This scenario you are in is primarily why I bought a PS3, they have much better wheel support and Logitech makes inexpensive wheels that really make the experience.

Let's hope MS comes around!

Last edited:
I think most of us on gtplanet buy games like this on ps3 whenever possible due to the nice variety of wheels (T500rs, Logitech, etc). I'm personally using the t500rs / dirt 3 and having a blast 👍

On topic though since you only care bout 360, well guy above already answered. Fanatec is your only choice til the Mad Catz FFB wheel arrives

I'm happy with my fanatec turbo S +clubsport pedals :) the other fanatec wheels will be fine too.
If you do a lot of racing, you should definitely grab the clubsport pedals.

Fanatec GT2 wheel and Clubsport pedals. Period!

Have raced with G25 and G27 but nothing (thusfar) outperforms the GT2 wheel. The FFB is sooooo smooth.

When i race online with friends (who have g25/g27) it looks like their teeth come out (noise from internal ffb wheel in those wheel). I hear nothing (because gt2 is belt driven) from my wheel.

That combined with the Uber Clubsport pedals (with ABS vibration en loadcell brakes) makes a fantastic dirt experience for me.

ps. for PS3 the GT3 wheel is available. I race on PC (and sometimes Xbox and PS3)

Thanks for all the help i have looked at fanatec i think its the way to go to be honest i am a big rally/racer game player my friend orderd some tvr wheel so ill what his is like but i think ill go for the fanatec have looked at madcatz but they just look cheap and nasty.

In my mind i think logitech should go compatible with xbox as well as pc and ps3 because i have used the g25 on the d-box seat with dirt 2 not long after its realese and it was awesome and i loved but i use my xbox more than my ps3 so i whant it for my xbox so ill just have to see what i can strech for but when my friend gets his tvr wheel ill put a wee bit up just to let yous know if its a worth wile buy:)

Thanks,John

Back