Best/worst handling cars

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
AdPeCo
What cars do you think have the best and worst handling?

This is not necessarily the car you find easiest to drive, it could be the one you find the most fun! As for the worst handling, how about a car that maybe you had to drive in the licence tests and hated completely.

My votes go thus:

Best car: Ford GT. I love the way this car has a sort of 'bouncy' way of going around the corners. Its really responsive and a great laugh to thrash around the Citta di Aria (that's where I've been doing most of my driving, can't beat those narrow streets!).

Worst car: Subaru Legacy B4. I'm sure it's realistic as I really trust PD's new physics engine but I find this a hideous car to drive. Spongy brakes, spongier steering and it rolls like a Babybel on Everest.

Well, that's my input, I now open it to the floor!

I love driving the black Subaru race car. Awesome motor. Sounds great, handles great.

Worst: Haven't decided on a worst yet.

i wouldn´t say the M5 has the worst handling in the game, but it sure is a little difficult to keep it on smoove line.

i love the S2000 & the xanavi skyline and as the don mentioned above the cusco impreza is also a very nice ride indeed.

If you want a car with body roll, check out that Toyota Bb. If it was in an other game, I think you could roll it over just by turning the steering wheel when driving.
But as this is GT it's not going to happen ...

Sorry I couldn't narrow it down to any one car.

Best Cars
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A - For a FR layout it's bang on. The body roll is just right, and the brakes are up to the job of stopping all 280bhp (unlike the Ford GT).
Cusco Impreza GT - This is great fun, you just always know whats it's going to do. It doesn't fish tail under heavy acceleration, and brakes straight and true.

Worst Cars
Toyota bB Z 1.5 2WD X Version - I've seen lorries handle better. Enough said.
Lotus Elise Sport 190 - I always wanted to like this car, but it's so twitchy through the bends in the test. If you lost it, you might as well just give up and crash the thing. I guess that's one of the draw backs of a mid engine car, if you get your corner speed wrong and break mid corner your facing the wrong way in the blink of an eye.

Cheers

Jamie

Best Cars:

McLaren F1- God damn I love this car! Handles like a dream, and on Fuji down that back straight, it can stop all 300 km/h in a matter of seconds.
Cusco Impreza- Hope I got the name right, but this car is nice. Handles nice, sounds great.

Worst Cars:

Xanavi Wotsit- I don't know the full name of it but it's that Xanavi one. OMG, how bad a handling can a car have???? The oversteer, grrrrrrr!!
Toyota Prius- You may have noticed my post on the race you do using this heap of junk. So slow, so bad sounding, unbelievably bad handling. Horrible

I will add some more when I get time. I'm stuck on that fuel econ race at the minute, so I haven't drove the GT or Evo or anything like that. I'll post again when I have ;)

Originally posted by j8mie
Lotus Elise Sport 190 - I always wanted to like this car, but it's so twitchy through the bends in the test. If you lost it, you might as well just give up and crash the thing. I guess that's one of the draw backs of a mid engine car, if you get your corner speed wrong and break mid corner your facing the wrong way in the blink of an eye
Good description of a mid engined car, but GT4-P is SO forgiving!

I've had a Porsche 914 for 3 years : that car was twitchy, I even didn't want to think of releasing throttle in a high speed corner! (after that costed me once the suspension of my gearbox, broken on a curbstone :embarrassed: )

I know im going to upset a few with my opinions on this but here goes.

Best car: Ford GT, great handeling and I the way it bobs and weaves, but as said earlier brakes a poor. also the skyline is good (better than in GT3)

Worst car: BMW-Mclaren F1, fast but too twitchy under breaking, and poor in every other department. and the prius is an abortion.

Best so far are the BMW mclaren F1 and the Cusco Impreza, both have incredible breaks, and are very good to handle (especially the Cusco). I also like the Trial Celica SS-II Tuning car. Haven't gotten the Ford GT yet, or the

Most disappointing is the BMW M5. Brakes are just bad, and the steering is pretty tough too. And some of the cars that you have to drive in certain lessons are really pieces of junk (Suzuki Alto Works springs to mind :mad: ).

Btw, first post on this forum. I've been lurking for a while though. :)

Originally posted by Falch
Best so far are the BMW mclaren F1 and the Cusco Impreza, both have incredible breaks, and are very good to handle (especially the Cusco). I also like the Trial Celica SS-II Tuning car. Haven't gotten the Ford GT yet, or the

Most disappointing is the BMW M5. Brakes are just bad, and the steering is pretty tough too. And some of the cars that you have to drive in certain lessons are really pieces of junk (Suzuki Alto Works springs to mind :mad: ).

Btw, first post on this forum. I've been lurking for a while though. :)

I'd forgotten about the Celica SS-II. That was a very nice car to drive as well.

Welcome to the GTPlanet.net. Enjoy your stay.

If you haven't already, have a quick read of the rules, if nothing else to avoid personal embrassement when posting :)

Cheers

Jamie

Thx Jamie.:cool:

I'm quite familiar with forums in general, so I checked the rules and such already.

