Best Wheel for around £330??

• Thread starter Theaterix
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So ive got a £330 ISH budget, and I'm looking at the G27. T500 RS, or the T300.. This is all i have seen so far, and as far as I'm aware, minus fanatecs clubsport, these are the best.
The Differences i see, from a new person to racing Sims, is the fact the T300 has 2 pedals where as the T500 and G27 have 3. I'm 15 and live in the UK, so i don't drive, but I'm quite knowledgeable and I'm not stupid, so i know I can handle sim racing if i put the time into it... Ive also done a few races with an Xbox 360 Controller and I have to say it feels really nice still, but im just not getting the full experience!

I will be needing to buy a year subscription aswell if i do buy the wheel, so that is £32, so call it £300.
I will be getting money off family for Christmas, so I can possibly stick a bit extra down IF NEEDS MUST but id prefer not too as i will be wanting other games, but id quite happily just purchase the iRacing subscription out of that money rather than my wheel money...

Basically here is my Point of view, the G27 is £190 and the T500 is £310 and the T300 is £300, so the T300 seems like a pointless buy really.

Ive got about a million questions to ask, but im sure by what ive wrote above, you can get a rough idea im not aware of any Major differences between them all, and what they all bring to the table, and whether the T500 RS is really worth £120 more than the G27??

That basically is the whole point in this post, but i thought id stick the T300 in for good measure.

Just let me know your thoughts, and if you have any recommendations that i havent thought of, just let me know!

Also, my pc is very capable of running iRacing with ease as its very high end!

Thanks in advance, Jake

G27 is a great wheel. With that said I have never owned the T500RS, but from what I hear it's a very strong (FFB), heavy and sturdy wheel. So to me (I've thought about it too for awhile, but never pulled the plug), 3 things factor in aside from the quality of the wheel; Cost (obviously), and is the surface/rig that it's getting mounted to structurally capable of supporting the wheel without excessive wobble/sway? Also, are the pedals decent, don't just look at the wheel?
What I did was bought a G27 then CSPV2 pedals then later upgraded my rig and love the setup but that's not for everybody.

I don't know anything about the T300 but 3 pedals is always a nicer option.

I highly recommend going to the sim racing hardware forum and doing some research in this thread or in the iRacing Hardware forum or especially YouTube reviews.

Edit: G27 comes with floor mounted pedals, metal paddles that rotate with the wheel, and an H-Pattern shifter.
The T500RS comes with stationary paddles and invertable pedals, and you can buy the TH8 shifter (sequential and h-pattern) later.

Last edited:
My setup is the Fanatec GT3RSv2 and the CSPV2 pedals which i dont think i could live without although they do require constant upkeep like a real car needing to be lubed abit and the loadcell will wear or break after awhile since its a consumable part on them sadly. The GT3RSv2 is a great wheel and ive had it for over 2 years with no problems still as strong as when i got it although the alcantera has seen better days. But the on wheel adjustments you can do with it is what sold me on it and i dont think i can go back to something that doesnt have it.

My setup is the Fanatec GT3RSv2 and the CSPV2 pedals which i dont think i could live without although they do require constant upkeep like a real car needing to be lubed abit and the loadcell will wear or break after awhile since its a consumable part on them sadly. The GT3RSv2 is a great wheel and ive had it for over 2 years with no problems still as strong as when i got it although the alcantera has seen better days. But the on wheel adjustments you can do with it is what sold me on it and i dont think i can go back to something that doesnt have it.

By the way, where are all of the lube points on the CSPV2? My clutch is starting to stick as I press it. Do I need to disassemble it or can I use that 3 in 1 oil and just dab it on all the joints while assembled.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread

You can disassemble it but i normally just spray silicon lube all over the spring and all its pivot points since my throttle sometimes will develop a squeaki just do that, For the brake i normally just take it apart.

The G27 has and is working well, at this point in my career on iRACING, since being purchased in May 2014 as a replacement for the DFGT. (For my next chassis build I'll think I will go with Fanatec)

Back