Anway, back to lesson 35, 10 laps with the McLaren F1. :)

How odd, mclaren f1 is worst and best for different people. For me, it's both. Best because of the speed and the normal handling. Worst because of its fishtailing under heavy acceleration.

The cusco is all around great, but I think somebody nicked the brakes of the fordGT. I haven't unlocked the M5 yet so I'll have to wait for that one!!!

Originally posted by Cosmic
Best...
- Mclaren F1 Fina (Awesome handling)
Worst...
- Evo 8 (This car understeer so ****in' much :mad: )

That's exactly what i expected loads of people to put. It's so cliché. The F1 is ok, but not great. I'd rather drive about 5 other cars before that. The Evo 8 is nice, but you're just complaining about the time trial. There are many worst handling cars in the game, even than the TT Evo 8.

Yeah, IMO the McLaren is an awesome car. Sure it fishtails slightly, but skilled drivers should be able to counteract this (I know I can). I like it, plus it looks sweeeeeeeet.

I do like the F1... but I think there are others that I would choose over it... That Cusco Impreza for one... and I just love the old skool Lancia Delta Integrale...

Worst handling car has gotta be that Evo... but I've not tried it on better tyres though!!!

Oh yeah and the DB or Bb bB or whatever it's called... the Box one.. That is just awful!

C.

well in my favourite car is definately the m5, awkward at times but if you get the hang of it very rewarding. Although I must admit that cusco impreza is very good, enjoyed that lesson.

Worst would be the prius or that odd legacy thing in one of the orange tests.

BTW, is there a list anywhere of all the cars that can be unlocked and what has to be done to unlock them?

Originally posted by spon
well in my favourite car is definately the m5, awkward at times but if you get the hang of it very rewarding. Although I must admit that cusco impreza is very good, enjoyed that lesson.

Worst would be the prius or that odd legacy thing in one of the orange tests.

BTW, is there a list anywhere of all the cars that can be unlocked and what has to be done to unlock them?

Here's the full car list click here.

To get all the cars, all you need to do is complete each lesson with a Gold and you'll get everything (excluding those coffee break thingys :rolleyes: ). I know that you get the BMW M5 if you Gold all the Orange lessons. Have a quick search under the Prologue section, I'm sure it's been covered before. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jamie

Best Car: As mentioned a lot of times before the Cusco Impreza, only problem when you drive it is the lack of opponents (only rally cars and no race cars) and I also like the Nissan Z tune or something.

Worst Car: Ford GT, it really sucks at breaking and I also dislike the Bb, box car.....

I also like the way the Ford GT throws you around when you accelerate or brake hard. It's a fun car to drive, but my favourite car in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. I find this car to be responsive, agile, grippy and precise, as well as quick.. It really sems to suit any condition, whether it be Tsukuba or the tight and narrow streets of Citta di Aria (in fact, it seems like the best road car for this circuit). I also like the Nissan 350Z, as it is well balanced and agile.

My least favourite car is the Mitsubishi Colt. It's very sluggish and the handling is dull. The Nissan Micra/March is better than the Colt and corners slightly better, but the steering is a bit imprecise. As I've criticised two of the games small hatchbacks, I'll say that my favourite of this class of car is the Mazda 2/Demio. It's more precise than the Micra and will go at a bearable speed. That test on Tsukuba with the Colt really brassed me off!

I'm also sure that this game's physics are accurate, as the comments I've used to describe the Evo VIII's performance and handling are also used in many car reviews for the real thing.

I like the SL55 AMG. The noise of that car is superb.

The CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA is a great car too.

The Concept M5 is a good car, but doesn't have the soundtrack to go with it, unlike the SL55 AMG.

The Fairlady Z Z-tune(J) is a cool car too. Sounds great on the Fuji Speedway straight IIRC.

Still driving all these cars though justnow to work out my favourite! :)

Beside the M5 which I havent one yet, I totallt agree with RacyBacy on that. SL55 for same reason, Cusco for sheer handling to speed ratio brilliance, and Fairlady Z for the same reasons. I do like the Ford GT, though Its braking leaves a lot to be desired. As for the bB, that plain sucks in every area possible, including looks. My brother likes it, but then like the whole of my family, includng me, he's a little odd.

EDIT: but he hasn't driven it yet!!!

My best car for handling is the tuk tuk with its 350bhp braking and perfect handling i would'nt go anywhere without one :)

My worst car for handling is the Cusco :scared: subaru with its oversteer and WAY then understeer 👎

ALSO I WOULD LIKE to announce that we NEW ZEALAND ( ALL BLACKS ) have just defeated the world champion Rugby Nation England 36 - 3. Dominating their big forward pack and our backs running 50m+ to score tryies go BLACK and go ROCKCOKO!!!!

P.S England ya never played us in the world Cup i think u missed out on something special.

Hardly on topic, but good for them. I love the Cusco impreza man, it is the total opposite of what you said!!

EDIT: you notice i am not very patriotic. So there. Ya boo sucks to you.

I`m very disappointed of the Viper. Sorry, but when you step completely on the gas in second gear, this really fascinating car should do some donuts. But wha happens in Prologue? Understeer understeer, horrible. Big mistake by PD.

Back